- Starring: Nancy Travis, David Dukes, Julia Campbell
- Summary: Dr. Joyce Reardon assembles a team of paranormal talents and a gifted autistic girl to investigate an allegedly haunted mansion, known as Rose Red, built in Seattle in 1907 by oil magnate John P. Rimbauer. Can the team survive the horror that they uncover within the walls of this secretiveDr. Joyce Reardon assembles a team of paranormal talents and a gifted autistic girl to investigate an allegedly haunted mansion, known as Rose Red, built in Seattle in 1907 by oil magnate John P. Rimbauer. Can the team survive the horror that they uncover within the walls of this secretive structure? And how far will Reardon go to get the answers she seeks? This mini-series, written by Stephen King, takes you to the place that Evil calls home.… Expand
- Genre(s): Drama, Movie/Mini-Series, Science Fiction
- Show Type: Mini-Series
- Season 1 premiere date: Jan 27, 2002
- Episode Length: 240
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Jan 18, 2011This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well... maybe a lot of you didn't see this movie. Well the script was done by the perfectly known Steve King =) and... what are you expecting of him? Horror? yes Thriller? yes... supernatural stuff? YES, a really great work... could be kinda looooong but... it's really interesting how these supernatural people use their different ways to see things (supernatural of course) once they gent into this... hounted mansion... yep it problably resembles The Shining (by the same author). But with... some differences... here the horror is more evindent, not just psyco. Well... what could I tell? The photos in movement... the vintage sensation... some chlling parts also misterious like Ellen Rimbauer (when she was old) walking like a dead body with her white dress (looked like wedding dress to me or maybe just an old pijama) thru the long hallway of the mansion God-knows-where... and you lose her image into darkess... what do you think? not chillin' enough? well... the two kids... one is the boys (looks like a sailor), the girl has a really weird hand... not yet developed because of a pregnancy problem. And... dunnot even forget the moving statues... the different rooms (in fact there's one upsided down), one with mirrors all over the place... all of this weird stuff, madness everywhere... of course some ghosts... and two important things I cannot take out of my mind: one scene: the most powerful girl in the group of ''tourists'' (you can compare her to The Shining's Danny Torrance) is a little retarded or she just look like... but she can (here comes the scene) push the walls and create hallways... discovering different rooms all over the place... the house is like a jigsaw... it has been literally growing itself for years and years... more and more rooms, some of them chillin, some of them hidden... I just don't know... is like a puzzle, a mad puzzle... and the 2nd scene, well, is not just a scene... is a character... if she appears, go down on your knees and pray... you'd better pray... is Zukenna... like the baby sitter... but... a really scaring character, just the way she looks like, is kinda... well, just see it. I said too much. Masterpiece, of course, from this great talented writer, Stephen King.… Expand
Apr 16, 2013Pretty much the best haunted house movie/series ever. Excellent story, well written characters and fantastic atmosphere. My only real gripePretty much the best haunted house movie/series ever. Excellent story, well written characters and fantastic atmosphere. My only real gripe would have to be that the acting is a bit hammy at times, particularly in the first half of the movie. Julian Sands really feels out of place in this movie, not sure why.
Even with hammy acting, it's still a good movie that is worthy of the Stephen King name. Great cameo from him, by the way.… Expand
May 10, 2015Beyond horrible.
I have seen a lot of bad movies and series in my day but this one takes the cake. Drawn out story, shallow characters,Beyond horrible.
I have seen a lot of bad movies and series in my day but this one takes the cake.
Drawn out story, shallow characters, senseless plot and absolutely no payoff.
Four hours that you will never get back. If you want to watch a King mini-series watch "The Langoliers" instead. That also has its flaws but is a masterpiece in comparison.
Save yourself. Do not watch this under any circumstances.… Expand