Robin Hood : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.8

1. LouisaV.
    May 20, 2007
    I've enjoyed the series since it started. This is a show that is entertaining and is fun to watch with the whole family. It just keeps on getting better with each episode.
  2. WillKH
    Mar 7, 2007
    Witty and fun update of the old legend, but what's up with the Dolce & Gabanna costumes? Those are the best dressed peasants I've ever seen! Also, lots of eye makeup on the farmer girls.
  3. LaurenR
    May 5, 2007
    This is a great show. I like every character. Even the ones I hate. They are all wonderful to watch. Robin Hood has a wonderful smile. It is so refreshing to watch a show that is not about Cops, FBI, CIA, army guys, and doesn't show people's guts and innards.
  4. DonnaM.
    Aug 10, 2007
    My whole family absolutely loves this show....we can't wait til the new season starts......we have a 7 year old son.....and of course he loves it......and keeps checking the stores for Robin Hood figures......keep us posted....anyone know the new season's air date on BBC America....if so send us the info please.....Donna Wigginton
  5. Caroline
    Nov 4, 2007
    I love BBC Robin Hood!! It's the best Robin Hood yet! I love all the humor too. They picked the best actor to play Robin, and his side kick, and I love the sheriff. He is a great humorous bad guy, like the bad sheriff in the Kevin Costner Robin Hood movie.
  6. DebbieC
    Mar 10, 2007
    love it! about time there was some good old fun T.V. none of this medical drama pants! as usual the BBC have made a cheap and cheerful series that will test time, love Jonas as the main!
  7. tg1
    Mar 18, 2007
    great show... i really enjoy watching it!!! Jonas is great as the title role...
  8. DeannaL
    Mar 21, 2007
    Big fun!
  9. ashishn
    Mar 5, 2007
    well cast, acted, and compelling storylines...can't wait for season 2!!
  10. SarahH
    Mar 6, 2007
    This series is FUN! The casting is great and I love seeing the interplay between Robin and Maid Marian....I especially LOVE Richard Armitage as the baddie Guy of Gisbourne... I will not miss an episode!
  11. SteffS
    Apr 11, 2007
    I am loving the show esp. Jonas Armstrong. I think he is very talented and I hope he will become a big star in America!
  12. johnh
    Apr 20, 2007
    Fianlly, a fun show the entire family can watch and enjoy. American TV producers should wake up and take notice. You don't need big budgets, sex, graphic violence or vulgar language to make a show that people can watch and enjoy.
  13. KatieO
    May 28, 2007
    Absolutely awesome!! I love the guy who plays Robin Hood... Whens the next series?!
  14. PatriciaM.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Hi, This show is soooooo addicting. My husband and I cannot wait till the next Saturday to see the new episode. We have also turned our children and friends onto the show. I truly hope that it is not too very long when the new season starts. This show is very impressive and I love all the characters for different reasons. Most Sincerely, Patricia Morrow
  15. ac
    Jul 3, 2007
    This is a refreshing twist on an old tale. the cast has done an amazing job. the new characters like Djaq were an excellent idea and lead to a very interesting story. Overall i can't get enough. But where is friar tuck?
  16. LaurieG
    Jan 14, 2008
    This is one of few shows that my husband and I both love! The plots are excellent, the show features strong women as well as strong men, and they've managed to take these characters out of their former childlike/cartoonlike personas and into totally 3D and realistic people. It's fantastic, and we can't wait for season 2 to start!
  17. KaylaZ.
    Nov 29, 2007
    I got hooked on this show shortly after Saeson One has finished - I went back and re-watched all of the 13 episodes. This show has become an addiction!! I just love everything about it. Jonas Armstrong as Robin is witty, sensitive and convincing. Lucy Griffiths as Marian is strikingly beautiful and plays her part with feminine gusto and sparkle. Although I do confess a certain favouritism I got hooked on this show shortly after Saeson One has finished - I went back and re-watched all of the 13 episodes. This show has become an addiction!! I just love everything about it. Jonas Armstrong as Robin is witty, sensitive and convincing. Lucy Griffiths as Marian is strikingly beautiful and plays her part with feminine gusto and sparkle. Although I do confess a certain favouritism - Richard Armitage as Guy of Gisborne pretty much stole my heart after the first 3 episodes. His perfectly balanced portrayal of anger and deprivation, showcased through his role as Marian's second suitor, is enough to make you feel sorry for him even after he has run several people through! And you can gripe that the action looks a bit staged at times or that the consistancy with the clothing and time periods is a bit off; overall, this show is brilliant, funny and touching - well worth a watch. But I'll warn you! - you will become hooked!! Expand
    Mar 10, 2007
    I thought it was very entertaining, and the casting well done. Armstrong adds just enought biting wit to make me believe he was the honourable scoundral goody-two shoes of the time. After one ep. I look forward to more.
  19. DanB
    Mar 13, 2007
    Awsome, BBC does it again! 2 thumbs up
  20. TracyC
    Mar 14, 2007
    Never having been a huge Robin Hood fan I was shocked by how much I love this show. I love the humor and the witty comment. Great Show.
  21. debm
    Mar 16, 2007
    loved it!!!
  22. WarrenL
    Mar 9, 2007
    Initial episodes impressive, with 21st Century interpretation of old legend. Character development remains to be seen but we'll give it a chance. For now, Robin well done while Maid Marian played like snotty valley girl. Hope for improvement.
  23. ErikaA
    Apr 10, 2007
    Really like this show - especially enjoy the youthful, pranky energy and the pure sociopathy of the sheriff (he's great). Quite amazing that the firl who plays Marian is only 19.
  24. KatM
    Apr 25, 2007
    A fantastic version of a classic story. The first few episodes are a little slow, but it gets better as it goes on, and it really pics up steam in the last few eps of the season.
  25. BrittanyD
    Apr 25, 2007
    This is a great version of Robin Hood. I love it and cannot wait for more!
  26. CathyC
    Apr 7, 2007
    It's THE BEST Robin Hood EVER!! A bit modern, but big fun!! Bit romance, which is good, and great actors!
  27. AmandaC
    Apr 9, 2007
    I love this new spin on Robin Hood. It appeals to this generation. I sincerely hope there are many more seasons to come.
  28. JessicaG.
    May 31, 2007
    Immensely enjoyable. The characters are lovable. I just...love it.
  29. RachelW.
    Sep 23, 2007
    I thought this was the best ever series to come on for Saturdays!! I loved it it was really funny and had good storylines. I can't wait for season 2 to start...that reminds me i saw an ad for that just the other day!!
  30. ValentinK.
    Mar 19, 2008
    Awsome show. Charecters change, every aspect of it gets better and better. series one is a blast, series 2 just blows you away, as robin is presented with new enemies and allies altogether. full of action and humor.
  31. CtarA.
    Mar 7, 2008
    This is one of my favorite shows. The humor is refreshing, the acting is above average, the plots (to date) are varied and engaging. Although it may not be super-authentic, it does a good job of avoiding obvious historical faux-pas. With so much reality TV and crime dramas on American TV nowdays, this is a delightful alternative.
  32. JessicaS.
    Jul 1, 2008
    I absolutely love this show! I stumbled across it by chance when I was home sick one day and channel surfing. I love it, a lot. In my opinion, the acting is great, I love the action scenes, I really enjoy the chemistry between the characters and all in all, I recommend it to anybody who is remotely interested in watching it. I even shelled out $80.00 to get the first season on DVD!
  33. MorganL
    Mar 12, 2007
    Excellent for any Robin Hood fan! It is similar to the legends yet adds its own flavour. The cast suits perfectly the characters.
  34. SWeller
    Mar 19, 2007
    Well acted and a lot of fun!
  35. TaraH
    Apr 15, 2007
    I have just recently started watching this show, but it is absolutely wonderful and I can't wait until the dvd come out in a couple months so I can buy it.
  36. emmap
    May 13, 2007
    This show is great! I love the romantic issues. the actors are great not to mention the guy who plays robin hood is a total hottie!! i cant wait every week to see it at 7:00 it really makes my day!
  37. MaryhelenS.
    May 29, 2007
    I really do like this show but see room for improvement. The acting is quite good although the series started out a bit slow while the characters were trying to find their footing - especially Griffiths's Marian. Keith Allen is brilliant and not nearly as over the top as Alan Rickman's portrayal of the character. I disagree with those who have cited Armstrong as weak and found I really do like this show but see room for improvement. The acting is quite good although the series started out a bit slow while the characters were trying to find their footing - especially Griffiths's Marian. Keith Allen is brilliant and not nearly as over the top as Alan Rickman's portrayal of the character. I disagree with those who have cited Armstrong as weak and found his struggle to do the 'right thing' even when he was 'sick of' it, refreshing. I look forward to another installment of this series to see how it grows. Expand
  38. DarrenM.
    Apr 25, 2008
    Best adventure programme from BBC ever, and true to the "legend", with enough humor and quirkiness to keep it modern, without ruining it!
  39. BrandonS.
    May 17, 2008
    Definitely a very good show. It's like a modern update on shows like Hercules and Xena - action, humor, romance, drama, heroes and villains. But these days there's more emphasis on long-term story arcs and sharper characters. And Robin has that. Though there are fights, they're not gory and overly violent - they're just exciting. Definitely worth checking out.
  40. GabriellaK.
    Nov 11, 2007
    Absolutely amazing show - something for everyone.
  41. Nov 22, 2010
    If it's historical accuracy or realism you're looking for, obviously this is not the show for you. What this show has to offer is fast-paced episodes that are dramatic, poignant, action-packed, and funny, with characters you quickly come to care about and stories that pull you in. Jonas Armstrong is a memorable Robin Hood -- a quirky flawed hero who can be, by turns, noble and obnoxious,If it's historical accuracy or realism you're looking for, obviously this is not the show for you. What this show has to offer is fast-paced episodes that are dramatic, poignant, action-packed, and funny, with characters you quickly come to care about and stories that pull you in. Jonas Armstrong is a memorable Robin Hood -- a quirky flawed hero who can be, by turns, noble and obnoxious, altruistic and egotistical, kind and mean-spirited. Lucy Griffiths is a strong-willed but conflicted Marian; Richard Armitage gives a fantastic performance as Guy of Gisborne, the Sheriff's brutal henchman torn between his ambitions and his desire for redemption, and Keith Allen is an outstanding Sheriff of Nottingham -- hilarious and terrifying at the same time. Other standout characters: Robin's loyal, simple but brave and goodhearted servant/friend Much (Sam Troughton); Allan A'Dale, a con artist who joins Robin's gang after Robin saves him from hanging; and Djaq, a female Saracen slave who becomes "one of the lads." The storylines manage to rise above the predictable "robbing from the rich, giving to the poor" pattern. The action scenes in this season are often mediocre, but the character drama and the witty dialog more than make up for that. Expand
  42. Feb 20, 2013
    This is my new favorite show since the beginning you start to wonder what will happen next, and let me tell you; you will never be disappointed with the events. I am 14 years old and I don't remember the last time I cried so hard. It would be a dream to meet these actors.
  43. Jan 5, 2016
    to be honest, the acting and everything could be better, but I still come back to watch it again and again. It sort of relates to the middle east conflict going on now...

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Alynda Wheat
    For the willing, it's still a story worth hearing. [2 Mar 2007, p.64]
  2. If there is a chink to this series' armor, it is in the casting of Armstrong in the title role.
  3. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    I wish the show had a little more verisimilitude--the peasants' homes look cheap, not poor--but it's zippy mindless fun. [5 Mar 2007, p.37]