• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.9

1. Oct 17, 2013
    A lot of people don't understand that this TV Show is not about the science fiction it has. I know the acting of some cast is bad but no one has the right to bash the series down unless they've seen the season finale of Season 1. Good Lord. This show has it all. The struggles, the fight scenes, the gore, the love-and-hate characters, and the fan base. No one likes Charlie nor Tracy Spiridakos but all the fans keep coming back. If you don't watch it with full attention, you are not part of this show's journey. You'd rather not watch it at all. Expand
  2. Sep 26, 2013
    I was hoping they would cancel that show. But it even gets worse this season. Bad acting, unbelievably stupid science, totally boring stories. I can barely think of any worse show currently on tv.
  3. Nov 28, 2013
    We originally started watching the show just for something different. We instantly got hooked. Of course sometimes the acting is a bit much, but once you get used to the characters, they grow on you. We love to see each episode just to see what direction they will go.
  4. Nov 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season One was a fairly simple storyline about the fate of the world. Now, its a complex storyline about individuals. I could cope with the overall bad acting and the little too many plot twists and holes when the story was bigger than the characters. With this new angle it's too much effort to suspend my disbelief.
    I'd rather they had closed the entire show with season one finale leading to the whole planet being nuked.
  5. Oct 20, 2013
    Revolution reinvented itself going into season 2: storylines are much more coherent, annoying characters (looking at you, Charlie) are much more likable, while the Patriots (this season's "big bad") are compelling villains. The producers clearly heard the endless bashing of season 1 and it shocked me how much things have improved. This is the kind of turnaround that Fringe had, and I'm really hoping this last beyond season 2. Expand
  6. Nov 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. (Edited)
    This show has some of the best production values on network TV. The second season storyline is current and relevant since it touches on blind patriotism and the morality of atheism. Having said that, I'm not sure the producers realize that people have a certain degree of tolerance for bad decision-making from protagonists and that they crossed the line in the Nov. 20 episode (Everyone Says I Love You).

Three of the main characters walk into the enemy HQ. All the enemy soldiers who have been trying to kill them and have tortured their friends are unconscious. Yet they walk by them, leaving them armed instead of putting a bullet on each only to have them predictably wake up and restart their pursuit (keeping the father of one of them imprisoned, as far as she knows). I realize that killing off a lot of the enemy is dramatically problematic, but it's even worse to have stupid protagonists in a drama about the dangers of science and fanaticism.

The main characters have never been as smart as their backgrounds would suggest they should be, particularly Rachel and Aaron. But, one would expect at least some level of strategic capacity from a former general and a former defense contractor.

This show used to be a 7-8. Now it's a 5.
  7. Oct 1, 2013
    Revolution has gotten much better since last season already. It seems to finally have a direct path and if it can stay on point and keep going with this new direction it may be able to redeem itself. All it needs is a more assertive storyline.
  8. Oct 21, 2013
    This show has totally reversed since last season. It seems to have much more time and devotion put in by the cast this time it is worth a second chance. I give it a 10 because as of 2013, this show may be my favorite.
  9. Jan 12, 2014
    I was getting a little bored with season 1. It didn't seem like a post apocalyptic world with all the electricity and everything. I got back into it towards the end of the season. I'd give season one a 7/10. Come season 2 it seems like a whole new show, and it is amazing. The characters are great, especially Monroe this season. I think the bombs making way for the Patriots is exactly what this show needed. Absolutely marvelous this season. 10/10 Expand
  10. Feb 27, 2014
    Absoluely absurd not worth the time watching storyline irrelavent and drags on......i was hoping the nukes did not hit atlanta and phildephia and they could start from there of course more blood shed death and sadness.......really we already have that in real life.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Sep 25, 2013
    Revolution is too convoluted for its own good. Streamlining would have been a better option for a show being thrown to the Wednesday wolves.