- Network: Lifetime
- Series Premiere Date: Mar 23, 2013
- Season #: 1
- Summary: Based on a true case, 21-year-old Chris Porco (Matt Barr) was accused of killing his father Peter and severely injuring his mother Joan (Lolita Davidovich) with an axe. Detective Joe Sullivan (Eric McCormack) thought he had the case solved, believing Joan had identified Chris as her attacker. However, she later denies ever doing so.… Collapse
- Genre(s): Drama, Movie/Mini-Series
- Show Type: TV Movie
- Season 1 premiere date: Mar 23, 2013
- Air Time: 12:00 AM
- More Details and Credits »
As presented, it’s moderately suspenseful but also an awfully dry, unimaginative approach to the story, with McCormack’s personality and natural sense of humor completely lost in this straightforward cop role, and Davidovich burdened by Frankenstein makeup. Barr, at least, is convincing as the ladies man with a dark streak, however familiar that might be.
By the standards of Lifetime ripped-from-the-headlines movies, almost all of which aim to reduce viewers to a gasp of horror at some despicable villain, Romeo Killer plays like a documentary.