• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.3

1. Sep 21, 2011
    So far this show seems promising. The dialogue may be a bit corny and forced at times, but the actors have portrayed their characters very well. The scenery and the directing is absolutely gorgeous. If the story can develop well and be interesting, I think this show will be one heck of a ride.
  2. Sep 25, 2011
    I was skeptical about the show at first, but after finally giving in and watching the premiere, I was pleasantly surprised. It was well written and thought out and the actors really brought life to the characters.
  3. Oct 12, 2011
    Revenge is a great modern take on a classical tale of court intrigue. Unlike many TV shows revenge does not fall into endless side plots, secondary character back stories, or cheesy romances; Revenge sticks to its title, everything that happens is somehow connected to the intricate conspiracy. The main character of Amanda (a.k.a. "Emily") is a great, complex character. Though her past hasRevenge is a great modern take on a classical tale of court intrigue. Unlike many TV shows revenge does not fall into endless side plots, secondary character back stories, or cheesy romances; Revenge sticks to its title, everything that happens is somehow connected to the intricate conspiracy. The main character of Amanda (a.k.a. "Emily") is a great, complex character. Though her past has been destroyed and she spent many years in psych wards and juvenile detention facilities, she has returned, strong, smart, cunning, and bent on revenge. Unlike a lot of characters seeking revenge she doesn't go straight to violence, but makes complex plans to utterly destroy her targets. She is half super-villain, half Mossad agent. Expand
  4. Sep 22, 2011
    It's certainly promising, but it has too be careful and not take itself too seriously, it's never going to be a great drama, more of a guilty pleasure. I'm not sure how long they'll be able to stretch the storyline out for, what happens when they get up to the engagement party, obviously they will have something planned, but I can't see it lasting more than a season. It has the potentialIt's certainly promising, but it has too be careful and not take itself too seriously, it's never going to be a great drama, more of a guilty pleasure. I'm not sure how long they'll be able to stretch the storyline out for, what happens when they get up to the engagement party, obviously they will have something planned, but I can't see it lasting more than a season. It has the potential to be a very enjoyable season though. Expand
  5. Sep 21, 2011
    i love this show, so creaive, suspensful and emily vancamp is gorgious in her role.the characters are amazing and the story must be saw ! follow Revenge !!!!
  6. Oct 29, 2011
    The show started out a little bumpy but it has turned into one of the fall's most promising shows. It turned from a guiltu pleasure to plain pleasure.
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    I am Absolutely in Love with this show!! I count the days until the each next episode comes on! The actress who plays Emily is Awesome as is the rest of the cast. I love the plot its drama & even comedy at times. I really hope it gets picked up for a second season althought I'm not sure if Emily will have anyone else to destroy by then.
  8. Sep 24, 2011
    I like it ! its good ! amazing story , Acting and the characters are the best thing in this show ! can go on really long time ! but only Emily VanCamp seems a bit low to me but hope she will catch up !
  9. Oct 15, 2011
    Love it! Emily VanCamp is awesome in her role, even though I prefer her in a "lighter" role. The actress really has embraced the more sinister side of her character and I find it believable. I love the intrigue and mystery the show brings and the cast to back that up. I agree with some of the previous reviews that the theme/concept of the show is pretty fresh. I also agree that it is hardLove it! Emily VanCamp is awesome in her role, even though I prefer her in a "lighter" role. The actress really has embraced the more sinister side of her character and I find it believable. I love the intrigue and mystery the show brings and the cast to back that up. I agree with some of the previous reviews that the theme/concept of the show is pretty fresh. I also agree that it is hard to see how this would extend into multiple seasons. Nevertheless, it is here now and I will enjoy it while it is. Truly a good show and cast. Collapse
  10. Dec 14, 2011
    Though Homeland is probably the best new show this season by normal standards, Revenge is definitely my favorite new show this season. It may not be something critics will praise, but if you like semi-campy soapy TV, Revenge is the cream of the crop. It is as though someone put a lot of time and effort into crafting a well-written soap. Those two things are rarely found in the sameThough Homeland is probably the best new show this season by normal standards, Revenge is definitely my favorite new show this season. It may not be something critics will praise, but if you like semi-campy soapy TV, Revenge is the cream of the crop. It is as though someone put a lot of time and effort into crafting a well-written soap. Those two things are rarely found in the same television show, but Revenge pulls it off flawlessly. Highly recommended. Expand
  11. Apr 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ABC's new show is great. It's got a big potential to accomplish. The acting - great, the plot - twisted, tense, amazing, and the writing is "subtle". The show is a guilty pleasure, filled with twist, a great tool to relax and enjoy the revenge that Emily makes upon her targets. Despite the fact that it's drama, it is sometimes funny. Madeleine Stowe acts just great, and Emily Van Camp is so suitable for her role as Emily Thorne. For me, it's like a drug. I'm very satisfied with it and I can't wait for the next episodes. ABC's got the lucky strike and mustn't stop doing this show, not that it's planning to. Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    Best new show on TV! Every episode gets you more and more intrigued in its characters and in the story. Stowe and VanCamp are amazing! Wends nights do not come fast enough for me. REVENGE!!!!
  13. Sep 23, 2011
    The story and setup are interesting. The characters bring their emotions front and center. If it continues at this pace, it can be one of those shows that everyone will be talking about. ABC needs to somehow keep this one alive. WHATEVER. IT. TAKES.
  14. Sep 26, 2011
    The best new show of the season! (it's absured that my review must be 150 characters when 32 characters says exactly what I want...............................)
  15. Sep 22, 2011
    Enjoyed the first episode and will keep watching... Do me a favor ABC, don''t cancel this one early - would like to see the story play out. If this turns out to be a one to two season show, that's fine, so long as you get through the telling....
  16. Nov 16, 2011
    The best show on tv! Revenge only gets better and better with each episode that airs. Emily VanCamp plays Emily/Amanda with so much depth and Stowe is makes us love to hate Victoria. Revenge is a must watch for any TV fan!
  17. Sep 29, 2011
    My new guilty pleasure. Emily Van Camp at her finest with a killer script that keeps you on your toes. This is quickly becoming my favorite new fall show.
  18. Oct 10, 2011
    At first glance, "Revenge" may have seemed to be a simple, frothy work made for a 10 pm time slot. I had definitely planned on checking it out, but I was not expecting to get sucked into all of its intricate plot twists and intertwined character backgrounds. The show is as rich and entertaining as the Hampton elitists portrayed by Revenge's talented cast. Frothy? Yes. But the show hasAt first glance, "Revenge" may have seemed to be a simple, frothy work made for a 10 pm time slot. I had definitely planned on checking it out, but I was not expecting to get sucked into all of its intricate plot twists and intertwined character backgrounds. The show is as rich and entertaining as the Hampton elitists portrayed by Revenge's talented cast. Frothy? Yes. But the show has substance, too; it can be just as deadly serious as it is playfully fun. Each week I await the next new episode, and I can already deem this my favorite new show of the 2011 Fall tv season. Expand
  19. Oct 20, 2011
    Revenge isn't an original concept (its based on The Count of Monte Cristo) but its a well built little show with a decent premise, a likeable cast that clicks with the audience and a great misunderstood villain in Madeleine Stowe. The only true shame of the show is that Emily Vancamp is so thoroughly boring as Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke). A great new show, just a shame about the choice of lead.
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I LOVE this show. Slightly implausible, but it doesn't matter. It's decadent fun: danger, romance & intrigue nestled in a lavish setting surrounded by a gorgeous and skilled acting team. I've adored Ms. VanCamp since the debut of "Everwood" and she gives us an Emily/Amanda that I almost hate to adore and root for, but I do. She has such brilliant subtlety in her delivery...her character is layered deliciously. Ms. Stowe is pure icy perfection. Her (Queen) Victoria's commanding presence could shatter most anything and anyone. NIck Wechsler is so wonderful....strong, gentle, compassionate, warm and to-die-for! Joshua Bowman is a new face to me. He is JFK, Jr. and I feel so badly for him (so far,) in exactly the same way I felt for McDreamy in the film, "Sweet Home, Alabama." If Emily changes her mind and sticks with him, it'll be ok. Daniel is a good guy, all-in-all, it seems...having turned his life around for the time being. Gabriel Mann is a hoot and Connor Paolo is so interesting, different and adorable. I was so thrilled to see Christa B. Allen as part of this cast. Our awkward 13-year-old has blossomed beautifully!! The plot is actually moving faster than I anticipated...I figured it would be a full season before anyone came close to figuring out who Ms. Thorne really is. I eagerly await this show each week and excited to try to figure out where our Hamptonites are headed. I guess I'm also a fan of Mike Kelley. I loved "Swingtown," too and look where that sadly ended up. "Revenge" will be around a lot longer, I hope. I see a lot of employees in that Grayson Industries photo. Expand
  21. Nov 17, 2011
    Amazing show that just keeps on getting better and better, the acting is good, characters are multi dimensional, writing is clever, direction, cinematagraphy, etc are all top notch.
  22. Nov 18, 2011
    Everyone should give this show a chance! I was so surprised by the quality, it started out as a guilty pleasure that I was unsure of but with each episode I watched it kept on getting better and better. Along with Homeland, Once Upon a Time and American Horror story its the best TV drama of the year!
  23. Oct 3, 2011
    One of the few shows that seem very well thought out & written. Sometimes I think shows are planned week to week, but this one feels different & unpredictable. I have no clue how the story line can go past a season or two, but will be pleased to see how everything unfolds. Best show I have seen in a LONG TIME!!
  24. Sep 22, 2011
    Best new show of the season! Emily VanCamp and Madeleine Stowe doing a great job! I hope that this will be a hit show. All characters are well written and great story to go on for several seasons.
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    I cannot even begin to describe how good this show is! I reccommend it to everyone, this is the break out series of the year. Revenge is addicting, its good fun, it has great acting and a chilling story! Revenge is best served cold or in this case on ABC Wend at 10!
  26. Dec 18, 2011
    The best new show of 2011. Emily VanCamp does an AMAZING job playing Emily Thorne (Amanda Clarke). She can make little micro-expressions in her face which, lets face it, not many actors and actresses can do. Each episode gets you more drawn into the series' characters and wanting to know what happens next. The show is really well written and the entire cast is really talented.
  27. Dec 27, 2011
    I think this is the best new show of the season! Madeleine Stowe does an amazing job of playing Victoria and I find the character of Nolan really interesting. I hope they go more into depth in his character. My favorite character is of course Amanda Clarke (Emily VanCamp). The show is written perfectly and the entire cast should be proud.
  28. Jul 12, 2012
    At first, I liked Revenge. A lot. I mean, I thought it was one of the best shows of the season for the first couple episodes. But it turns out that Revenge is only really amazing when Emily VanCamp's Amanda Clarke is ACTUALLY getting revenge. Quickly, the tone shifts to a soapy show about her love life. I quit 11 episodes in.
  29. Sep 27, 2011
    One of the best new pilots of the season. Strong story, great acting, a protagonist who you can root for. Loads of drama, plenty of action, well written characters with depth. A mystery that will have you tuning in. This one is a recipe for success. ABC did good work here!
  30. nbc
    Jan 8, 2012
    Revenge is absolutely addicting. The two standout actors of the show are Emily VanCamp as Emily Thorne and Margarita Levieva as Amanda Clark. The perfect word to describe this show? Juicy.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    Revenge is too juicy to write off as junk. It's got strong performances, from actors who don't condescend to their flamboyant dialogue.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 14, 2011
    The arrival of one pure and unadulterated drama about a passion as old as man is something to celebrate. That's particularly true when that drama is as spellbinding in its satisfyingly gaudy way, as Revenge turns out to be.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Sep 22, 2011
    Revenge might sound enjoyably soapy in the abstract, but its execution is problematic.