• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 17, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.9

1. Jun 29, 2014
    I love this show so much ❤️ and I can't wait for season 2. I love all the actors and the storyline also the costumes and set is amazing. I really hope this show has many many seasons to come
  2. Apr 10, 2014
    Such a fun,well written,well acted , well produced series, it's fr sure one of mine favorites series ever , Adelaide Kane does wonders with her caracther , If u are looking for an amazing show you should watch Reign
  3. Feb 7, 2014
    If you are looking for a review a review for this show, here it is:
    Start watching this show now. Its nice. Some would say its now historically correct but do you really need that to like a TV show? I know i don't. I loved it.
  4. Feb 1, 2014
    I absolutely love this show! The show is one of the best new series on the CW! Its very entertaining and I hope we have plenty more seasons to come!!!
  5. Jan 31, 2014
    I love this show so so much! And i´m thinking of it all the time. It´s very romantic and mysterious. The costumes are very beautiful. Mary, Bash and Francis is so pretty
  6. Dec 16, 2013
    Reign thus far is a superb fictional telling of Mary, Queen of Scots. The storyline leaves you wondering what will happen in the next. The costume designs for this show are excellent and glamorous choices. The set design comes with excellent choices for the artwork as well. The only qualm I have with this show is that it is currently on hiatus.
  7. Dec 16, 2013
    This show is great i love it theres no reason to hate on it if you watch the show i mean actually watch it you would like it is really a good show.. you have drama romance action. I mean it has a lot of good scenes that you would love. If you dont like it then you dont have any tast at all..
  8. Dec 12, 2013
    I absolutely love this show. The passion between Mary and Francis is extremely captivating; I can't stop watching the show. The cast play their roles magnificently and I love how unique this show is to the CW. This is definitely one of my new favorite shows. Even if the show is in fact targeted at a younger age group such as teenagers, what's wrong with that? I'm really hoping that this show doesn't get cancelled. It's a great show and needs to be given more credit. Expand
  9. Dec 11, 2013
    I'm really enjoying this show as a 20-something female I can completely see the appeal, even if aimed at a slightly younger market. Its a great mix of dark and light.
  10. Dec 10, 2013
    I love, love love this programme so much! I hope to god it doesn't get axed 10/10! the acting and story line in amazing and the modern twist, costumes and setting make it more appealing to teens and this generation. I love it the acting is amazing and the cast are so good looking
  11. Dec 4, 2013
    One of the best tv shows I've ever seen! Super recommended. So mysterious yet sexy at the same time. The soundtrack is amazing, and the cast too. The modern clothes and style makes it a bit more interesting (in MY opinion).
  12. Nov 30, 2013
    If you are looking for a new show to watch, this is it!
    Reign is a thrilling TV show that is based on the young (teenage) queen of Scotland's struggle of getting married and forming an alliance between her country and France. (Personally I am not a fan of old timey shows or an historical kind of show, but this show is Fantastic!) Reign is filled with twists (at least 3 an episode,)
    action, forbidden love, passion (and I mean a ton of this), murder, mystery and has me constantly on the edge of my seat. This show is addictive, one is hooked after only 2 episodes. It is by far the best show I have watched in a while!!!!!!!
    - it is on CW (check their website if you have missed any of their episodes) on Thursday's at 9
  13. Nov 19, 2013
    Absolutely love this show- the costumes, the drama, the writing, the actors...get ready for some major binge watching if you haven't started yet...it really is Gossip Girl meets Game of Thrones.
  14. Nov 13, 2013
    The show follows Mary Queen of Scots as a fifteen-year-old and her engagement to Prince Francis of France. Throw in a ruggedly handsome bastard (in the literal sense) and four entitled ladies in waiting and you have a complicated mess that will keep your eyes peeled for the entire hour.

Reignʻs loose translation of European politics allows for dramatic interpretation, including a few
    unforeseen scandals. The CW excels at creating riveting dramas and Reign is no exception. Expand
  15. Nov 4, 2013
    Love this new show. It is not historically accurate however it is a very entertaining fictional period drama with political, romance and supernatural elements.
  16. Nov 2, 2013
    If you're tired of hate-watching shows on the CW and want something on the network that you can actually enjoy, you have to watch REIGN. It's not just good for the CW's standards, it's good period. Dark with twists and turns, I get the feeling that we are only at the tip of the ice berg.
  17. Nov 1, 2013
    I love this show! The actors are very good at portraying people from olden times yet the show feels modern. It is currently my favorite show above PLL and game of thrones, this show is very much worth watching I recommend it more than any other show. I can't wait until Thursday. If this show gets cancelled I will be very unhappy.
  18. Oct 25, 2013
    The advertising for this show greatly undersells it. This show is so much more than just another CW teeny-bopper love triangle. It is complex, dark, thrilling and yes, heart-wrenching. Audiences should find this show because it will be a star in the darkness that is a uneventful fall for TV drama. Just make sure to keep this one on the air CW. Not all your shows are made alike, and in this case hopefully the rising tide will lift all ships. Expand
  19. Oct 25, 2013
    If this show is a guilty pleasure then I am guilty as charged. No lie, this show ranks up there in brave, bold storytelling with Game of Thrones, Orphan Black, Homeland, etc. If you're not watching this you should be.
  20. Oct 25, 2013
    Best show on the CW and best new show of the fall. It's getting overlooked because it is pretty much the only thing on the CW that is not based on popular YA books and doesn't have vampires. REIGN is mysterious, thrilling, dramatic, romantic and dark, and it should be at the top of your DVR. The cast is pretty spectacular as well, especially Adalaide Kane as Mary and Megan Follows as Catherine de Medici.

This show is the less R-rated (yet nowhere near PG) version of Game of Thrones, and I haven't seen a network drama go for it as hard as this one. Props to the writing staff and the network for doing something bold and original in the bland world that is broadcast television.
  21. Oct 25, 2013
    A really great show. It has a little bit of all. The costumes are great and the soundtrack is very good. I think is one of the best new series from this season.
  22. Oct 17, 2013
    The critic who gave this show a 10 also rated Vampire Diaries as a zero. It would seem that people can have different tastes in entertainment. I really enjoyed the show and thought it was well acted and interestingly plotted, however I also enjoy the Vampire Diaries. That being said I liked the Tudors, Game of Thrones and Gossip Girl. It is possible for us silly woman of American to like escapist entertainment. It is such a shame that I have to enjoy complete historical accuracy in order to impress all the highbrow critics with my intelligence. Please give this show a try, it is lots of fun and a good guilty pleasure. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Feb 13, 2014
    It is all very campy and salacious (the young ladies are quite overcome after witnessing a bedding, although the resulting masturbation scene was trimmed from the pilot shown to the press), and historical accuracy takes a backseat to hair product and a driving contemporary soundtrack. But the show seems to be a bit aware of its own absurdity, which is more than one can say for some of the dreck the networks have served up so far this season.
  2. Reviewed by: Sarah Rodman
    Oct 17, 2013
    With its grand castle backdrop and sumptuous costumes, Reign looks beautiful, as do all of the people in it. But there needs to be something a little more substantial--be it drama or kitsch--between those walls and seams to make Reign into a show worthy of ascending to the heights of guilty pleasure TV royalty.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Oct 17, 2013
    This is a show, and a network, that doesn't just insult your intelligence; they assume you don't have any.