Revolution : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2012
Season #: 1, 2
5.8

1. Feb 28, 2016
    An interesting premise but after the intriguing start it rapidly becomes stale and repetitive, not to mention annoyingly fixated on unbelievable and tedious relationships.

I think it fails as both adult AND teen drama as it tries to appeal to a wider demographic and doesn't succeed IMHO. For a better speculative fiction alternative, try 'Colony' or 'The 100' (both starring some of the actors in 'Revolution' btw)...
  2. Mar 17, 2015
    The acting, terrible. The story line started good now it's all over the place. The puns, terrible. The script, terrible. The accents, terrible. I'm solely watching this because, it is laugh worthy. Ohh, and try not get confused with the characters because, they all look alike. All the good reviews were totally bought. There's no way anyone is that stupid to miss any of the above issues.
  3. Feb 26, 2015
    Well, JJ Abrams does not **** into gold. But far worse is here: He can make gold into **** On Lost came JJ, towards the end, with blue eye thereof. But -Revolution- begins badly. The idea is good! But here everything fails. Very hectic and superficial and often unreliable. Then there are too many Walnut Grove-Ingalls family-parts (meaning -> is the eternal vale of tears). I hate theseWell, JJ Abrams does not **** into gold. But far worse is here: He can make gold into **** On Lost came JJ, towards the end, with blue eye thereof. But -Revolution- begins badly. The idea is good! But here everything fails. Very hectic and superficial and often unreliable. Then there are too many Walnut Grove-Ingalls family-parts (meaning -> is the eternal vale of tears). I hate these wide-eyed and completely exaggerated facial expressions. Is this so you know, here is cheap feeling to be created where content is missing. The story also loses more and more in depth. And even developed extremely ridiculous, approximately from the 10th episode. This truck was driven extensively against the wall! Expand
  4. Nov 30, 2014
    It's how the poster says, just one of this very bad moron sci-fi s**t like Falling Skies, Terra Nova or Defiance.
    A good example how stupid people think a apocalypse would be.
  5. Oct 11, 2014
    I was really excited to see this show. I loved the concept of technology going out, because we are so dependent on technology now. It would make everyone mad, but I wish they showed us a little of how people ended up killing themselves over the lack of technology before skipping ahead 15 years. I also wish the acting was better. The characters are really not relatable at all, either. Sure,I was really excited to see this show. I loved the concept of technology going out, because we are so dependent on technology now. It would make everyone mad, but I wish they showed us a little of how people ended up killing themselves over the lack of technology before skipping ahead 15 years. I also wish the acting was better. The characters are really not relatable at all, either. Sure, that one guy has asthma, but that is just a lame attempt to make him relatable. I love conspiracy sci fi shows, but this one was just too horrible. I am writing this review after only having watched half of the first episode. It was so bad, i had to stop watching. I'm going to try watching a few more, but I would NOT recommend this show Expand
  6. Jun 4, 2014
    The concept is intriguing. The execution is dreadful. Now a lot of folks get hung up on "engines should still work" (gasoline engines need spark plugs to run), but in fact the consistency in this "high concept" area is one of the best parts of the show. Sadly, very little attention was paid to any other details of setting or internal consistency. Worse, Tracy Spiridakos absolutely ruinsThe concept is intriguing. The execution is dreadful. Now a lot of folks get hung up on "engines should still work" (gasoline engines need spark plugs to run), but in fact the consistency in this "high concept" area is one of the best parts of the show. Sadly, very little attention was paid to any other details of setting or internal consistency. Worse, Tracy Spiridakos absolutely ruins every scene she is in. When she's not providing incongrous comic relief with her all-purpose constipated brow furrow, she destroys any vestige of tension or drama with her vapid smirk. I want to scream at her through the screen, You're standing on a landmine seconds away from death! Wipe that smile off your face! What is wrong with you!?!?! Expand
  7. Jan 6, 2014
    I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic drama, the dire version of things, like Battlestar Galactica, where humanity is holding on by a very thin thread and unlikely to survive. I love the concept of throwing away all that we know and seeing how the dice will land, something which I guessed Revolution would revolve around. In fact, the initial premise -that all electrical things stop working adI'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic drama, the dire version of things, like Battlestar Galactica, where humanity is holding on by a very thin thread and unlikely to survive. I love the concept of throwing away all that we know and seeing how the dice will land, something which I guessed Revolution would revolve around. In fact, the initial premise -that all electrical things stop working ad infinitum- is one I've asked myself quite frequently. A mighty and consistent solar flare that renders all electrical equipment unusable, or an alien technology that unpowers any electrical current.

As a thinker though, the concept is hugely flawed by pure logic. If everything electronic stops, so do we. Firstly, our neural reactions will dull, the sinoatrial node around the heart will stop receiving and sending signals regarding heartbeat, and well, you get the idea. We'll die too.

But let's for arguments sake believe this contrived idea that "physics went insane" and believe that cars, aeroplanes, computers and all other things made by man (until that point) stop working. Let's even push the insane button on our make-believe plot and believe that it's not about the electricity or even the mechanical value that causes something to stop working. Hell, I'm really gonna push the barrier here and say that, because it's man-made, it doesn't work. Because let's face it, we have fire, but no steam engines (among other things). So perhaps it's in the metal we use?

AS far as I can push my imagination, there is no answer to this ridiculous premise. The mere fact that they can use guns debunks the entire idea that an engine can't work. It's an entirely broken concept and that's what the whole series is based on. Let's face it, no one tuned into this show for a riveting tale of curious plots of love and intrigue. We wanted to see how the premise could exist, how it would unfold, and how people who survived would adapt. An entire series based on a flawed concept cannot sustain much intrigue (or viewership) and I think this show will fall faster than those unpowered planes in the first few minutes (probably the most fun in the whole series).

Other than the clear problem with the premise, the understanding of post-apocalypse is very wanting. Clean clothes, beautiful skin, no sense of survival and fighting, terrible props (the town looks like something out of a bad rpg) and one-dimensional acting Though, give the actors some credit, there's really not much for them to work with here. And then there's the writing. I only have a few key words which guided their terrible script: Mechanical and electric gone; Pretty girl; swashbuckling uncle; stupid people; propaganda. It's just TERRIBLE all-round.

If I have one word of advice regarding this show: don't waste your valuable electricity (and time) watching it.
  8. Jan 5, 2014
    Rubbish at almost every level: appalling writing, photography, direction, and acting. There is no serious attempt to deal with the prospect of a "powerless" world. It's just a hook on which to hang entirely predictable plot moves and unbelievably dreary dialog. The main character is a boring, self-righteous, fool with no redeeming features. Boring and foolish, together with whollyRubbish at almost every level: appalling writing, photography, direction, and acting. There is no serious attempt to deal with the prospect of a "powerless" world. It's just a hook on which to hang entirely predictable plot moves and unbelievably dreary dialog. The main character is a boring, self-righteous, fool with no redeeming features. Boring and foolish, together with wholly unbelievable applies to almost all of the characters and the entire show, with the honorable exception of the bloke from Breaking Bad who brings some intensity to his role. Save time, save energy, save yourself: this is a Revolution that should not be televised. Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    Starts off with promise, but dreadfully drawn out with unbelievably repeated confrontations between main rival characters (one of which would have killed the other on the second confrontation). Childish flaws in the most obvious of scenarios. I am not even going to talk about all the technology springing to life after being idle for yrs (it wouldnt). Endless sword fights, because there isStarts off with promise, but dreadfully drawn out with unbelievably repeated confrontations between main rival characters (one of which would have killed the other on the second confrontation). Childish flaws in the most obvious of scenarios. I am not even going to talk about all the technology springing to life after being idle for yrs (it wouldnt). Endless sword fights, because there is no ammo (when was electricity required to make munitions?)
    The writers of this are hopelessly inept.
    The actors, bless em, have put a good effort into what has turned into the most boring repetitive sci-fi show in a long time and they deserve better parts in future for keeping professionally to contract and not jumping ship.
    i have watched 22 episodes of this electricless soap, and remain uncharged.
    Utter RUBBISH! 2 out of 10.
    And the reviewer who said this was better than Falling Skies must be smoking dried magic mushrooms.
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    I tuned in to Ep 1 with high hopes but couldn't endure more than 1/2 hr.
    Two women with spandex cleavage traversing the countryside filled with marauding bandits. A critical shortage of food and water but not of Eddie Bauer outerwear and hair conditioner.
    And words, blah, blah blah... a post-apocalyptic world would be one of action, not incessant blither. I can buy that for some
    I tuned in to Ep 1 with high hopes but couldn't endure more than 1/2 hr.

I can buy that for some reason the unit charge of the electron as a universal constant suddenly changed, but this?
  11. Oct 17, 2013
    Characters were very annoying and forced, and the story line was pretty terrible. It felt like a B-movie smeared over a long period of time and it was a massive anti-climax when compared to what the adverts seemed to promise.
  12. Oct 17, 2013
    It's difficult to hate this series, but it was so disappointing. I loved the idea, but it just wasn't done justice.

As has been said before in these reviews, maybe our expectations were too high. I rented the series1 on blue ray and watched all 800+ minutes over 5 days. It sagged seriously In the middle and I almost gave up, then it picked up a bit, so I persevered. It was close though, I almost canned it.

The most annoying thing was the believeability, the actors don't age, the injuries are either life threatening too easily and they die or they shrug off serious injuries with apparent ease. The middle roaming episodes got very boring band arrives somewhere, walks unprepared into a fortress and defeats the baddies" again and again and again.

The sets all started to look the same. I started playing the "Oh that was the hospital in the episode three, now it's a lab" game.

One episode they are trapped in a huge network of underground tunnels and "the lack of oxygen" gives them
    plot flashbacks and physical manifestations...oh puleeez... Very lame, lazy writing.

One other reviewer mentioned the fact that they overused the family are held hostige to force them to do something. Completely agree. The other was that everyone seems to get tied to a chair in an empty room and punched in the face, there are surely more imaginative ways. Really... Every time?

The mom has been a prisoner of a psychopath for 7 years and talks about "what you did to me" but looks like she has spent a month at a spa. Also her annoying pout twitch did my head in.

All in all, its like Fastfood, I was hungry, I ate it, I now regret it... I won't be tuning in to S2 even if Charlie gets her kit off.
  13. Oct 6, 2013
    one of the stupidest shows on TV right now. first off the acting is absolutely horrible and most of the characters are extremely annoying. second the concept is retarded for a tv show and its obvious these people had no idea what they were doing.
  14. Oct 3, 2013
    Revolution: Evolving Backwards

Revolution: Evolving Backwards

It's obvious now that discerning viewers have been spoiled (and not a little surprised) by good television Drama writing in the last decade or so. It's like the Medium finally grew up and the enlightened realized that characters could be deeply explored; that complex plots could be provided with rich episodic exposition; that with good direction and scripts, personal histories and inference could explain hidden, subtle or conflicting motivations; that nuanced development, realistic propositions and believable protaganists framed within the "classic movie” framework, armed with huge multiples of fixed-time, could be raised to an art form.

With dramas such as The Wire, Six Feet Under, Breaking Bad, Band of Brothers, The Sopranos, Mad Men and even the Walking Dead and a handful of others raising the standard of storytelling, television is able to finally surpass the advantage of huge budgets in major feature films primarily by virtue of excellent writing alone. With viewers investing seasons and years into the "lives" of their favourite characters it's now obvious that when television is good, it can be really, really Good. But, there are always and, it seems, as seldom as not, imitators to those thrones, blatant knock-offs aplenty.

There are also the plain lazy. Bad writing and directing efforts, entire productions that "kind of get" the salient highlights of those inspirational pack leaders, but miss the point of exceptional TV entirely. Entirely.

This series Revolution reflects the Golden Age of Television. It really does. When drama writers and directors only had to fill a screen for 45 minutes of mindless, directionless, abstract action to attract advertisers. This series certainly must have looked good on paper once as a loose idea maybe. Not the way the actual script turned out...

Look: Apocalypse without those fusty, messy and unpredictable Undead beheaded to litter the landscape with, so comparatively low on the special effects bottom line. No questionable, nasty killings like those grubby, greedy gangsters trying to make a dirty buck. No heavy morality plays or transformation of characters to confound or unsettle the viewer, just Good or Evil writ large complete with mock SS uniforms. No clever art production to fuss over just find locations in states of decay, disrepair or neglect. Not too hard to find in the USA these days at all.

The Golden Age of TV was when there were simply no other options. Any plot hole, crap production value, inconsistencies, impossibly invincible heroes, rank stereo-typing and cliche was what viewers expected, generally got and rare was the exception indeed. No other options. Maybe as far back as before renting VHS tapes. Those days before surfing YouTube for sure and aside from Star Trek or The Twilight Zone it was all pretty…lacking and unimaginative. Yet people still watched even worse TV. Until certain groundbreaking series and whether that was Star Trek, The Twilight Zone, it’s just what TV was, in it’s Golden Age.

Revolution takes those same liberties. Big ones that glare like a cathode ray...

- The USA has been seemingly reduced to the size of Rhode Island as characters seem to traverse distances in hours.
    - It’s easy to find somebody in Chicago just walk onto the set.
    - Principals in t-shirts with no regard to weather or colder nights. A human can die of exposure at temperatures as high as 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Each has a smallish backpack supposedly containing: food, water, extra clothing, tools, explosives, wiring, fuses, shaving toiletries, hair and beauty products, blankets, utensils, etc.
    - Mature characters have not gained weight, scarred or added a wrinkle in 15 years. They look exactly the same as present day. One is still even morbidly obese after 15 years of foraging, “hunting” or eating canned food. His beard is the same length now, as is his and everyone else's hair. Most male characters that aren’t clean shaven merely have 5 o’clock shadows illustrating "duress and hardship".
    - Every character seemingly has a convenient hostage interest.
    - Each character is a stereotype. Either gloating, obvious Evil or a Good person with a conflicted, sketchy back story.
    - Acting is deplorable, sets are random, premise seemed interesting but proves ridiculous, characters flip flop and have questionable motives, explosions, art direction is virtually non-existent...

Oh forget it. I could go on and on with this series, I guess I’ll just be lazy too. Everyone seems to be running around in circles all the time or just making the same speeches every time they’re on camera. So little done with so much, every time one thinks or looks. For the viewer as well as the actors.

But you know, if this really was a Golden Age production there would be no blood at all. Which would seem quite appropriate for such a confused and bloodless series. I’m giving it 2/10 because I’m watching it as a Comedy and that’s just golden to me
  15. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Miles gets taken and tied up by Monroe gets taken and tied up by Both escape and kill (number of their captors). Fill in the blanks, and you've got any given episode of Revolution. Expand
  16. Aug 24, 2013
    The first episode was predictable and slow, It didn't grab you by the throat, but it was a good idea, maybe for a different time, good try NBC. As for entertainment goes, it was not there. Just something, about it, made it dull. I see here it's not worth watching more.
  17. Jul 13, 2013
    Poor execution of an interesting premise. I love sci-fi and dystopia, so thought this one would be a safe bet. The show starts with some promise, but wooden acting, awful dialog and increasingly unbelievable characterisation and plot lines make this one to miss.
  18. May 21, 2013
    This is just another example of crap network TV. I will give them credit for at least trying a show that is not another COP show that has the same story and result every episode OR another piece of junk reality show. BUT thats where I will end my positive comments. How the hell do these people look so damn clean without having power and running water. None of the main characters willThis is just another example of crap network TV. I will give them credit for at least trying a show that is not another COP show that has the same story and result every episode OR another piece of junk reality show. BUT thats where I will end my positive comments. How the hell do these people look so damn clean without having power and running water. None of the main characters will ever be killed. Everything is so damn predictable. I really think cable channels are the last place to go for real entertaining TV series. Shows like LOST just wont happen anymore. Thank god for HBO, Showtime, AMC, FX etc. NETWORK TV IS DONE. Expand
  19. May 19, 2013
    This show deserves but two words: Boring and uninspired. If you watched the first 2 episodes, end your experience there... it gets so stupid and boring after the pilot, worse than any other show I have ever seen.

Heres a glimpse of a scene in revolution: Two guys sword fighting going after each others throats. Eventually, one of them losses their sword! Oh my! Then, the guy with the sword holds it up to his enemy's neck and tells him why he is going to kill him. Then, the guy in trouble steals the sword and holds it to his enemy's neck and tells him he is going to kill him. Eventually they both get their swords back and go for each others throats again... So instead of just killing each other, they just basically dance with swords.

Save yourself... This show is utterly and completely pointless.
  20. May 8, 2013
    Stunningly bad, considering Eric Kripke is at the helm. I don't have the words to describe how poorly written Revolution is. And the acting? Burke and Esposito are doing what they can with terrible material, but Spiridakos is like a robot an annoying little pouting robot. I gave it most of a season before weighing in, to see if it found itself along the way. But it is as bad as everStunningly bad, considering Eric Kripke is at the helm. I don't have the words to describe how poorly written Revolution is. And the acting? Burke and Esposito are doing what they can with terrible material, but Spiridakos is like a robot an annoying little pouting robot. I gave it most of a season before weighing in, to see if it found itself along the way. But it is as bad as ever sixteen episodes in. What a shame. I really wanted to like this show. Expand
  21. May 4, 2013
    One of the terrible TV series lead actress is so mediocre and make her self look like a zombie.Effects and fights are so primitive. Also so the story is lame.
  22. Apr 29, 2013
    Really wanted to like this show, but I can't. Bad acting and awful dialog is a bad combination. Add in some fairly generically cheesy action scenes and the whole thing is painful to watch. I guess since the lead has really pretty eyes we are supposed to forgive the drivel coming out of her mouth?

Everyone in this show looks like they just stepped out of a mail order catalog. How is that possible if there is no power and no modern machinery? In 15 years not one person got a rip or tear in a piece of clothing? Nobody had a hole in their shoes? Ever? Not one person is wearing anything that looks home made.

Where did all the swords come from? Blacksmithing is a fairly rare profession in 21st century America. Someone managed to setup a forge and make beautiful swords? Where is the steel coming from? Who is teaching all these people to fight with swords? Swords were always the weapon of the aristocracy. They are expensive and difficult to make, and learning to fight with one takes a lot of time and effort. Spears and makeshift pole-arms would be much more common weapons. They are much easier to make, and much, much, much easier to learn to defend yourself with.

Even if there is no electricity why are there no internal combustion engines? Ok, gasoline is a problem in the long term, but if 99+% of the devices using gasoline are out of commission the existing supply should last a little while. There are plenty of pieces lying around that someone should be able to cobble together a few working automobiles for any community.

Even if you are going to wave your magic plot-device wand and say internal combustion engines don't work for some reason, you want me to believe not one person has managed to build a working steam engine? A boiler and some moving parts is somehow rendered impossible by whatever catastrophe happened?

Too many problems with this show, and not one thing I can think of to keep me watching. Sad effort by everyone involved.
  23. Apr 25, 2013
    I naively hoped for something reminiscent of a Joss Whedon romp. Instead I got watered down cliches delivered by a heroine with a limited range of facial expressions: Determined and angry, determined and frightened, determined and plucky. I gave it three episodes before I couldn't stomach the twaddle anymore. I should have known it would be bad just from the preview clip of ourI naively hoped for something reminiscent of a Joss Whedon romp. Instead I got watered down cliches delivered by a heroine with a limited range of facial expressions: Determined and angry, determined and frightened, determined and plucky. I gave it three episodes before I couldn't stomach the twaddle anymore. I should have known it would be bad just from the preview clip of our not-so-fascinating heroine whining "Because we're family!" Family safe, maybe. If your granny and your eight year-old church-going precious need something to watch, this show is probably it. For the rest of us, best to go on hoping Joss Whedon gets another series soon. Expand
  24. Apr 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. La idea posapocaliptica esta trillada hoy por hoy, si a esto sumamos guiones flojos si es que no improvisan) decorados inexistentes siempre en el bosque) y malas actuaciones ,con actores que no transmiten en absoluto la desesperacion que deberia significar vivir al filo de la navaja entre mercenarios y bandidos nos encontramos con la peor serie creada en el ultimo año. Vestuario de zara en un mundo que por 15 años no ha tenido electricidad, acompañados de espadas al estilo epoca feudal,,,,,
    En fin HORRIBLE
  25. Apr 17, 2013
    I am in the uk and have been watching this series on sky, I was looking forward to this excellent story idea !
    but i couldn't believe how terrible the realisation is. The acting, plot, dialogue and characters are amateur and bewildering this is drivel better to listen to a podcast with a dystopian theme.
  26. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. “The show started out amazing. Technology is gone, refrigerators, computers, cars with onboard computers, etc. The typical EM pulse effect. ------------

Then the show featured other technology not working, like anything without an integrated circuit such as just about any car before the mid sixties (roughly), older tube radios, and so on.----------

You figure out before the enormous break in programming between December and March that the whole crisis was manmade. What would affect things not normally taken out by a EM pulse, or maintain that effect I and many others I talked to were growing more and more curious. Not so much a scientific "Hmmm" but more of a "Ok, there had better be a good explanation for this!" And even in the story the computer geek even alludes to how the older technology SHOULD be working.----------

So in the meantime mankind spend their time civil war re-enacting. No seriously! The American taxpayer (and other countries) have spent trillions to stockpile the support for a military support for several hundred thousand soldiers, but apparently warehouses and warehouses full of military surplus is nothing compared to Civil War era tents and equipment.--------

Of course semi-automatic weapons are seen to be available. Even a Helicopter that they later get working. Some have theorized giving the soldiers black powder guns is to keep some of the better tech from falling into rebellion hands. That is plausible.--------

They got a train working. That was cool. In that episode they also showed a working printing press. To matter the fact they show a working town, and at the end of the train ride, a working train station. Later we see a family in a comfy house with candles. If they had really thought about it they would have had music playing on a record player that was purely mechanical.--------

And this part of the story I'm good with. LIFE WOULD GO ON WITHOUT ELECTRICITY. Peocomplain about new clothes, about the people looking like they are bathed but I believe fifteen years later commerce would resume. All we would need to do is go into a library (written published books on paper) and there is enormous information on how to do everyday life activities without electricity. Soap can be easily made, and textiles and sewing machines operated on steam or hand crank for a lot longer than they have with electricity.--------

And here is another thing, government collapsing is the wishful thinking of those that are deeply in debt. "Oh life sucks, but when the zombie apocalypse happens..." Not that simple. I saw the attitude at Y2K, and other times since. What do I believe? Government would find a way to operate. One thing is for sure, just like in colonial times they would start with the capital and work to get information out from there. Might take a while to get lines of communication open from the east to west coast, but it would happen.--------

What did we have before electricity and computers? Paper and manual typewriters. Would telegraph be tool complex in this crisis? Don't know. Failing that, pony express? Train? We have a railway system that feeds all of America and I know other countries have that as well.--------

The whole concept of no ships continuing commerce across the Atlantic is a crock. More ships could be built. There are plenty of blueprints on how to build sailing ships. Again, life would go on. You would have commerce, you would have business, and people trying to make a buck in whatever currency existed.-------

As you can see, I am fascinated by this show, but only gave this show a three? Yeh, sadly, I got tired of seeing the heroes LOOSE EVERY EPISODE. Billy Burk was the main saving throw in the Twilight Movies for me, and he is in this series as well. He knows what to do. The other characters counters what he knows he has to do, and I hate to say they have rarely been right.-------

With every episode I would say to my wife with less and less enthusiasm "let's see how the heroes loose tonight."-------

Then the show had their final episode in December. The bad guys, despite Burk's character ideas and every objection, got the medallion that negates the "B.S. Anti-Tech/Anti-Intelligence field". But we were given flashes that the good guys build this power too. But if both factions have the same power, aren't they back to where they were before? And the heroes were not doing too well before.-------

However, as a consolation prize, the brother was rescued.-------

Actually never mind, they came back in March, and the brother is killed. And the possible romantic interest for the blond also killed. AND SO THE HEROES CONTINUE TO LOOSE.-------

Ugg... and that is where my wife and I got off this train.--------

Someday I will do what I always do when I am curious about a movie or show but don't care to watch it. I'll read the spoilers on the internet later.
  27. Apr 6, 2013
    The idea of the show had a great deal of promise. However after watching 2 and a half excruciatingly embarrassing episodes, I've had to turn off as it is so, so bad. Terrible acting, woeful script, unbelievably poor storyline and to top it off mushy patriotic US of A sentiment thrown in! How does absolute tosh like this ever get the funding to see the light of day? It's totally beyond me!The idea of the show had a great deal of promise. However after watching 2 and a half excruciatingly embarrassing episodes, I've had to turn off as it is so, so bad. Terrible acting, woeful script, unbelievably poor storyline and to top it off mushy patriotic US of A sentiment thrown in! How does absolute tosh like this ever get the funding to see the light of day? It's totally beyond me! Avoid, it's absolute drivel of the highest order!!!!! Expand
  28. Mar 30, 2013
    So much wasted potential!!! God awful acting, mediocre script and irritatingly melodramatic soundtrack. Don't waste your time on this one folks, total and utter let down.
  29. Jan 16, 2013
    The whole premise of this show is a joke. The idea is interesting, but the premise of the "lights going out" is just stupid. You could tell from the previews this was a stinker. Crossbows? really? No ammo around for guns? Crossbows are so readily available too. No power and all the stars look freshly showered and dressed. They must live near a mall eh? There are alternate powerThe whole premise of this show is a joke. The idea is interesting, but the premise of the "lights going out" is just stupid. You could tell from the previews this was a stinker. Crossbows? really? No ammo around for guns? Crossbows are so readily available too. No power and all the stars look freshly showered and dressed. They must live near a mall eh? There are alternate power sources like generators, solar, wind, hydro, etc. Are people too stupid to figure this out? Now they should have done something like this where a solar storm knocked out all the power on earth or an EMP maybe....but I'm not suspending my disbelief for crap like this. Expand
  30. Jan 9, 2013
    Just as I started thinking episode 1 was going to be a great show then it happened. In walks the leader of some army unit pulls up with the good old african american leader. Anybody ever notice how tv shows movies and even commercials always have him as the boss or the general or manager, etc?
    Sorry but if all help broke lose there would be no such authority in this circumstance.
    Any
    Any way, I will not be watching this show.

1. Reviewed by: David Hiltbrand
    Sep 24, 2012
    Revolution had better worry about generating some voltage of its own. The pilot was excellent, but where does it go from here?
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Sep 21, 2012
    This is well-produced, but it could just as well be Mission:Colonial. [1 Oct 2012, p.38]
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Sep 18, 2012
    On the bright side, no one is in danger of having to watch this inert action show.