• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.0

1. Oct 23, 2012
    Though improving in some ways and declining in others, the second season of Revenge doesn't aim much higher than the first, offering soapy melodrama and flat performances all around. But its legions of fans won't care as long as everybody is rich and good-looking, easy on the eyes and easy on the brain. What's improved is that our protagonist is truly becoming tainted by her single-minded vengeance, willing to be cruel to the (relatively) innocent just to gain a little leverage and to use them without regard for their humanity. What's less compelling is the Finding Mommy plot, which is a big yawn and which threatens to add sentimentality to a show already groaning with under-motivated passions. Let's hope it dead-ends soon! Expand
  2. Nov 3, 2012
    Started out a bit confusing but is now gearing up to be a better season than its first. One of the best shows on tv right now. Emily Van Camp does an amazing job!!!
  3. Nov 3, 2012
    Jennifer Jason Leigh is a welcome addition to Revenge and brings out the humanity in Emily Thorne who is wonderfully portrayed by Emily Van Camp, Season 2 picks up where Season 1 left of as Emily is struggling with the fact that her mother is alive and that she was not the woman she remembered her to be.
  4. Dec 1, 2012
    Less action, less drama, less mystery and too much dialogues "Good ol Fashioned Beautiful-style"....I've watched 6 chapters so far and they've truly disappointed me. Hope it turns into something better...or you shall see my REVENGE :)))
  5. Jan 27, 2013
    Loved it at the beginning but the schedule is annoying. Ratings are going to crap. Why ??? A 3 week break at christmas and now another 3 week break to see the last episode. Looks like cancellation self suicide. 7 - 10 million viewers before the first break and now down to 5,7 million viewers because us .... the viewer has to put up with an ADHD type schedule. Good bye Emily, it was nice watching while we could. Expand
  6. Jun 27, 2013
    The season started off a bit lack lustre but soon picked up momentum, leading to a explosive finale. With excellent performances all round the second season of revenge may not be as good as season one but still highly addictive.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 1, 2012
    Revenge's second season recaptured its melodramatic mojo after a muddled month. [12 Nov 2012, p.39]