- Starring: Ludacris, Josh Groban, Kesha
- Summary: Based on an Israeli show, the singing competition show hosted by Josh Groban allows viewers to vote live via an app as the contestant sings. Groban, Kesha, Ludacris, and Brad Paisley will offer feedback and represent only seven percent of the votes.
- Genre(s): Reality, Game Show, Events & Specials, Music
- Season 1 premiere date: Jun 22, 2014
- Episode Length: 120
- Air Time: 09:00 PM
- More Details and Credits »
Jul 6, 2014Such a clever gimmick....wasted. App voting is unique and curious, but the other elements of 'Rising Star' are anything but. Brad PaisleySuch a clever gimmick....wasted. App voting is unique and curious, but the other elements of 'Rising Star' are anything but. Brad Paisley looks bored much of the time and he consistently votes opposite his fellow judges. Ke$ha might as well be cracking bubble gum and twirling her hair, as nothing she says sounds intelligent or professional....or interesting. If Ludacris had his way, the shows name would be changed to Rising Ludacris....he goes out of his way to be overly animated when pushing his vote button and then boring when he talks. He wants to be the bad guy and that affects his vote, I'm sure. There is absolutely no genuine aspect of this show. Groups and duos are black listed, with only solo acts making it through. Josh Groban is ok, but he tries a little too hard. Whoever was responsible for the judge choies, the theme song & the camera shots should be fired. Immediately.… Expand