• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
5.7

1. Sep 27, 2012
    Acting needs to improve but there's too much talent working on this show for it not to be good. I'm predicting it'll become a solid show by episode five.
  2. Mar 11, 2013
    Revolution is a really an under rated show, it's one of the best shows there is. J.J. Abrams is one of best producers for Science fiction shows in the world.
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    The comeback of the show was great and the episodes are getting better and bloodier, I think the show needs another great tv actor to attracts more viewers.Idea is fantastic and i just hope the show will be with us at least a few more years!
  4. Jun 5, 2013
    I Generally think this show is brilliant.

Great idea & much more to come.

1 main point is that it is a very open idea for a show which may lead to all sorts of outcomes.

Graphics of this show are amazing aswell
  5. Oct 7, 2013
    Great show, great characters, many twists. I am not a big science-fiction fan but Revolution is enough to keep me interested week to week. Yes, it isn't perfect, but it's sci-fi so not everything is going to be cohesive with reality.
  6. Oct 17, 2013
    Revolution is a cross-breed of two of my most favorite series: Nikita and The Walking Dead. Screw all those scientific disapprovals others have about the settings. You don't watch Revolution because you care about the science, you watch it because you care about how the fates of the characters will turn out and how they deal their lives in a post-apocalyptic setup.
  7. Dec 22, 2013
    Great TV series, lots of action and suspense. Love the story line and can't wait to see more. It's a movie for great minds and actors could be prettier but all in all it's an amazing tv series.
  8. Oct 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The show started out kind of slow but after the 3rd episode it is really really good. Last nights episode one of the characters dies and I actually shed a tear it was so well acted. Expand
  9. Nov 3, 2012
    Although many people are claiming that the apocalypse scenario of the electronics collapsing and physics going insane are the problem with the show, I feel that this gives the show a cohesive plot line with the mystery of the problem. If everything was laid out in front of you at the beginning of the show there would be no incentive to delve deeper into the story that it offers. However, a few of the actors fall short of the adequate amount of acting actually required to make me like their characters, with the notable exceptions of Esposito of Breaking Bad fame and Burke's leading role after Twilight, many of the actors are newcomers and therefore a slight transition into the characters is to be expected. While not on the standard of shows such as Homeland, Mad Men or Breaking Bad, it's still a light hearted action romp created by the guys that brought you Alias, Lost and Supernatural. If you're going into the show expecting another Downton Abbey you'll be sorely disappointed, but as far as a television show goes, Revolution is good to sit down and switch off once a week and let the story wash over you. Too much time spent deconstructing the story itself may ruin the fun, but the mystery of the power outage and the main character's quests to discover this will be shared by millions of viewers world wide. Expand
  10. Nov 30, 2012
    It's not the most intriguing pilot of the history, but Revolution bring good action, adventure and interesting elements of sci-fi. If you like this things that is your show, J.J. Abrams and Erik Kripke build whole new world without energy and control by milicias, definitely deserves a chance to have your attention.
  11. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really like this show and am a bit surprised by all of the negativity I'm seeing in these comments. I'm a sucker for dystopian-type stories, though, so maybe my overall excitement for a dystopian TV show allows me to overlook plot inconsistencies, not the greatest but definitely not the worst acting, etc. Also, I watched Lost and that show was had enough confusing plot lines and unanswered questions to write a full-length book (and someone probably has, I'd wager). Anyway, if you're into dystopian settings and can overlook some inconsistencies to see the overarching story (the forest through the trees kind of deal), then I think Revolution is worth taking a good look at. I know I'll be tuning in each week and hopefully for a while longer! Though, I have to say (HERE COMES THE SPOILER), I wish they hadn't killed Danny. That didn't seem entirely necessary to me. Though I guess Rachel (aka Juliet, one of my favorite Losties) needed to dig whatever that device was out of his stomach..... Expand
  12. Jun 11, 2013
    I honestly, really don't know what to do with this show. They keep hitting us with plot twists and MIND-BLOWING storylines that make you yell out "Oh My God that did not just happen" at each ending of a weekly episode. It's storyline is rich, it's pinch of sense of humor is a charm, and I believe the acting could be better by Elizabeth, Tracy, Zak. Well because you never get through a scene without seeing Elizabeth crying. You never get through a scene where Zak doesn't have that "what on earth is going on?" look. And Tracy is just so ambitious which is one day going to make her fans hate her, however I really praise Billy Burke. Hands down, best NEW show of the season. Expand
  13. May 27, 2013
    Great story line, show, and characters. It brings happiness to an otherwise dreadful Monday. It's a great action show and a show that NBC was in need of.
  14. Sep 17, 2013
    i have watched every episode and can't wait until season 2. this show has really captured my attention! Eric Kripke keep up the good work and go on like NCIS.
  15. Oct 24, 2013
    This I will admit almost lost me during the first few episodes, but the second half of the season was incredibly strong with tension, much more believable relationships between the actors, and a finale which tied up loose strings whilst blowing the show's concept wide open for future seasons. Elizabeth Mitchell is always watchable, and the others grew into their roles. The latter half reminded me a little of the earlier seasons of Lost which in its earlier seasons I loved. Expand
  16. Sep 17, 2012
    I loved the pilot to this, So I will be watching more episodes. The pilot was great full of action, The actors reminded me of Hunger Games actors they were a little more coll then I thought they would be, meaning they weren't cheesy or anything like that. It was Revolution meets Lost, meets , The Book Of Eli, type action and backround or environment . Don't believe the bad reviews for this one and I do hope to see more Revolution. Expand
  17. Sep 26, 2012
    The premise isn't very original. It doesn't hold a candle to the apocalyptic show The Walking Dead but it definitely beats out Falling Skies. Overall, this show as the potential to be something great. Let's hope they don't screw it up.
  18. Oct 4, 2012
    Reminds me a bit of Jericho, which was also slow to start, had iffy acting at first, but I wound up loving. I'm going to give this a few more weeks (currently 3 eps only) and see where it goes. Lots of potential and I'm interested to see how they bring things together and still hopefully keep the action elements in there.
  19. Sep 17, 2012
    Just watched the pilot episode for REVOLUTION: its intriguing, and there's certainly plenty of potential for the show: we'll just have to see where the writers and producers take it.
  20. Sep 17, 2012
    The best new show since "Touch". Revolution is a great post apocalyptic show that is almost as good as "The Walking Dead". Anyone and everyone who loves to see some violence, see some plot twists, see some action, and see a very good show should catch Revolution.
  21. Dec 4, 2012
    An interesting idea for a good scifi tv series. To start I can't believe how stupid some of these critics are, yes there are some inconsistencies, but very few season 1's i've seen have been consistent (for example Stargate SG-1 tv). Engines work because of something called a spark plug (for those too stupid to understand basic physics; sparkplugs generate a spark...which is a form of electricity), it would take a while before the Chaos of a seemingly apocalypse calmed down enough for people to actually build a replacement of that technology, which is demonstrated later, with a train. (and most people wouldn't be able to build even a basic steam engine) Swords are pretty easy to make, and quite a few people in America own them, I'd expect most living humans in the TV series to have one at this point. The pendants do seem to magically power devices, most of which contain batteries, some sort of generator, or a potential power circuit (the computer). I see a lack of creativity on this site's critics, people in dire need of 'suspension of belief.' From what I observe in the world, 70% (likely greater) of people are pretty stupid, so stupid characters seem believable to me.

The acting is mixed between good, and decent. I've seen some pretty bad acting, take a look at youtube and you'll understand. (this is coming from someone who refuses to watch shows with terrible acting)
  22. May 21, 2013
    Overall the show is solid. Many of the criticisms regarding the main cast are harsh but not completely unfounded. Often times it takes the cast more than one season do develop the strong onscreen chemistry, like The X-Files. Points lost for the useless story line that centered around Danny and because I feel the writers pushed toward getting the power back too early in the story line. It leads me to believe that they did not have faith in the show beyond 1 season. Expand
  23. Apr 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok i have read many many many of the reviews that people have posted and i want you to think about this, you compare a gun to an engine, most engines are more than just simply controlled explosions unless you are talking about the first initial style of engines like steam, which if you would watch more than 1 or 2 episodes you would see they use and obviously work, they are not so simple. Modern day engines have computers controlling every function carefully regulating the impute and output and that aside you still need to generate a spark, and your battery gives you that initial spark and alternator keeps the power flowing without that you have nothing. Now look at a gun there is NOTHING electronic in it, a bullet contains a primer powder and bullet as simply as can be put, all guns operate on the same premise a hammer strikes a firing pin that strikes the primer and that ignites the powder. Nothing electronic at all.

As for the one militia controlling the entire united states, yet again if you would watch more than one episode you would see that there are many militias and the Monroe militia is only controlling part of the country.

"Physics went mad" that was not an explanation this was someone who didnt understand what went wrong and was trying to put some meaning to it. The more of the show you watch the more is revealed.

So please before you try and bash a show think about what you are saying and if you gave it a fair shake, one episode maybe two not enough shows have to develop, things that are said at the start that may not make sense to you, but later on you understand, without these plot developments there would be no buildup and without buildup and actual conflict and resolutions you cannot have a functioning form of entertainment
  24. Apr 24, 2013
    One of the most gripping American TV shows in Britain. But I really struggle with the characters, due to the shifts in different character plots. But overall the show is brilliant. Definitely worth watching.
  25. Jun 6, 2013
    Keep watching--it gets much better.

The first half of the season for this initially promising-sounding series was, in a word, terrible. It basically had two modes--maudlin or implausible. I almost gave up on it many times, but there were hints of something lurking under all the melodrama and triteness that kept me hanging on, hoping.

Then... after the mid-season hiatus, it finally
    started to get its legs. It took a while--they had to kill off some characters, retool the story arc, start to concentrate on the more interesting elements while reducing the eye rolling silliness (not all gone yet, sadly, but getting there).

With the last 5 or 6 episodes its started to realize some of its potential. It's been pared down to a very violent, action packed dystopian science fiction drama that, yeah, still can't quite get past relying on silly things to move the plot along. But the bones are there--an America carved into warring territories using 19th century tech, mysterious nano-bots, rail guns, power pendents, secret military bases. And happily, a finale that implies they're switching things up--alliances have shifted, goals have changed, and a nice WTF moment at the tail end. It should be very interesting to see where it goes.

I'm glad I held on.

PS Neville's comment to Monroe about me fall off my chair. I took that as a sign the writers are having fun and getting comfortable with the characters and material. I'm hopeful that means things will only get better.
  26. Jun 14, 2013
    A good show overall. The first 10 episodes are pretty average, but the last 10 episodes are really great and much much better than the first half.
    And with the second season being confirmed, I would highly advise to see it.
  27. Oct 10, 2013
    Revolution is an action/adventure/survival show with a great premise. The power has been stolen from the world. Journey with a cast of likeable and strong characters as they fight to discover why and fix the problem. Aspects of the show that make it great television, are the fantastic movie worthy fight sequences, the original and clever science fiction elements, and lots of espionage and betrayal. You don't need zombies to do a post apocalyptic show right. Expand
  28. Mar 9, 2014
    Very enjoyable show that combines civi war era tech with a post apocalyptic setting. Great exploration into human dependence on technology and the power it unleashes. Full of witty one liners and rich setting. Took a few episodes for characters to settle in but is currently definitely a show worth watching.
  29. Sep 17, 2012
    The plot potential is there. Unfortunately the acting and overall nuances are a little less Lost and a little more Terra Nova. But hey, it's a pilot... and this show can potentially be what we Lost lover's have been waiting to see again.
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    Me and my friends really enjoy this show! It is a fast paced action oriented show that will keep me interested in a tv show until walking dead and game of thrones. The whole physics went insane thing isn't quite true, it seems just anything that depended upon electronics or computer functions failed. This includes cars with electric starters and airplanes, phones, TVs et cetera. Very interesting to see how modern society would crumble without the mainstays we depend upon. I like the characters and the action, and it has potential. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Hiltbrand
    Sep 24, 2012
    Revolution had better worry about generating some voltage of its own. The pilot was excellent, but where does it go from here?
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Sep 21, 2012
    This is well-produced, but it could just as well be Mission:Colonial. [1 Oct 2012, p.38]
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Sep 18, 2012
    On the bright side, no one is in danger of having to watch this inert action show.