• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 9, 2014
Season #: 1, 2
7.3

1. Mar 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The plot is paper thin and numerous oddities detract from the story, such as why isn't the kid freaked out that his parents are 30+ years older, why can he instantly use a smartphone even though he died 30+ years ago, why is he still wearing the same clothes when they bring him back to the US? Getting out of the shadow of the "The Returned" (with basically the same premise) would be difficult but it seems that the writers didn't even try. Expand
  2. Mar 10, 2014
    No tan buena, creo que su mayor problema es que vivirá en la sombra de Les Revenants, lo que no hace mas que dañarla aún porque está lejos de llegar siquiera a tocarle los talones.
    Para mi el principal problema es que el actor que interpreta al niño no es para nada creíble, menos mal que tiene pocas lineas porque si no dejaría mas en evidencia lo grande que el queda el papel.
  3. Mar 20, 2014
    Having seen two episodes now, I like Resurrection a little bit more than after only seeing the pilot. I suggest if you try this show you do the same if the pilot doesn't capture you enough. I would like to confirm that there are in fact more people being "returned" then just the stupid boy in episode 1 who doesnt even seem to realize he's 30 years in the future because ... he's an idiot?Having seen two episodes now, I like Resurrection a little bit more than after only seeing the pilot. I suggest if you try this show you do the same if the pilot doesn't capture you enough. I would like to confirm that there are in fact more people being "returned" then just the stupid boy in episode 1 who doesnt even seem to realize he's 30 years in the future because ... he's an idiot?

The show is VERY slow paced, and raises more questions than it answers. But its heart warming... and you want those answers... and the doctor girl is pretty, and you like Omar Epps from House, so it's not terrible. But it's certainly going to get canceled. Oh yeah.

1. Reviewed by: Jeff Korbelik
    Mar 27, 2014
    Resurrection is the tamer American version [of "The Returned"].
  2. Reviewed by: Kevin Fallon
    Mar 10, 2014
    The dialogue doubles as patronizing directives of what we’re supposed to be thinking, carefully dictating Resurrection’s themes.
  3. Reviewed by: Lesley Smith
    Mar 10, 2014
    On the evidence of the first two episodes, Resurrection seems just one more twist on an American obsession with investigating what lies beneath the surfaces of rural or suburban idylls. As a device to tell the same old stories about illicit love affairs, family estrangement, hidden crimes, and the secrets parents keep from children and visa versa, the arbitrary resurrection of the dead seems pretty extreme, and, frankly, a wasted opportunity.