• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 9, 2014
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.4

1. Mar 10, 2014
    A great show with an interesting premise.The acting, writing, and directing is pretty good, especially for a network tv drama, where the writing is cheesy (ex. NCIS). I can't wait for more!
  2. Mar 11, 2014
    10! A light fare, intriguing, dramatic, interesting, and somewhat-spiritual mystery that is completed with a quality cast & writing, and gorgeous cinematography and editing. A twist here, a turn there, RESURRECTION is a beautifully-crafted event series that includes just enough drama and thrills to keep you tuning in & wanting more for the next 7 episodes.
  3. Mar 26, 2014
    This show is a ripoff of the French series "The Returned"... The acting is flat, pacing is terrible and it looks like it was all shot in model homes. Don't waste your time. I'd rather shovel snow than watch this piece of crap
  4. Mar 16, 2014
    A very good show. Not great, but very good. You should watch it, you won't be disappointed. It wasvery interesting, and worh watching! I'm sure you'll enjoy Ressuraction……
  5. Mar 13, 2014
    All premise and no soul, this is nothing but a weak, shameless ripoff of France's The Returned - which is on Netflix, BTW. Resurrection is an hour of talented yet obviously bored actors reciting the laziest script imaginable; they're not given anything challenging or even remotely interesting to do. As a result you have characters who all seem to be going through the same personalityAll premise and no soul, this is nothing but a weak, shameless ripoff of France's The Returned - which is on Netflix, BTW. Resurrection is an hour of talented yet obviously bored actors reciting the laziest script imaginable; they're not given anything challenging or even remotely interesting to do. As a result you have characters who all seem to be going through the same personality disorder, namely, the lack of a personality. Equally annoying is how these people do little more than take turns giving us explanations of everything that's recently happened on screen, lest the audience ever feel confused or intrigued for more than 15 seconds. This is only enjoyable in the way that Tommy Wiseau's The Room was. Expand
  6. Mar 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The plot is paper thin and numerous oddities detract from the story, such as why isn't the kid freaked out that his parents are 30+ years older, why can he instantly use a smartphone even though he died 30+ years ago, why is he still wearing the same clothes when they bring him back to the US? Getting out of the shadow of the "The Returned" (with basically the same premise) would be difficult but it seems that the writers didn't even try. Expand
  7. Mar 10, 2014
    No tan buena, creo que su mayor problema es que vivirá en la sombra de Les Revenants, lo que no hace mas que dañarla aún porque está lejos de llegar siquiera a tocarle los talones.
    Para mi el principal problema es que el actor que interpreta al niño no es para nada creíble, menos mal que tiene pocas lineas porque si no dejaría mas en evidencia lo grande que el queda el papel.
  8. Apr 28, 2014
    I really wanted to see this show and now I couldn't care less. what are they aliens, clones, demons, I can't make out what is going on, you would think homeland security would be there in force instead they have one immigration agent? huh. people coming back from the dead, nobody cares, give me a break. If it was real life the press would be all over the town. A bit like the dome, I can'tI really wanted to see this show and now I couldn't care less. what are they aliens, clones, demons, I can't make out what is going on, you would think homeland security would be there in force instead they have one immigration agent? huh. people coming back from the dead, nobody cares, give me a break. If it was real life the press would be all over the town. A bit like the dome, I can't remember what happened in the end of that dull series either. Expand
  9. Mar 17, 2014
    this show is not great it just sad . i wish we can save are love ones from dead . but it is what it is i still love the creativity the creator who brought this show to life .
  10. Mar 17, 2014
    FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN WATCHING! This show is great and based on the novel "The Returned" by Jason Mott. This show has no correlation to the French show all the critics may claim. The only possible correlation is the Jason Mott was inspired by it, that is it. This will be and is a great series so far. I recommend watching it unless you have lost someone, since that will bring up too manyFOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN WATCHING! This show is great and based on the novel "The Returned" by Jason Mott. This show has no correlation to the French show all the critics may claim. The only possible correlation is the Jason Mott was inspired by it, that is it. This will be and is a great series so far. I recommend watching it unless you have lost someone, since that will bring up too many memories. Expand
  11. Apr 14, 2014
    I am in awe how bad this show is. I cannot figure out what the other reviewers were watching. The dialogue is laughable at times and the acting worse. The ONLY good thing about it was that it got me to find and watch The Returned from French CANAL network and Sundance. For that reason, i gave it one star. It would be easy to say that Resurrection pales in comparison to the ReturnedI am in awe how bad this show is. I cannot figure out what the other reviewers were watching. The dialogue is laughable at times and the acting worse. The ONLY good thing about it was that it got me to find and watch The Returned from French CANAL network and Sundance. For that reason, i gave it one star. It would be easy to say that Resurrection pales in comparison to the Returned -- every real critic seems to agree. But comparisons aside, Resurrection is lifeless, boring and without soul. All the characters seem to be on mild sedatives - while rehearsing for a high school drama. I struggled to get through episode 4 hoping it would go somewhere. Its not. It is NO Lost, but is hopelessly lost. Expand
  12. Aug 10, 2014
    I just love this series, its the closest they've come up to the x-files yet. Every episode starts good and gets better towards the end. No boring comedy or acting here. I just finished watching the end of season one...and cant wait for September to watch season 2, I just hope they don't cancel with a cliffhanger then...keep it up ABC!
  13. Mar 20, 2014
    Having seen two episodes now, I like Resurrection a little bit more than after only seeing the pilot. I suggest if you try this show you do the same if the pilot doesn't capture you enough. I would like to confirm that there are in fact more people being "returned" then just the stupid boy in episode 1 who doesnt even seem to realize he's 30 years in the future because ... he's an idiot?Having seen two episodes now, I like Resurrection a little bit more than after only seeing the pilot. I suggest if you try this show you do the same if the pilot doesn't capture you enough. I would like to confirm that there are in fact more people being "returned" then just the stupid boy in episode 1 who doesnt even seem to realize he's 30 years in the future because ... he's an idiot?

The show is VERY slow paced, and raises more questions than it answers. But its heart warming... and you want those answers... and the doctor girl is pretty, and you like Omar Epps from House, so it's not terrible. But it's certainly going to get canceled. Oh yeah.
  14. May 11, 2014
    Resurrection succeeds at making you cry, give you chills and hope that a deceased loved one can return from the dead. I will give Resurrection a big 10/10,
  15. Mar 31, 2014
    Hopefully the story line will develop and keep my interest and not tail off like The Dome. Can't wait for more details to unfold. Have no preconceived notions about what is happening.
  16. Mar 31, 2014
    best show ever i just **** love this show it couldnt be any better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Apr 14, 2014
    I have to admit , I am intrigued by each episode. I think it is beautifully written , and the show has me wondering if this is spiritual or possibly alien or government. Tho I am hoping, the outcome is supernatural.

I am hoping there is no one particular religion but just a concept on our existence. That These people were chosen for a mission of introduction to our creator or life after to prove it does exist. I hope in the end of this series that it doesn't just cut off without giving us answers. I hope they do research on those who have had experienced NDE and feed the minds of people like me who would love to see a positive supernatural outcome in life after.
  18. Apr 24, 2014
    I really enjoy this show... It is different from your typical shows.. The casting is perfect, the story lines keep you engaged. Cannot wait to see the next episode. I really hope the story lines keep us intrigued.
  19. May 5, 2014
    I love this show! Every week it has had me coming back for more! I enjoyed the Season 1 finale (Episode 8) so much that I watched it twice! I really hope they bring it back for another season!!
  20. May 26, 2014
    I just love this series. I hope they will not cancel it. My family and I love this one, I can't wait for the Season 2. I hardly seen a series to give you goosebumps and makes you suffer until the next episode like this one.

1. Reviewed by: Jeff Korbelik
    Mar 27, 2014
    Resurrection is the tamer American version [of "The Returned"].
  2. Reviewed by: Kevin Fallon
    Mar 10, 2014
    The dialogue doubles as patronizing directives of what we’re supposed to be thinking, carefully dictating Resurrection’s themes.
  3. Reviewed by: Lesley Smith
    Mar 10, 2014
    On the evidence of the first two episodes, Resurrection seems just one more twist on an American obsession with investigating what lies beneath the surfaces of rural or suburban idylls. As a device to tell the same old stories about illicit love affairs, family estrangement, hidden crimes, and the secrets parents keep from children and visa versa, the arbitrary resurrection of the dead seems pretty extreme, and, frankly, a wasted opportunity.