• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.3

1. Jun 22, 2012
    At first I thought I liked this show. Its like a cross between Desperate Housewives and Harper's Island, which sounds soapy and boring, but the first few episodes seemed to have promise. I was expecting the plot to really get going and get more interesting but it continued to be very soapy and I got bored of waiting for it to all kick off. Maybe if it was on showtime it could be more focused on the actual revenge and better. Ringer was this years other soapy crime show and it was more focused on the crime and overall better. Basically, Revenge is a woman's show. Expand
  2. Feb 20, 2012
    "The Count of Monte Cristo" it ain't, but "Revenge" has its virtues. First, TV hasn't yet exhausted its theme, though AMC's new "Hell on Wheels" and the current season of "Spartacus" also turn on vengeance. Second, "Revenge" plays on our love-hate relationship with great wealth, as characters with vast new fortunes take down characters with vast old fortunes. Third, the show announces a serious moral purpose right up front (Confucius say "dig two graves") then treats it like the surgeon general's warning on a pack of cigarettes. The assurance of righteousness without pesky ethical nuisances! "Hamlet" without soliloquies! So why isn't "Revenge" a 10? First, every character is a caricature. From the dissolute scion to the geeky bazillionaire who can't buy a friend, each is familiar and flat, a chess (make that a checker) piece, not a human being. For another, our avenger has the affect of a tree stump. When she topples a mark--which she does far too easily--she exhibits the satisfaction most people do after successfully boiling water. Yes, I know: she must conceal her smoldering rage, but, even when completely alone, she rarely does more than smirk (for more detail, see lunafromage's excellent description). This is the sort of woman who draws horns, scars, and eye-patches on pictures of her enemies, not the sort who masterminds the fall of giants, even the one-dimensional giants on this show. UPDATE: The first season is almost over, and America loves "Revenge," as witnessed here on Metacritic, where my review was labeled "not helpful" by 6 of 8 users. Woo hoo! Given that the most "helpful" review says, "um . . . like I can't hardly think why, but . . . um . . . like, I really, really l-u-u-u-r-v-e this show," I'm happy to be considered "unhelpful." Anyway, after 14 episodes, the series remains a bit of a head-scratcher. Much has happened in a short time, yet most of the characters seem oddly untouched, as though their souls, like their faces, were subject to regular injections of botox. Despite success beyond the wildest dreams of Edmond Dantès, as well as some shocking collateral damage, our avenger cannot manage to summon an emotion or arrange her features to simulate one. And it's not as though she lacks opportunity. At least five times an episode, she embraces her fiance and the camera zooms in for a close-up of her face. Her head lies against his neck, so he can't see her expression; nor can anyone else, as the couple is alone. Now is the time for Emily-Amanda's mask to slip, just for a moment. Does she loathe the man who holds her so tightly, or is she falling for him despite her carefully-laid plans? Is her vengeance driven by sorrow or rage or perhaps guilt that she, too, believed her father a traitor? Surely, her face will give us a hint. But, no, Emily VanCamp's expression is just mildly puzzled, as though she is wondering whether the groundhog will see its shadow this year or whether to order the low-fat vegetable stroganoff for lunch. The Golden Lab who plays "Sam" has ten times the range of expression, as do one or two other cast members. Madeleine Stowe clearly relishes playing the show's dragon lady and has mastered the menacing purr of the society psychopath. Even she, however, is two-dimensional, so far unconvincing as a woman Emily-Amanda's paragon of a father could have loved. But perhaps she'll get there; the show certainly looks as though it will be around for a long, long time. Expand
  3. Sep 22, 2011
    It has style, but little depth. It will amuse the average TV viewer. It will also appeal to the Class warfare that the right love to yak about. Watch the "job creators" get whacked, one by one. Hey it's less painful than taxing them.
  4. Apr 27, 2013
    Season 1 was a warm up to real revenge. Season one finale indicated that season 2 will be much jucier and full of cliffhangers and it has proven its point. this show is mindblowing with it's plot twists and cliffhangers. In my opinion it should be renewed!
  5. nbc
    Jan 8, 2012
    Revenge is absolutely addicting. The two standout actors of the show are Emily VanCamp as Emily Thorne and Margarita Levieva as Amanda Clark. The perfect word to describe this show? Juicy.
  6. Jul 12, 2012
    At first, I liked Revenge. A lot. I mean, I thought it was one of the best shows of the season for the first couple episodes. But it turns out that Revenge is only really amazing when Emily VanCamp's Amanda Clarke is ACTUALLY getting revenge. Quickly, the tone shifts to a soapy show about her love life. I quit 11 episodes in.
  7. Oct 17, 2013
    Mike Kelley has an imagination that is beyond normal. Unless if it's comic, people normally don't enjoy a TV show that just has characters talk and talk. Revenge shuts down this notion. Its characters throw some of the wittiest lines on TV. The story doesn't run in circles. The plot is wicked. It keeps you wanting to come back for more every episode, every season.
  8. Jan 19, 2012
    If your mind is on cruise control and you can't venture beyond the schlock that's typically on Fox, ABC, NBC and CBS, this show's for you. The critics are spot on when it comes to Revenge, it deserves a medicore 6.6. The user rating is peculiar, it's definitely not in the same league as the higher metacritic rated shows. This show harkiens me back to shows like Dynasty, Dallas, Flamingo Road and Falcon's Crest, and I don't mean that in a good way. Expand
  9. Sep 24, 2011
    I like it ! its good ! amazing story , Acting and the characters are the best thing in this show ! can go on really long time ! but only Emily VanCamp seems a bit low to me but hope she will catch up !
  10. Sep 20, 2013
    Love the Conte of Monte Cristo and now I love this show. Fun mystery, filled with drama-galore. Are the characters over the top? Is it a bit soap-y? The answer is yes and yes, but I love it. It might not be for everyone, but after a long hard day of work this is the type of escapism that I look forward to.
  11. Nov 9, 2013
    Revenge is a very good show that is different than the other dramas on right now. However, this show needs to be moving at a more fast of a pace. I feel like this show is moving in the right direction, however still has area to make up.
  12. Sep 27, 2011
    One of the best new pilots of the season. Strong story, great acting, a protagonist who you can root for. Loads of drama, plenty of action, well written characters with depth. A mystery that will have you tuning in. This one is a recipe for success. ABC did good work here!
  13. Oct 21, 2012
    If this show can keep new characters coming and have huge plot twist, I think it could go for a long time. Im only half way through the first season and am enjoying the hell out of it.
  14. Oct 20, 2011
    Revenge isn't an original concept (its based on The Count of Monte Cristo) but its a well built little show with a decent premise, a likeable cast that clicks with the audience and a great misunderstood villain in Madeleine Stowe. The only true shame of the show is that Emily Vancamp is so thoroughly boring as Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke). A great new show, just a shame about the choice of lead.
  15. Aug 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall this show has been a great addition to the addictive dramas ABC churns out. I was concerned about the way the season finished. Introducing the Americon Initiative seemed like a jump in order to try to take the show to the next level for the second season, but I remain unconvinced. The beauty of this show was in its intimacy. Emily had researched all the members of the conspiracy and infiltrated them and was very personally destroying the things they cared for above all. A government conspiracy draws away from that, it becomes very cold and institutional. I assume they chose to resurrect Emily Expand
  16. Sep 29, 2011
    My new guilty pleasure. Emily Van Camp at her finest with a killer script that keeps you on your toes. This is quickly becoming my favorite new fall show.
  17. Dec 8, 2012
    Its got a very good storyline, and the main characters portray it very well, but I realize with some of the cast, they mumble their lines especially in Season 2. It has become more noticeable. I am a fan, and therefore can put up with it. Also some of the episodes don't satisfy me than others. They usually drag out the purpose, therefore making the idea of "Revenge" boring.
  18. Oct 7, 2012
    A show which is full of plot twists, great acting and characters. The brilliant ways on how the protagonist tries to get revenge, also a focus on a range of characters which storyline ties in the plot
  19. Nov 18, 2011
    Everyone should give this show a chance! I was so surprised by the quality, it started out as a guilty pleasure that I was unsure of but with each episode I watched it kept on getting better and better. Along with Homeland, Once Upon a Time and American Horror story its the best TV drama of the year!
  20. Oct 1, 2012
    Always keeps you guessing. As soon as you think you know where they're going..... they take it a different direction. Definitely one of my favorite shows on TV.
  21. Feb 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first saw trailers for Revenge on E4, I was SUPER excited for this show, as it showed how a drama is really supposed to look like. The series plot revolves around a woman named Emily Thorne who moves in in her old home where she used to live. She does this because she is getting revenge on the Grayson family for her father's imprisonment and death. For Emily to do this, she must do things like make friends with the enemy, steal, kill, lie, blame and just make everybody's life a misery. Later in the seasons, they introduce new characters like Amanda Clarke who is actually Emily Thorne, but it reveals in a flashback that they changed names for certain purposes. Another character that was introduced was Aiden Mathias. He was Emily's partner when they were training in Japan. In Season 2, Aiden killed his trainer by stabbing him with a sword. Now he returns to the show in Season 3 where he works for Victoria while still with Emily.

This show is an outstanding TV show and this shows how great American TV can be when you take great actors/actresses, make a good plot and add some directors who know what they are doing.
  22. Oct 15, 2011
    Love it! Emily VanCamp is awesome in her role, even though I prefer her in a "lighter" role. The actress really has embraced the more sinister side of her character and I find it believable. I love the intrigue and mystery the show brings and the cast to back that up. I agree with some of the previous reviews that the theme/concept of the show is pretty fresh. I also agree that it is hard to see how this would extend into multiple seasons. Nevertheless, it is here now and I will enjoy it while it is. Truly a good show and cast. Collapse
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    I am Absolutely in Love with this show!! I count the days until the each next episode comes on! The actress who plays Emily is Awesome as is the rest of the cast. I love the plot its drama & even comedy at times. I really hope it gets picked up for a second season althought I'm not sure if Emily will have anyone else to destroy by then.
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    Best new show on TV! Every episode gets you more and more intrigued in its characters and in the story. Stowe and VanCamp are amazing! Wends nights do not come fast enough for me. REVENGE!!!!
  25. Dec 14, 2011
    Though Homeland is probably the best new show this season by normal standards, Revenge is definitely my favorite new show this season. It may not be something critics will praise, but if you like semi-campy soapy TV, Revenge is the cream of the crop. It is as though someone put a lot of time and effort into crafting a well-written soap. Those two things are rarely found in the same television show, but Revenge pulls it off flawlessly. Highly recommended. Expand
  26. Jan 25, 2013
    A crisp new drama series, and a classic guilty pleasure. Rich plots and nail biting twists make Revenge an almost perfect mix of high style, fashion, fierce divas and mystery.
  27. Mar 19, 2013
    got bored before seaso 1 finale, it doesnt feel at all like a revenge story. the show had some cool ideas, but started to drag things way too much, seems to me like emily could take revenge many times but she had to hang on it to make the show go on.
  28. Sep 25, 2011
    I was skeptical about the show at first, but after finally giving in and watching the premiere, I was pleasantly surprised. It was well written and thought out and the actors really brought life to the characters.
  29. Oct 12, 2011
    Revenge is a great modern take on a classical tale of court intrigue. Unlike many TV shows revenge does not fall into endless side plots, secondary character back stories, or cheesy romances; Revenge sticks to its title, everything that happens is somehow connected to the intricate conspiracy. The main character of Amanda (a.k.a. "Emily") is a great, complex character. Though her past has been destroyed and she spent many years in psych wards and juvenile detention facilities, she has returned, strong, smart, cunning, and bent on revenge. Unlike a lot of characters seeking revenge she doesn't go straight to violence, but makes complex plans to utterly destroy her targets. She is half super-villain, half Mossad agent. Expand
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    I cannot even begin to describe how good this show is! I reccommend it to everyone, this is the break out series of the year. Revenge is addicting, its good fun, it has great acting and a chilling story! Revenge is best served cold or in this case on ABC Wend at 10!
  31. Nov 16, 2011
    The best show on tv! Revenge only gets better and better with each episode that airs. Emily VanCamp plays Emily/Amanda with so much depth and Stowe is makes us love to hate Victoria. Revenge is a must watch for any TV fan!
  32. Nov 17, 2011
    Amazing show that just keeps on getting better and better, the acting is good, characters are multi dimensional, writing is clever, direction, cinematagraphy, etc are all top notch.
  33. Aug 2, 2012
    The pre-season commercials for Revenge looked drab and dull to me, so I did not watch the series at first. Then, I saw commercials for it after a couple of episodes - and it looked good, so I indulged. To my surprise I found Revenge to be the best new show of the season without a doubt. In fact, it is the only new show that I watched for the entire season. The acting by Emily Van Camp, Madeline Stowe, and Gabriel Mann is superb and the plot twists keep you wanting more. To top it all off, Revenge had an epic season finale....100% drawing me in for season two, though I was hooked already. If you like interesting plot twists and this cast, you will LOVE the show. I would really give it a 9.8, but that's as close to perfect as I really rate anything! Expand
  34. Sep 22, 2011
    Best new show of the season! Emily VanCamp and Madeleine Stowe doing a great job! I hope that this will be a hit show. All characters are well written and great story to go on for several seasons.
  35. Sep 21, 2011
    i love this show, so creaive, suspensful and emily vancamp is gorgious in her role.the characters are amazing and the story must be saw ! follow Revenge !!!!
  36. scl
    Feb 28, 2012
    One of the best shows of the season! I just love the fact that this series always keep me nervous, and every episode I'm realizing that Revenge is making me addicted, well, is one of my favorites new fall 2011 show.
  37. Apr 1, 2012
    Love Love Love Love. Has me on my seat every episode. It's an intense chat at work each week about what just happened and theories. Not to mention my mum and I are absolutely hooked!
  38. Jun 2, 2012
    Revenge is one of those TV shows that you either follow with unwavering obedience, or just wait to come out on Netflix and watch in one sitting.
    Toward the beginning of the season, it was obvious that the creators of the show were trying to go for a more episodic approach to the show, giving Emily Thorne, the main character, a goal to achieve by the end of the episode. This goal, so to
    speak, would have been someone to destroy.
    Later on though, the plot became less episodic and more of an installment into an actual plot. One might say it would flow like a movie, bar the cliffhangers and differences of TV and movies, obviously.
    This also meant that Revenge became more confusing. The backstories of the characters began to become clearer as time went on and more was revealed, but it's definitely a show where you must watch the episodes more than once.

All in all, great show, and I highly recommend catching up on the first season now that it's done!
  39. May 8, 2013
    I love it, it is the best drama show i have ever seen i love it soo much, i hope and wait a new season and in argentina Sony Enterteiment television said it ill be a third season, don t lose it because it s an spectacular show
  40. Oct 18, 2013
    'Revenge' is The Most Addictive TV Drama to hit on TV .Widely Acclaimed,Widely Anticipated Every Week,Best Plot Though It May Have Dwindled in Season 2 ,but S3 Is Just Back To The Same Flair and Vengeance Like S1 .Season 3 Till Now Is Living Up to The Mark Awesome
  41. Sep 23, 2011
    The story and setup are interesting. The characters bring their emotions front and center. If it continues at this pace, it can be one of those shows that everyone will be talking about. ABC needs to somehow keep this one alive. WHATEVER. IT. TAKES.
  42. Sep 26, 2011
    The best new show of the season! (it's absured that my review must be 150 characters when 32 characters says exactly what I want...............................)
  43. Oct 10, 2011
    At first glance, "Revenge" may have seemed to be a simple, frothy work made for a 10 pm time slot. I had definitely planned on checking it out, but I was not expecting to get sucked into all of its intricate plot twists and intertwined character backgrounds. The show is as rich and entertaining as the Hampton elitists portrayed by Revenge's talented cast. Frothy? Yes. But the show has substance, too; it can be just as deadly serious as it is playfully fun. Each week I await the next new episode, and I can already deem this my favorite new show of the 2011 Fall tv season. Expand
  44. Sep 22, 2011
    Enjoyed the first episode and will keep watching... Do me a favor ABC, don''t cancel this one early - would like to see the story play out. If this turns out to be a one to two season show, that's fine, so long as you get through the telling....
  45. Sep 22, 2011
    It's certainly promising, but it has too be careful and not take itself too seriously, it's never going to be a great drama, more of a guilty pleasure. I'm not sure how long they'll be able to stretch the storyline out for, what happens when they get up to the engagement party, obviously they will have something planned, but I can't see it lasting more than a season. It has the potential to be a very enjoyable season though. Expand
  46. Sep 21, 2011
    So far this show seems promising. The dialogue may be a bit corny and forced at times, but the actors have portrayed their characters very well. The scenery and the directing is absolutely gorgeous. If the story can develop well and be interesting, I think this show will be one heck of a ride.
  47. Oct 3, 2011
    One of the few shows that seem very well thought out & written. Sometimes I think shows are planned week to week, but this one feels different & unpredictable. I have no clue how the story line can go past a season or two, but will be pleased to see how everything unfolds. Best show I have seen in a LONG TIME!!
  48. Oct 29, 2011
    The show started out a little bumpy but it has turned into one of the fall's most promising shows. It turned from a guiltu pleasure to plain pleasure.
  49. Nov 15, 2011
    In one word this series is boring. There's a lot of suspense and very little payoff. The main character is so deadpan as to be unbelievable. I suppose she's supposed to come off as calculating... instead she comes off as dull. Someone who's dedicated their life to revenge is passionate. She's about as passionate as a dead fish. Do they really expect us to believe that she charmed Mr. Richy-Rich just by doing that half-hearted squint and closed-mouth thing she calls a smile? She has no personality. The other characters aren't in much better positions. We don't learn much about them before they start going down one by one. Not that the viewer is enticed to care very much. All we get are these half-assed flashbacks that aren't convincing enough to make me hate them. If you want to see revenge drama done right, watch Veronica Mars. Expand
  50. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I LOVE this show. Slightly implausible, but it doesn't matter. It's decadent fun: danger, romance & intrigue nestled in a lavish setting surrounded by a gorgeous and skilled acting team. I've adored Ms. VanCamp since the debut of "Everwood" and she gives us an Emily/Amanda that I almost hate to adore and root for, but I do. She has such brilliant subtlety in her delivery...her character is layered deliciously. Ms. Stowe is pure icy perfection. Her (Queen) Victoria's commanding presence could shatter most anything and anyone. NIck Wechsler is so wonderful....strong, gentle, compassionate, warm and to-die-for! Joshua Bowman is a new face to me. He is JFK, Jr. and I feel so badly for him (so far,) in exactly the same way I felt for McDreamy in the film, "Sweet Home, Alabama." If Emily changes her mind and sticks with him, it'll be ok. Daniel is a good guy, all-in-all, it seems...having turned his life around for the time being. Gabriel Mann is a hoot and Connor Paolo is so interesting, different and adorable. I was so thrilled to see Christa B. Allen as part of this cast. Our awkward 13-year-old has blossomed beautifully!! The plot is actually moving faster than I anticipated...I figured it would be a full season before anyone came close to figuring out who Ms. Thorne really is. I eagerly await this show each week and excited to try to figure out where our Hamptonites are headed. I guess I'm also a fan of Mike Kelley. I loved "Swingtown," too and look where that sadly ended up. "Revenge" will be around a lot longer, I hope. I see a lot of employees in that Grayson Industries photo. Expand
  51. Nov 19, 2011
    Its simply so good, it gets better and better, its dark edgy, soapy, a mix between the best of Dynasty and some of Dexter, its an enjoyable and incredible ride, I simply stay glued to the tv.
  52. Dec 14, 2011
    Right now this show probably has very high ratings but if what is supposed to be a new series has already began skipping weeks and showing old repeat episodes on demand you do the math. You begin to lose interest when the show doesn't go on.
  53. Dec 18, 2011
    The best new show of 2011. Emily VanCamp does an AMAZING job playing Emily Thorne (Amanda Clarke). She can make little micro-expressions in her face which, lets face it, not many actors and actresses can do. Each episode gets you more drawn into the series' characters and wanting to know what happens next. The show is really well written and the entire cast is really talented.
  54. Dec 27, 2011
    I think this is the best new show of the season! Madeleine Stowe does an amazing job of playing Victoria and I find the character of Nolan really interesting. I hope they go more into depth in his character. My favorite character is of course Amanda Clarke (Emily VanCamp). The show is written perfectly and the entire cast should be proud.
  55. Feb 28, 2012
    The best series to come out in a while, each chapter that happens is good and surprising, a chapter fast that not enough time to get bored, I wish to continue as good as before and do not give a bad spin on the story and the outcome.
  56. Apr 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ABC's new show is great. It's got a big potential to accomplish. The acting - great, the plot - twisted, tense, amazing, and the writing is "subtle". The show is a guilty pleasure, filled with twist, a great tool to relax and enjoy the revenge that Emily makes upon her targets. Despite the fact that it's drama, it is sometimes funny. Madeleine Stowe acts just great, and Emily Van Camp is so suitable for her role as Emily Thorne. For me, it's like a drug. I'm very satisfied with it and I can't wait for the next episodes. ABC's got the lucky strike and mustn't stop doing this show, not that it's planning to. Expand
  57. Apr 15, 2012
    What has become particularly special about the show is how this theme of revenge has manipulated how we resonate with the characters. Initially, we are 100% on Emily's side, she is the protagonist and we want her to succeed in her efforts to destroy these evil antagonists, the Graysons. But then we learn about Victoria's secrets, which almost makes us empathize with her because of the severe sacrifices she made. Same with Conrad Grayson, who may be going through the most significant ordeal in the show, learning of the biggest secret Victoria kept from him. We love Daniel because Emily at least appears to love him. Still, we are reminded just as Emily is, these people ruined her life. The show is called 'Revenge' for a reason, Emily's motives become our own and we want revenge just as bad as her! Expand
  58. Apr 25, 2012
    A bit of background - I rarely have time to watch TV through the week, but when I stumble on something that is really enjoyable I start to record episodes to watch when I have time - but often these series get cancelled (Boston Legal, for example - a very, very clever example of writing and debating current topics) because the types of shows I find interesting apparently don't appeal to a broad audience... for example, I found absolutely nothing entertaining about Friends, but it lasted years - sorry to those who evidently supported it through all those years... it was so from clever it made the Flintstones seem sophisticated. (hmmm... I guess the Flintstones also lasted for years...)

When travelling last fall, one night at the hotel flipping channels and catching up on email I again stumbled onto initially what seemed like a visually interesting program - it turned out to be the pilot episode of Revenge part way through - the cloths and actors were great - all in shape, beautifully dressed. So I paused the channel flipping and went back to email - but the voices were clear and conveyed emotion without either yelling or fake laughter... and these voices didn't constantly repeat the same pitch over and over (see Friends). Finally, the voices became a real interruption for my email. (Believe me, I can work through most shows without interruption - but somehow in a hotel room, it's nice to have the TV on while working.)

Revenge is indeed a very clever show - but what makes it really work is the combination of the writing and superb directing - the actors/actresses are actually working their trade, much like stage productions. Each character truly expresses emotion - not slapstick stuff, but subtle conviction - and the sound recording is so well done, that you can actually hear these subtleties in their voices. Although I haven't seen all episodes this initial season (seems that my PVR didn't record many of them due to air-date scheduling changes), I do plan to buy the blue-ray so that I can watch them when I have time, without commercials.

I'm afraid though, that much like Boston Legal and other cleverly written shows, this one may not last as long as expected. I have suggested to some of my associates that they take a look - and unanimously, they say that it was a hard show to simply jump into mid-season and it sounds like they won't become fans of the show even though they all remarked how well it was filmed.

I suggest to the producers that they should strive to do two things - 1) re-run the first season as a marathon (say, every weekday at 9pm over a few weeks this summer) so that many that missed this 1st season can see the show and get captured by the power of the writing, and 2) price the season 1 blu-ray disk set at $10... get as many of these blu-ray sets out through retail before Season 2 launches - in this way, a broad audience will firmly form... assuming the top quality writing, acting, sound recording, and photography standards are maintained, this audience will become one of the most loyal any network can achieve in these media-competitive times. Revenge could then become a rare asset to the network.
  59. Jun 21, 2012
    The show is clever and interesting, full of twists and turns that no viewer could predict. If the second season is as great as the first, we're in for a treat. The acting is impeccable and every detail from costumes to scenery alludes the viewer to be deeply immersed in the world if Revenge
  60. Jul 16, 2012
    Love this show! I was thrilled when the show was confirmed for a second season. Hopefully there will be many seasons to come to see what Emily Thorne has up here sleeve.
  61. Jul 19, 2012
    i absolutley love this show end off.
    it has such a good story line that i think it appeals to all the family, and i really love the actors, if im honest
  62. Aug 24, 2012
    This show is just ok for me. At times it can seem really slow and boring. Some of the acting is laughable especially the actor who plays nolan. What really bothers me is the fake ocean backgrounds. Isn't this show filmed in CA? Honestly they couldn't find an actual beach to film at?! Come on! I only watch this show because I wanted to start another series on hulu. Ill try to keep watching until the end of the season and hope that Emily can kick some much needed ass! Expand
  63. Sep 18, 2012
    I ran out of things to watch on Netflix so I reluctantly clicked "Revenge" not expecting anything special. I ended up watching the first season in two days. It was the best soap opera type drama I've ever watched. The plotting was brilliant. Out of the few new shows I've watched from last season it was by far the best. Yes, it isn't "Damages", but for what it is, a "Dallas" or "Dynasty" for this generation, it's leagues above those two icons. I can't wait for the new season... Expand
  64. Nov 5, 2012
    Absolutely mind-blowing. I've been stuck on it ever since I watched the pilot, and every week brings about a another round of questions and thoughts. I love how everything is so unexpected, and I really hope this show will last for a long time to come. Emily Van Camp is absolutely amazing too (:
  65. Jan 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First, this show is nothing like The Count of Monte Cristo. But what we can easily detect about the real "surprise" plot - it is just way too obvious if you read between the loose lines - is that Nolan Ross is the person seeking revenge. He has set up every one of his moves (apparently, to get to the Initiative) and has been using Emily Thorne's survival skills to his own advantage. So now that we know the plot, there isn't much left except to know that the story just needs to keep going in the same soap opera direction with Nolan weaving his way deeper into the Initiative's bowels (or he may be the leader of the Initiative - that can be decided two minutes before the show's end) with a few reversals tossed in here and there all leading up to the supposed surprise reveal. And, let me guess, it will be revealed that one other character (not Emily) has been working along with him. Probably a male lover. Expand
  66. Oct 2, 2013
    It is one of the best series on tv right now! With a great cast, plot and script, this show never fails to disappoint. Loads of drama and lots of action. After every episode you are left with many unanswered questions which really make you want to watch more of REVENGE. This tv show is sure to be a big hit....its one of my favorites now!
  67. Oct 29, 2013
    One of the best shows ever.
    Though it was so sloww at the beginning, it's finally so interestng, with good twists -but not so surprising.
    I love how they manage to gather every characters which come from different universes.
    It's brilliant!

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    Revenge is too juicy to write off as junk. It's got strong performances, from actors who don't condescend to their flamboyant dialogue.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 14, 2011
    The arrival of one pure and unadulterated drama about a passion as old as man is something to celebrate. That's particularly true when that drama is as spellbinding in its satisfyingly gaudy way, as Revenge turns out to be.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Sep 22, 2011
    Revenge might sound enjoyably soapy in the abstract, but its execution is problematic.