• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 30, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.7

1. Jun 30, 2013
    It is a wonderful show. It has a great plot, magnificent acting, and the characters are great. Liev Schreiber is one of a kind. This show is very promising so far.
  2. Jul 7, 2013
    The best new show this season. Has a feel like the early Sopranos but in a west coast setting. First two episodes caught and held our attention---good guy "villain", rough upbringing, family tensions and believable cast.
  3. Iar
    Jun 30, 2013
    Liev Schreiber is such a badass. The show is the most darkest but coincident very funny, too. "Who the is you doing in my house? I'm Ray Donovan. Who the are you?"
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    Looks the making of the next Sopranos, I can tell this is gonna be a great one. Everyone must see. Looks likes Showtime has an award winner omits hands.
  5. Jul 2, 2013
    Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight are both absolutely amazing, their on screen chemistry is great. This show reminds me of a mix between the Sopranos and Entourage but in a great way. Very entertaining and a must watch.
  6. Jul 30, 2013
    I think it is a great show, Liev Schreiber is a natural in this role. A good mixture by switching scenes to different scenarios in people's lives. I look forward to each new episode.
  7. Aug 4, 2013
    All the charactors are interesting with their own baggage and quirks. Elliot Gould is amazing as always
    Liev Schreiber is great in everything he does. I hope the show stays on! I put it right up there with Boardwalk Empire.
  8. Aug 5, 2013
    So this is the show that is taking over for Dexter when it departs after it's 8th season. I'm glad they chose Liev Schreiber to play this role, I've always liked him as an actor. He plays a real hard-ass professional fixer who helps celebrities out of big problems, but when his father comes back after being in prison for 20 years, his life gets turned upside down. The story, characters, and drama keep this show looking really good and I can't wait to watch the future seasons(how ever many they decide to pick it up for). Expand
  9. Aug 6, 2013
    Since it's a new show, I'm guessing there are going to be some future episodes to explain more about the characters, and I'm looking forward to each one. My husband loved the Sopranos, and we see a very small resemblance; east vs. west coast, Italian mob vs. Irish 'fixer', but at its most basic, a family man trying to cope and balance work and home. James Gandolfini played his part so well, and I see Liev Schreiber doing the same in this roll. I hope it stays around for a few seasons! Expand
  10. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. Ray Donovan is one of those shows that capture your attention. The Characters are well developed and believe me; Ray has plenty of problems while he tries to solve everybody’s
    Problems.

Spoiler alert: Maybe I’m dense, but it was not clear that Ray worked for a law firm. It is a typical setting in that the firm takes the clients and Ray solves the problems.

Rays brothers are so screwed up; it’s a full time job just to keep them out of jail. His brother Bunch is supposed to have been molested by a priest. A lot of the first six episodes deal with how he has adjusted to his situation.

The back story from Boston comes out very slowly.

The show has a gritty, realism that you have to be in the mood for. This is not a show with any comedy in it.

This show is well worth watching!
  11. Sep 9, 2013
    Didn't get sucked into a show in such a way like this since Showcase's Shameless. The wide range of the characters involved keeps it entertaining even when some things get a bit slow.
  12. Aug 5, 2013
    Intelligent adult drama full of well delineated troubled or quirky characters. Liev Schreiber delivers and it's good to see him in such a meaty role. Jon Voight acts to the hilt and is obviously having fun with his character. Also, the dialogue and plot development is so rich that you must pay full attention to get the just rewards. One of the best shows on TV at the moment.
  13. Aug 6, 2013
    Best new show since Sopranos, well written, well acted, beautifully scored, great production, not afraid to be controversial or irreverent. Loving it.
  14. Aug 18, 2013
    This show is amazing! Ray Donovan is one of my favorite shows and all the characters play their roles perfectly! I hate it's only an hour, the show leaves you on the edge of your seat...make me wonder if someone's life is really like that!
  15. Jul 22, 2014
    Ray Donovan is always an interesting show even when some of the duller characters bring down the suspense. The show manages to be a sexy Full House with guns, baseball bats and attitude. Ray Donovan is a fantastic role for Schreiber.
  16. Sep 21, 2014
    As I was checking the episode guide for season 2 I noticed U.S. ratings are ranging 1.5 million, I am in shock. Ray Donovan is an emotional and action pack crime drama series, if you're not watching it you're definitely missing out. The acting, directing, storyline, production, etc...is amazing! Glad to know it has been renewed for a season 3! WOO HOO!

1. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Feb 13, 2014
    The show, stylishly shot and strongly written, throws a lot at the wall in the premiere.
  2. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jul 1, 2013
    The series exists within its own ugly system, mining the by now tired convention of the thoughtful thug--the same idea that was so brilliantly subverted by more ambitious series, such as “The Sopranos” and “Breaking Bad.”
    There's something both frustrating and fascinating about the way Showtime's classy but surprisingly dull new drama Ray Donovan aspires to greatness.