• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 30, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.8

1. Mar 20, 2014
    como se dice falta de investigacion y falta de creatividad aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Ray donovan y true detective gente que jamaz leyo ni una carilla ni vio una serie ni investigo psicologia una mierda de serie
  2. Nov 23, 2013
    After a rocky start with the first episode, I found the first season of Ray Donovan fascinating and didn't want it to end. There are a lot of threads to follow, but they are worth following. Jon Voight is brilliant of course, and there are other strong performances. Looking forward to the next season.
  3. Nov 11, 2013
    This show is such a mixed bag for me. The actors and acting is pretty good but the storyline is a bit weak (as in who cares anyway). I watched the entire season but I really wouldn't miss it if it didn't return for a season two. If it does come back I will probably watch a couple episodes to see if it gets any better.
  4. Nov 3, 2013
    A friend told me about this show so I tuned in one night and wound up watching all of Season 1 in a week. It's complex with good acting by Schreiber and Voight and Malcomson. It's a little weird, ok a lot weird, but they wind up pulling it together in an entertainingly funny, sad, violent, dysfunctional depravity. I'm hooked!
  5. Oct 16, 2013
    Ray Donovan is off to fantastic start. After an extremely entertaining first season. The only problems are that there are several characters that were introduced for a long period of time that seamed to disappear and the fact that their are some aspects that are very much like The Sopranos. The best aspect of this season was Voight's amazing performance as Mickey Donovan. I am certainly looking forward to seeing this show improve in its upcoming seasons. Expand
  6. Sep 9, 2013
    Didn't get sucked into a show in such a way like this since Showcase's Shameless. The wide range of the characters involved keeps it entertaining even when some things get a bit slow.
  7. Sep 5, 2013
    Philadelphia tough guys make it big in Hollywood by acting like Philadelphia tough guys in Hollywood. Did Showtime hit a home run with Ray? Not yet, but I'm rooting to see it go over the fence.
  8. Sep 1, 2013
    I like this show. I think it's entertaining and I think the acting is very strong especially by Liev Schrieber and Jon Voight. But this is a very flawed show as well. Some of the characters such as the wife with the awful Boston accent and the daughter are insufferable. The pacing is kind of inconsistent as well. But I do enjoy the show nonetheless and I feel that it's really coming into it's own. This show is worth checking out, but it's not the best new show on TV this year. My rating 7.5/10 Expand
  9. Aug 18, 2013
    This show is amazing! Ray Donovan is one of my favorite shows and all the characters play their roles perfectly! I hate it's only an hour, the show leaves you on the edge of your seat...make me wonder if someone's life is really like that!
  10. Aug 18, 2013
    Does a good job holding on to the viewers with the title character's public/personal life. Kind of like The Sopranos. Apart from Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight, it has a couple of nice dark characters like Avi played by Steven Bauer and comic relief characters like Lee Drexler played by Peter Jacobson.
    There is a good combination of dark and white, fun and drama, good and evil and all the
    other opposites on all fronts. I think this one has a potential. Expand
  11. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ray Donovan is one of those shows that capture your attention. The Characters are well developed and believe me; Ray has plenty of problems while he tries to solve everybody’s
    Problems.

Spoiler alert: Maybe I’m dense, but it was not clear that Ray worked for a law firm. It is a typical setting in that the firm takes the clients and Ray solves the problems.

Rays brothers are so screwed up; it’s a full time job just to keep them out of jail. His brother Bunch is supposed to have been molested by a priest. A lot of the first six episodes deal with how he has adjusted to his situation.

The back story from Boston comes out very slowly.

The show has a gritty, realism that you have to be in the mood for. This is not a show with any comedy in it.

This show is well worth watching!
  12. Aug 6, 2013
    Best new show since Sopranos, well written, well acted, beautifully scored, great production, not afraid to be controversial or irreverent. Loving it.
  13. Aug 6, 2013
    Since it's a new show, I'm guessing there are going to be some future episodes to explain more about the characters, and I'm looking forward to each one. My husband loved the Sopranos, and we see a very small resemblance; east vs. west coast, Italian mob vs. Irish 'fixer', but at its most basic, a family man trying to cope and balance work and home. James Gandolfini played his part so well, and I see Liev Schreiber doing the same in this roll. I hope it stays around for a few seasons! Expand
  14. Aug 5, 2013
    So this is the show that is taking over for Dexter when it departs after it's 8th season. I'm glad they chose Liev Schreiber to play this role, I've always liked him as an actor. He plays a real hard-ass professional fixer who helps celebrities out of big problems, but when his father comes back after being in prison for 20 years, his life gets turned upside down. The story, characters, and drama keep this show looking really good and I can't wait to watch the future seasons(how ever many they decide to pick it up for). Expand
  15. Aug 5, 2013
    Intelligent adult drama full of well delineated troubled or quirky characters. Liev Schreiber delivers and it's good to see him in such a meaty role. Jon Voight acts to the hilt and is obviously having fun with his character. Also, the dialogue and plot development is so rich that you must pay full attention to get the just rewards. One of the best shows on TV at the moment.
  16. Aug 4, 2013
    All the charactors are interesting with their own baggage and quirks. Elliot Gould is amazing as always
    Liev Schreiber is great in everything he does. I hope the show stays on! I put it right up there with Boardwalk Empire.
  17. Jul 31, 2013
    Have I missed something? I find "Ray Donovan" a big disappointment. The writing is beyond terrible. The show feels like a bunch of writers who each write a scene and then are thrown together in a hodge podge that makes no sense. The acting is so bad I find myself laughing during scenes that are suppose to be serious. When Gould's character sees the "Golem'" Voight runs off like a little girl...are you kidding me? Just one of many silly scenes. At least if there was one likeable character I could stay with this dreck, but there isn't. The kids are spoiled brats, Ray is just a dog sniffing after everything, Gould's character and the lawyer are so stereotypical as to be offensive......Beyond all this is the pandering. Voight instructs his grandson on oral sex, Ray dreams his father is screwing his wife, Ray's wife displays her thong that she just bought to the delight of her father-in-law and more, all unnecessary pandering. I could go on about why this show stinks but I don't want to give this show anymore of my time. One star for the nice homes and apartments but I guess I could see that on HGTV. Collapse
  18. Jul 30, 2013
    I think it is a great show, Liev Schreiber is a natural in this role. A good mixture by switching scenes to different scenarios in people's lives. I look forward to each new episode.
  19. Jul 9, 2013
    I am so disappointed with this show. I thought they would at least give us a guy who would not fall under the sex spell of a teenager. He is as low as the people he tries to clean up after. This show is disgusting. If this is what "Hollywood" is about, I will continue to watch less and less. He is such a good actor, but not much of a decent human being if he can justify this character.
  20. Jul 7, 2013
    The best new show this season. Has a feel like the early Sopranos but in a west coast setting. First two episodes caught and held our attention---good guy "villain", rough upbringing, family tensions and believable cast.
  21. Jul 7, 2013
    This show certainly has a lot of potential, and is by far one of the best new shows out there. But there are a few tonal and plot inconsistencies. That being said, they are problems that are normal for a brand new show, and will likely be resolved in the coming episodes. I'll give Ray Donovan a chance, for now.
  22. Jul 2, 2013
    Liev is such a scenery chewer. The show might be ok if it's allowed to develop, but anyone who is so in love with himself like Liev is can never carry a show.
  23. Jul 2, 2013
    Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight are both absolutely amazing, their on screen chemistry is great. This show reminds me of a mix between the Sopranos and Entourage but in a great way. Very entertaining and a must watch.
  24. Jun 30, 2013
    Looks the making of the next Sopranos, I can tell this is gonna be a great one. Everyone must see. Looks likes Showtime has an award winner omits hands.
  25. Jun 30, 2013
    It is a wonderful show. It has a great plot, magnificent acting, and the characters are great. Liev Schreiber is one of a kind. This show is very promising so far.
  26. Iar
    Jun 30, 2013
    Liev Schreiber is such a badass. The show is the most darkest but coincident very funny, too. "Who the is you doing in my house? I'm Ray Donovan. Who the are you?"

1. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Feb 13, 2014
    The show, stylishly shot and strongly written, throws a lot at the wall in the premiere.
  2. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jul 1, 2013
    The series exists within its own ugly system, mining the by now tired convention of the thoughtful thug--the same idea that was so brilliantly subverted by more ambitious series, such as “The Sopranos” and “Breaking Bad.”
    There's something both frustrating and fascinating about the way Showtime's classy but surprisingly dull new drama Ray Donovan aspires to greatness.