• Network: ABC Family
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 22, 2013
  • Season #: 1
6.0

1. Feb 12, 2014
    I saw the 10 episodes for season 1 in just half a day and oh! so far I love the series. I hope there will be another season. Please, please..cant wait for the next episode.
  2. Jan 15, 2014
    I love this show, the plots and characters are so interesting, and the i love the spooky element! I started watching over the holiday and contrary to a lot of reviews, I actually didn't mind the first few episodes. I think the problem that a lot of ppl have with this show is that they labeled it a pretty little liars spinoff, but apart from a few of the same characters, the storyline has nothing to do with PLL and I'm glad for that. PLL has really become repetitive and boring, and Calebs become so much more interesting in Ravenswood, in PLL he was drab and boring. People just need to separate the two shows in their minds, because this show is more mature than PLL and chances are pretty good that Caleb will end up with Miranda, so a return to PLL is unlikely:-p

PS.
    PLL fans just need to get over themselves and stop trolling Ravenswood boards.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where to begin... First of all, what bugs me, is the amount of makeup caked on to the characters. Like, more than the PLL cast. And they are always caked. In the most recent episode, it was like 1 a.m., and Olivia was awake listening to her mom talk to Collins in the bathroom. I couldn't even pay attention to what was going on because I was distracted by the amount of makeup she and her mom were wearing at 1 a.m.! Secondly the acting is just..ugh. And did anyone else notice how much they sigh?! Listen closely to their dialogue, they're always heavily breathing and sighing when they speak and it's distracting. I so badly wanted to like this show, but week after week with each episode I'm just like, "c'mon, man, seriously?" The script is also so scripted. Like, when I watch something, I feel like the dialogue and plot should just go smoothly and blend effortlessly. With this, I can tell that they're actors reading from a script. It feels so robotic and rehearsed. Which, don't get me wrong, all tv and movies are. But I wanna be sucked into their worlds, not thinking about how it's a rehearsed production. There needs to be some more genuine feeling.
    It is all just so cheesy- the plot line, the events, and the acting. And I think the whole *spoiler alert* Caleb and Miranda being destined to be together is lame. Caleb should be with Hannah. It should just stay that way.
    I just want the show to end, find out what happens and get it over with. I only watch it because it IS entertaining (although really bad) nonetheless and because it's a filler to tie over my PLL addiction haha.
  4. Jan 7, 2014
    Lame. Enough said. Don't dare you call this a spin off from my favorite show, please. That's borring, the characters are stupids and there isn't a real plot! Omg, give us back our Caleb and stfu.
  5. Dec 5, 2013
    It's just awful. The show is very sensationalist, they try to scare you but it's just funny. It should be considered a comedy show, it's so ridiculous it makes me laugh. Ravenswood is just like a very bad "horror" movie.
  6. Nov 15, 2013
    So this show started very boring I have to admit but as you go deeper and deeper every episode it gets darker, more suspenseful, and the story is starting out very good after all. I would change how the spin off started because it starts straight after the pretty little liars Halloween special and I just didn't like because it ends up making some flaws with the story and contradicting Caleb the main character. Overall the show has okay acting (could've been better). The show has such an amazing and scary story line. It should've never been a spin off from pretty little liars (that is just such a mistake). Expand
  7. Nov 7, 2013
    way better then pretty little liars! i like the way it's made, the way the actors play, the story. i think this has a lot of potential. i am looking forward to season 2
  8. Nov 4, 2013
    thriller mystery +horror Are you kidding me I will give 4/10 You call this a pretty little liars spin-off? Horrible pilot Watched the first 2 episodes...bad show..bad production..bad stories.. just not interesting. This is not a reboot it's a retread with a hole in it. It's off my viewing schedule.
  9. Oct 27, 2013
    I gave this a 10 because of the story that is very exciting and mind-boggling. But I also give it a 0 when it comes to other parts of the series. Midpoint 5. The effects, the acting, the casting and the direction were all horrible. I hope people will not compare this with PLL. I don't feel like watching the second episode after watching the pilot. It's one of those series which you would say "duh" at the end. Expand
  10. Oct 26, 2013
    I'll have to disagree with the critics on this one (wich dont happen very often) i think what they tried to do with Ravenswood was make it authentic. The fact that is a Spin-off of PLL does not mean that it has to be the same or a like. I enjoy the way the stories were connected and got intrigued by the mystery of this Creepy town. For now ill just say dont get out of the context this is a Drama Mystery-Thriller is very different from anything you've seen so far that involves teenagers, not your tipical school drama (wich im BORED of). It was good. Expand
  11. Oct 26, 2013
    Oh my god. This was horrible. As i was watching the pilot i kept whispering awful, awful, and awful. You call this a pretty little liars spin-off? I dont remember pretty little liars being a fantasy or horror in that case. Ravenswood fails to show us what the whole show is about, it does raise mystery which is why i gave it a one but aside from that, it delivered a horrible pilot. gossip girl meets american horror story.. and these 2 could never work together.. just AWFUL. Collapse

Ravenswood will in all likelihood be a functioning teen horror series, but those looking for a radical antiracist message or a lasting parable about the dangers of concentrated power will be disappointed.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Oct 22, 2013
    Where “Pretty Little Liars” has set the standard for teen mystery/soap-opera TV, Ravenswood comes on more like a horror flick.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 21, 2013
    It's all cheesy and silly with minimally adequate performances but, eh, what do you expect from a show in this genre.