• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.3

1. Mar 22, 2015
    Love the intrigue and the suspense. The story is well written for a 22-ep season. I like how the show carry us to the moment which the pilot began. I really love the season finale. Was epic!!
  2. Feb 9, 2015
    Revenge mostra como os ricos se vingam,e sinceramente não deixa nada a desejar.Baseado na obra-prima de Alexandre Dumas, "Conde de Monte Cristo" a série consegue ser original e bem movimentada,se houver uma 5th temporada,é bem capaz de diminuir o nível maravilhoso da série,mas enfim...Revenge é destruidor!
  3. Jan 22, 2015
    Ugh! This show has gotten so bad and is now reaching. What began as an interesting premise of intrigue and revenge is now a Peyton place and night time soap opera. Whoever thinks that the crazy drug and liquor induced lifestyle of the rich and infamous is interesting? And the plots just keep raveling as opposed to unraveling and becoming even more confusing. It is a head ache! If theUgh! This show has gotten so bad and is now reaching. What began as an interesting premise of intrigue and revenge is now a Peyton place and night time soap opera. Whoever thinks that the crazy drug and liquor induced lifestyle of the rich and infamous is interesting? And the plots just keep raveling as opposed to unraveling and becoming even more confusing. It is a head ache! If the writers don't get their act together son I see the series ending very quickly. They have lost the focus totally. Expand
  4. Dec 28, 2014
    I scored 10 because is the best tv series in the world. Love the characters, the history, the drama, the content is so amazing that i cant stop to see
  5. Nov 1, 2014
    At first, I was skeptical of what "Revenge" could do. But it won me over with the amazingly evil characters and truly Gothic touches. It's not brilliant, but it's never awful.
  6. Feb 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first saw trailers for Revenge on E4, I was SUPER excited for this show, as it showed how a drama is really supposed to look like. The series plot revolves around a woman named Emily Thorne who moves in in her old home where she used to live. She does this because she is getting revenge on the Grayson family for her father's imprisonment and death. For Emily to do this, she must do things like make friends with the enemy, steal, kill, lie, blame and just make everybody's life a misery. Later in the seasons, they introduce new characters like Amanda Clarke who is actually Emily Thorne, but it reveals in a flashback that they changed names for certain purposes. Another character that was introduced was Aiden Mathias. He was Emily's partner when they were training in Japan. In Season 2, Aiden killed his trainer by stabbing him with a sword. Now he returns to the show in Season 3 where he works for Victoria while still with Emily.

This show is an outstanding TV show and this shows how great American TV can be when you take great actors/actresses, make a good plot and add some directors who know what they are doing.
  7. Nov 9, 2013
    Revenge is a very good show that is different than the other dramas on right now. However, this show needs to be moving at a more fast of a pace. I feel like this show is moving in the right direction, however still has area to make up.
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    One of the best shows ever.
    Though it was so sloww at the beginning, it's finally so interestng, with good twists -but not so surprising.
    I love how they manage to gather every characters which come from different universes.
    It's brilliant!
  9. Oct 18, 2013
    'Revenge' is The Most Addictive TV Drama to hit on TV .Widely Acclaimed,Widely Anticipated Every Week,Best Plot Though It May Have Dwindled in Season 2 ,but S3 Is Just Back To The Same Flair and Vengeance Like S1 .Season 3 Till Now Is Living Up to The Mark Awesome
  10. Oct 17, 2013
    Mike Kelley has an imagination that is beyond normal. Unless if it's comic, people normally don't enjoy a TV show that just has characters talk and talk. Revenge shuts down this notion. Its characters throw some of the wittiest lines on TV. The story doesn't run in circles. The plot is wicked. It keeps you wanting to come back for more every episode, every season.
  11. Oct 2, 2013
    It is one of the best series on tv right now! With a great cast, plot and script, this show never fails to disappoint. Loads of drama and lots of action. After every episode you are left with many unanswered questions which really make you want to watch more of REVENGE. This tv show is sure to be a big hit....its one of my favorites now!
  12. Sep 20, 2013
    Love the Conte of Monte Cristo and now I love this show. Fun mystery, filled with drama-galore. Are the characters over the top? Is it a bit soap-y? The answer is yes and yes, but I love it. It might not be for everyone, but after a long hard day of work this is the type of escapism that I look forward to.
  13. May 8, 2013
    I love it, it is the best drama show i have ever seen i love it soo much, i hope and wait a new season and in argentina Sony Enterteiment television said it ill be a third season, don t lose it because it s an spectacular show
  14. Apr 27, 2013
    Season 1 was a warm up to real revenge. Season one finale indicated that season 2 will be much jucier and full of cliffhangers and it has proven its point. this show is mindblowing with it's plot twists and cliffhangers. In my opinion it should be renewed!
  15. Mar 19, 2013
    got bored before seaso 1 finale, it doesnt feel at all like a revenge story. the show had some cool ideas, but started to drag things way too much, seems to me like emily could take revenge many times but she had to hang on it to make the show go on.
  16. Jan 25, 2013
    A crisp new drama series, and a classic guilty pleasure. Rich plots and nail biting twists make Revenge an almost perfect mix of high style, fashion, fierce divas and mystery.
  17. Jan 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First, this show is nothing like The Count of Monte Cristo. But what we can easily detect about the real "surprise" plot - it is just way too obvious if you read between the loose lines - is that Nolan Ross is the person seeking revenge. He has set up every one of his moves (apparently, to get to the Initiative) and has been using Emily Thorne's survival skills to his own advantage. So now that we know the plot, there isn't much left except to know that the story just needs to keep going in the same soap opera direction with Nolan weaving his way deeper into the Initiative's bowels (or he may be the leader of the Initiative - that can be decided two minutes before the show's end) with a few reversals tossed in here and there all leading up to the supposed surprise reveal. And, let me guess, it will be revealed that one other character (not Emily) has been working along with him. Probably a male lover. Expand
  18. Dec 8, 2012
    Its got a very good storyline, and the main characters portray it very well, but I realize with some of the cast, they mumble their lines especially in Season 2. It has become more noticeable. I am a fan, and therefore can put up with it. Also some of the episodes don't satisfy me than others. They usually drag out the purpose, therefore making the idea of "Revenge" boring.
  19. Nov 5, 2012
    Absolutely mind-blowing. I've been stuck on it ever since I watched the pilot, and every week brings about a another round of questions and thoughts. I love how everything is so unexpected, and I really hope this show will last for a long time to come. Emily Van Camp is absolutely amazing too (:
  20. Oct 21, 2012
    If this show can keep new characters coming and have huge plot twist, I think it could go for a long time. Im only half way through the first season and am enjoying the hell out of it.
  21. Oct 7, 2012
    A show which is full of plot twists, great acting and characters. The brilliant ways on how the protagonist tries to get revenge, also a focus on a range of characters which storyline ties in the plot
  22. Oct 1, 2012
    Always keeps you guessing. As soon as you think you know where they're going..... they take it a different direction. Definitely one of my favorite shows on TV.
  23. Sep 18, 2012
    I ran out of things to watch on Netflix so I reluctantly clicked "Revenge" not expecting anything special. I ended up watching the first season in two days. It was the best soap opera type drama I've ever watched. The plotting was brilliant. Out of the few new shows I've watched from last season it was by far the best. Yes, it isn't "Damages", but for what it is, a "Dallas" orI ran out of things to watch on Netflix so I reluctantly clicked "Revenge" not expecting anything special. I ended up watching the first season in two days. It was the best soap opera type drama I've ever watched. The plotting was brilliant. Out of the few new shows I've watched from last season it was by far the best. Yes, it isn't "Damages", but for what it is, a "Dallas" or "Dynasty" for this generation, it's leagues above those two icons. I can't wait for the new season... Expand
  24. Aug 24, 2012
    This show is just ok for me. At times it can seem really slow and boring. Some of the acting is laughable especially the actor who plays nolan. What really bothers me is the fake ocean backgrounds. Isn't this show filmed in CA? Honestly they couldn't find an actual beach to film at?! Come on! I only watch this show because I wanted to start another series on hulu. Ill try to keep watchingThis show is just ok for me. At times it can seem really slow and boring. Some of the acting is laughable especially the actor who plays nolan. What really bothers me is the fake ocean backgrounds. Isn't this show filmed in CA? Honestly they couldn't find an actual beach to film at?! Come on! I only watch this show because I wanted to start another series on hulu. Ill try to keep watching until the end of the season and hope that Emily can kick some much needed ass! Expand
  25. Aug 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall this show has been a great addition to the addictive dramas ABC churns out. I was concerned about the way the season finished. Introducing the Americon Initiative seemed like a jump in order to try to take the show to the next level for the second season, but I remain unconvinced. The beauty of this show was in its intimacy. Emily had researched all the members of the conspiracy and infiltrated them and was very personally destroying the things they cared for above all. A government conspiracy draws away from that, it becomes very cold and institutional. I assume they chose to resurrect Emily Expand
  26. Aug 2, 2012
    The pre-season commercials for Revenge looked drab and dull to me, so I did not watch the series at first. Then, I saw commercials for it after a couple of episodes - and it looked good, so I indulged. To my surprise I found Revenge to be the best new show of the season without a doubt. In fact, it is the only new show that I watched for the entire season. The acting by Emily Van Camp,The pre-season commercials for Revenge looked drab and dull to me, so I did not watch the series at first. Then, I saw commercials for it after a couple of episodes - and it looked good, so I indulged. To my surprise I found Revenge to be the best new show of the season without a doubt. In fact, it is the only new show that I watched for the entire season. The acting by Emily Van Camp, Madeline Stowe, and Gabriel Mann is superb and the plot twists keep you wanting more. To top it all off, Revenge had an epic season finale....100% drawing me in for season two, though I was hooked already. If you like interesting plot twists and this cast, you will LOVE the show. I would really give it a 9.8, but that's as close to perfect as I really rate anything! Expand
  27. Jul 19, 2012
    i absolutley love this show end off.
    it has such a good story line that i think it appeals to all the family, and i really love the actors, if im honest
  28. Jul 16, 2012
    Love this show! I was thrilled when the show was confirmed for a second season. Hopefully there will be many seasons to come to see what Emily Thorne has up here sleeve.
  29. Jul 12, 2012
    At first, I liked Revenge. A lot. I mean, I thought it was one of the best shows of the season for the first couple episodes. But it turns out that Revenge is only really amazing when Emily VanCamp's Amanda Clarke is ACTUALLY getting revenge. Quickly, the tone shifts to a soapy show about her love life. I quit 11 episodes in.
  30. Jun 22, 2012
    At first I thought I liked this show. Its like a cross between Desperate Housewives and Harper's Island, which sounds soapy and boring, but the first few episodes seemed to have promise. I was expecting the plot to really get going and get more interesting but it continued to be very soapy and I got bored of waiting for it to all kick off. Maybe if it was on showtime it could be moreAt first I thought I liked this show. Its like a cross between Desperate Housewives and Harper's Island, which sounds soapy and boring, but the first few episodes seemed to have promise. I was expecting the plot to really get going and get more interesting but it continued to be very soapy and I got bored of waiting for it to all kick off. Maybe if it was on showtime it could be more focused on the actual revenge and better. Ringer was this years other soapy crime show and it was more focused on the crime and overall better. Basically, Revenge is a woman's show. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    Revenge is too juicy to write off as junk. It's got strong performances, from actors who don't condescend to their flamboyant dialogue.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 14, 2011
    The arrival of one pure and unadulterated drama about a passion as old as man is something to celebrate. That's particularly true when that drama is as spellbinding in its satisfyingly gaudy way, as Revenge turns out to be.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Sep 22, 2011
    Revenge might sound enjoyably soapy in the abstract, but its execution is problematic.