Satisfaction (2014) : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 17, 2014
Season #: 1, 2
6.7

1. Sep 21, 2014
    As of Sept 21, the last four shows have been droll slow boring and tedious. Too much slow shallow talking about boring things with boring energy. Zero spark. I thanked my remote, for fast forward.
    I really liked this show when it first came out, it had surprise suspense and drama going on a tight and free fall roll, then it splat, just stopped to a dull idle. I will be surprised if this show gets renewed, the script went to stale toast, with no buttah.
  2. Sep 15, 2014
    Poor Matt Passmore. Had a perfectly good crime drama gig that got cancelled and now he's on this piece of garbage. What's up with all of the shows about cheating and all of the central characters delving so deeply into their feelings? The show is all about infidelity and the dumbass that puts up with it. It's so unrealistic as to be laughable. Pretty much nothing that happens in the storyPoor Matt Passmore. Had a perfectly good crime drama gig that got cancelled and now he's on this piece of garbage. What's up with all of the shows about cheating and all of the central characters delving so deeply into their feelings? The show is all about infidelity and the dumbass that puts up with it. It's so unrealistic as to be laughable. Pretty much nothing that happens in the story is believable. Who would put up with this? Expand
  3. Sep 9, 2014
    its a very interesting and nice show...different that what we see every night...watch it!!!there are such bad shows every day that now we have e fresh breath of air...finally...
  4. ARW
    Aug 25, 2014
    I am very disappointed in this show due to the juvenile shallow behavior of these so-called adults. I wish Hollywood would create shows with moral character. Haven't we seen enough immorality. Isn't anyone sick of it yet? Plus Neil is not even good looking. Grace is a slut. The only way they try to "fix" their problems is to fornicate as much as possible? The divorce rate in ourI am very disappointed in this show due to the juvenile shallow behavior of these so-called adults. I wish Hollywood would create shows with moral character. Haven't we seen enough immorality. Isn't anyone sick of it yet? Plus Neil is not even good looking. Grace is a slut. The only way they try to "fix" their problems is to fornicate as much as possible? The divorce rate in our country is high enough. This show encourages the breakdown of marriages at a time when our culture is trying to redefine marriage. Good grief, grow up. I'm tired of paganism and hedonism exhibited by the media. Expand
  5. Aug 23, 2014
    "Satisfaction" provides me with no satisfaction! I am no prude and enjoy all kinds of sex, including various types of foreplay. Even having engaged with the first revelation type of sex that "Neil" (played by Matt Passmore) accidentally found Grace (played by Stephanie Szostak) sexually involved in with Simon, a young for hire escort (male prostitute), I still found this scene disgusting"Satisfaction" provides me with no satisfaction! I am no prude and enjoy all kinds of sex, including various types of foreplay. Even having engaged with the first revelation type of sex that "Neil" (played by Matt Passmore) accidentally found Grace (played by Stephanie Szostak) sexually involved in with Simon, a young for hire escort (male prostitute), I still found this scene disgusting in the context of the setup for the pilot for this series.
    How Neil could not have (after recovering from the initial shock) demanded an immediate divorce is beyond my comprehension. I would have never wanted to see Grace again, ever!
    She flatly betrayed Neil with no conceivable reason, rather than discuss her dissatisfaction
    with the weaknesses of many aspects of their marriage, all, or most of which could have been easily dealt with (or, corrected, or worked out in some other manner than resorting to infidelity) between two persons who clearly could have toe love that resulted in their marriage many years earlier.
    What of their daughter? Great example!
    I am disgusted and very angered with Neil's puny initial confrontation with Simon, Who Neil should have easily beaten the crap out of, with an elementary knowledge of martial art and his strong physical build.
    Finally, except for a long string of "enjoyable dalliances", how do the producers expect to resolve the issues in this series. Is it even worth watching? There can be no reasonable "satisfactory" ending to this series, except, perhaps a weak apology between Grace and Neil.
    This is a worthless, insoluble series with weak apologies with Neil and Grace resurrecting their very highly potentially very valuable marriage, probably never regaining the previous
    quality of their relationship, or a clear divorce end.
    I would never accept Grace again, as there is no excuse whatsoever for her indiscretion! Recall that Neil never had an affair prior to Grace's foolish action.
    Only a string-along for the audience interested in the sexual intrigues of the actors will save this series for awhile.
    I am already loosing interest in the series and the plastic characters performing in it.
    There cannot be "Satisfaction" in watching all of this. Good work USA channel and producers! Hope you make lots of money (in advertising, and perhaps residuals, of course) in spite of the collapse of this series.
    Again, No, I am not satisfied!
  6. Aug 22, 2014
    I watched the next to last episode last night. What a farce! It is disjointed and goes nowhere. I have no interest in the season finale because it is obvious that it will be the same, leaving any resolution for a possible next season! Satisfaction gives me no satisfaction!
  7. Aug 13, 2014
    I really liked Matt Passmore from but The Glades, but this show started out with a bang and has gone downhill ever since. Even the male escort character who was on some other show from ABC family has got talent but the writing and directing is not there for the show to sustain it.
  8. Aug 11, 2014
    Everyone at the office is talking about this show. All the women, all the men. It has struck either a nerve, or resonated with everyone's own busy lives. Husbands taking their wives for granted. Men not wanting to talk. Women feeling that they are not appreciated, etc..
  9. Aug 4, 2014
    I'm usually not one for the bland USA network dramas but I'm not disappointed I gave Satisfaction a try. The show has an interesting premise and a very strong pilot. While the pilot can be a bit all over the place, it does have strong interesting characters. The show appears to be a lot less formulaic than other USA shows which could eventually make it one of the network's strongest shows.
  10. Aug 2, 2014
    And yet again do we have a show that makes us ask ourselves one question:
    Are we willing to buy into its unlikely premise?
    If you haven't seen the first episode, the next paragraph will contain spoilers, so watch out for the, spoiler warnings, if you don't want too much information. *** Spoiler Start *** Neil and Grace are a married couple with a daughter, him working as an
    And yet again do we have a show that makes us ask ourselves one question:
    Are we willing to buy into its unlikely premise?

spoiler warnings, if you don't want too much information.

*** Spoiler Start ***
    Neil and Grace are a married couple with a daughter, him working as an investment broker,
    her being a housewive trying to get back into a career as an architect.
    Both are not satisfied with their lives and while Neil looses his nerve and snaps on an airplane and
    in his bosses office with the risk of loosing his job, Grace calls an escort from time to time for..uhm...sex.

Neil finds out about the escort and accidentally gets hold of the guys smartphone using it to try out being
    an escort himself. The escort, of course, doesn't like this at all.
    This will turn in into a plotline involving Neil and the escort having an escalating conflict.
    *** Spoiler End **

This is the basic setup which doesn't simply have the problem that it's hard to believe,
    but has more problems, the biggest having to do with the marriage problems itself and with the character of Grace.

Firstly, we are not seeing any real marital problems. They're basically both bored because things
    aren't fresh anymore after 20 years of marriage. Who can blame them?
    Yet we don't see absolutely no effort of realising the problem, talking about it and do same
    marriage counseling, for example.
    This has, for the most part, to do with Grace. She's almost an enigma.
    We don't know anything about her except she isn't satisfied with the marriage and wants to work as an architect, and that's it.
    We get no idea what she wants from Neil and the marriage. When she interacts with Neil, she shows almost no emotions.
    The show tries to make us believe that the problem is her lack of fulfillment in a job,
    but that's BS. We know that being successful in your job doesn't lead to a happy marriage by itself.
    Additionally the show focuses on Neil being the one responsible for the problems and him trying to change.
    But Grace doesn't do anything for the relationship. She isn't willing to talk about the problems
    even when Neil asks her whether she would tell him, if she had a problem.
    Grace has a sister, so that character could be used to put in some scenes with the two talking about
    Grace's marriage, so we could understand Grace better. No such thing.
    I came to the conclusion, that this is all deliberately done by the writers to keep the unlikely plot going.
    Only as long as Grace is kind of like a black hole, emotionally, guaranteeing no progress
    in dealing with the marital problems, this show is able to keep on going.
    If you can live with that, ok, but I call this a sham.
    The show is constructed in a way that I can't simple accept the unbelievable premise and get on with it,
    but I constantly have to question the credibility of the plot and I have to swallow that premise
    over and over again.
    Again and again, I ask myself: 'Ok, they have some not very severe marital problems, but how
    does that turn into this specific plotline that is constantly on the verge of spinning out of control?
    What? A party with everybody wearing masks? What's going on here, how did we get here?'.

This show isn't bad at all, on the contrary, it's watchable.
    But I simply don't buy into it. Facing all those unlikely events happening, maybe a certain amount
    of humor would help, since the show lacks any kind of humor.
    I just think, that the unbelievable plotlines aren't matched by the heft of some real marital problems,
    making the the latter simply a lazy pretence for the former.
  11. Jul 21, 2014
    I was realy mad when they canceled Glades. One year later i was surprised to see Matt Passmore in new tv series different than Glades. First episode was full of surprises and very good intro in episodes to come. I only hope that they (producers) don't screw up the rest of the season.
  12. Jul 20, 2014
    did not think this would be good at all. was very good though can't wait for next show. It really shows what people in their late 30s - 40s are going through in life.
  13. Jul 19, 2014
    Ten minutes in my wife hated this show. I persisted. Then I became confused by an apparent lack of continuity in the action. Fired? Still working? All became clear and morphed into one of the summer season's more interesting shows. Actually thought provoking. Can it carry through as a series? No sure, but now I am certainly interested in finding out.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Jul 17, 2014
    Passmore was an engaging lead on "The Glades" and he is not bad here but the scripting of Satisfaction is leaden and unbelievable. Again, we’ve seen it before. And, at least in the premiere, there’s not enough entertainment value to see it again.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jul 17, 2014
    Provocative and sexily surprising, reminiscent at times of HBO's Hung, only more entertaining than depressing, the Trumans' story plays out with a funny-sad poignancy that rings true even when some of the details feel off.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Jul 17, 2014
    Passmore's too bland to pull off the many dynamic emotional shifts Neil goes through, and the whole thing feels shapeless, providing little idea of how the series functions going forward.