• Network: FOX , FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2010
  • Season #: 1
6.5

1. Sep 29, 2010
    What could have been a quasi-spinoff of Arrested Development, is in actuality a comedy that is low on the laughs, and thought for that matter. Running Wilde seems incoherent and unbelievable. While reality and a great plot is not necessarily necessary for a television comedy, its laughs certainly do not make up for its huge flaws. Additionally, the choice of telling the story in a child's point of view is certainly a big mistake on the writer's behalf. This could have brought an innocent look into adult life in a humorous way, but it is not. It just seems silly and pretentious.
    Overall, Running Wilde is a bust, and Will Arnett is better off channeling his better days on Arrested Development.
  2. Sep 22, 2010
    I have only seen the first episode but I have to say that it was utterly rubbish. The level of humour is so low that one of the characters (a female environmentalist) has a daughter named "Puddle". And that's meant to be funny. Avoid this one.
  3. Sep 22, 2010
    An utter disappointment within the first five minutes. I forced myself to watch the forced jokes and low humor. I expected so much more from the creators of Arrested Development. There's really no need to give a summary. A better name would be "Running Mild."

1. Reviewed by: Jim Scott
    Running Wilde exerts so much energy setting up the jokes that they end up forced. Arnett breaks off a couple of great one-liners, but Running Wilde has a lot of work to do in order to even be a good sitcom, much less a Hall of Famer like Arrested.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The original pilot had funny moments, but also some pacing problems and dead spots-which the final version, unfortunately, if anything made worse. And a second episode that Fox just sent out is no more encouraging.
    I just wish he'd [Will Arnett] run away from this dead horse of a sitcom. [11 Oct 2010, p.38]