• Network: ABC Family
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 22, 2013
  • Season #: 1
6.0

1. Oct 26, 2013
    Oh my god. This was horrible. As i was watching the pilot i kept whispering awful, awful, and awful. You call this a pretty little liars spin-off? I dont remember pretty little liars being a fantasy or horror in that case. Ravenswood fails to show us what the whole show is about, it does raise mystery which is why i gave it a one but aside from that, it delivered a horrible pilot. gossip girl meets american horror story.. and these 2 could never work together.. just AWFUL. Expand
  2. Nov 4, 2013
    thriller mystery +horror Are you kidding me I will give 4/10 You call this a pretty little liars spin-off? Horrible pilot Watched the first 2 episodes...bad show..bad production..bad stories.. just not interesting. This is not a reboot it's a retread with a hole in it. It's off my viewing schedule.
  3. Dec 5, 2013
    It's just awful. The show is very sensationalist, they try to scare you but it's just funny. It should be considered a comedy show, it's so ridiculous it makes me laugh. Ravenswood is just like a very bad "horror" movie.
  4. Jan 7, 2014
    Lame. Enough said. Don't dare you call this a spin off from my favorite show, please. That's borring, the characters are stupids and there isn't a real plot! Omg, give us back our Caleb and stfu.
  5. Jan 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where to begin... First of all, what bugs me, is the amount of makeup caked on to the characters. Like, more than the PLL cast. And they are always caked. In the most recent episode, it was like 1 a.m., and Olivia was awake listening to her mom talk to Collins in the bathroom. I couldn't even pay attention to what was going on because I was distracted by the amount of makeup she and her mom were wearing at 1 a.m.! Secondly the acting is just..ugh. And did anyone else notice how much they sigh?! Listen closely to their dialogue, they're always heavily breathing and sighing when they speak and it's distracting. I so badly wanted to like this show, but week after week with each episode I'm just like, "c'mon, man, seriously?" The script is also so scripted. Like, when I watch something, I feel like the dialogue and plot should just go smoothly and blend effortlessly. With this, I can tell that they're actors reading from a script. It feels so robotic and rehearsed. Which, don't get me wrong, all tv and movies are. But I wanna be sucked into their worlds, not thinking about how it's a rehearsed production. There needs to be some more genuine feeling.
    It is all just so cheesy- the plot line, the events, and the acting. And I think the whole *spoiler alert* Caleb and Miranda being destined to be together is lame. Caleb should be with Hannah. It should just stay that way.
    I just want the show to end, find out what happens and get it over with. I only watch it because it IS entertaining (although really bad) nonetheless and because it's a filler to tie over my PLL addiction haha.

Ravenswood will in all likelihood be a functioning teen horror series, but those looking for a radical antiracist message or a lasting parable about the dangers of concentrated power will be disappointed.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Oct 22, 2013
    Where “Pretty Little Liars” has set the standard for teen mystery/soap-opera TV, Ravenswood comes on more like a horror flick.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 21, 2013
    It's all cheesy and silly with minimally adequate performances but, eh, what do you expect from a show in this genre.