• Network: TNT

Great Acting And Plots!
    10! Perfect TV Show.. :)
  2. KenC
    Mar 17, 2009
    Disappointing! Holly Hunter is a good actress trying to push some sort of mythical envelope. I would hate to see any of the characters in this show try to deal with any criminal activity anywhere. If the Oklahoma City Police Department is anything like this bunch of oversexed, self-destructive characters then God help Oklahoma City.
  3. KerriU.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Excellent television show ... with incredible actors. It's very well done and definitely not like anything else out there. Incredible!
  4. QueenP.
    Mar 6, 2008
    Almost really really good but it just misses somehow
  5. ChristinaG.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Wonderful show! Bring on the new episodes!
  6. LindaH.
    Dec 26, 2007
    I just watched the entire season over 2-3 days (thanks to Amazon Unbox). I live in Oklahoma City, where the show is set... And I think this show is fantastic. I agree that only Holly Hunter could pull off this character. Grace's rough edges are annoying but she is true to form for some women I know in this town. The only thing that could make her more believable as an Okie chick is I just watched the entire season over 2-3 days (thanks to Amazon Unbox). I live in Oklahoma City, where the show is set... And I think this show is fantastic. I agree that only Holly Hunter could pull off this character. Grace's rough edges are annoying but she is true to form for some women I know in this town. The only thing that could make her more believable as an Okie chick is to wear a mullet. (Please, NO!) I love the metaphysical elements and Earl. I have actually had people in my office in the past year who were using plastic soda bottles for spitting tobacco juice. Gross but -- it happens! Ten stars from me for SAVING GRACE. Looking forward to Season 2! Expand
  7. CathyK
    Dec 19, 2007
    I wanted so bad to like this show because I love HH, and I will continue to watch it, but it is so shallow. The writers never take time to develop either the personal spiritual journey of Grace or the criminal cases; so as a result, both suffer. The spiritual journey is by far more interesting than the mundane crime solving storylines. And, what's up with last night's line of I wanted so bad to like this show because I love HH, and I will continue to watch it, but it is so shallow. The writers never take time to develop either the personal spiritual journey of Grace or the criminal cases; so as a result, both suffer. The spiritual journey is by far more interesting than the mundane crime solving storylines. And, what's up with last night's line of her asking a dog if he was God? Please, people, just because it's God spelled backward doesn't mean you have to be so hard up that you make it part of the script. Collapse
  8. DuaneJ.
    Nov 11, 2007
    Like the not so perfect cop that's still good at her job. The angel is funny at times and a good touch to the show.
  9. KellyS
    Sep 29, 2007
    This show hit me like a freight train! Love it....Holly just inhabits the character of Grace. I can't imagine another actress pulling it off. Grace is such a flawed person, but somehow it all works. I do agree the story lines are weak, but the interaction of characters is phenomenal. Can't wait for season 2.
  10. Linker
    Sep 25, 2007
    Still not quite sure what to make of this show. They act like Grace is a terrible person and yet, somehow, so lovable and wonderful to everyone around her. But she isn't really all that likable to me, I just don't feel any connection to somebody who is that big of a slut. And the story isn't usually interesting enough to hold my attention. At this point, Laura San Giacomo Still not quite sure what to make of this show. They act like Grace is a terrible person and yet, somehow, so lovable and wonderful to everyone around her. But she isn't really all that likable to me, I just don't feel any connection to somebody who is that big of a slut. And the story isn't usually interesting enough to hold my attention. At this point, Laura San Giacomo is the most interesting and enjoyable character in the show. Expand
  11. BettyE.
    Sep 22, 2007
    I love this show! I really relate to the character/theme and think it is well written and well acted. More!
  12. JaniceJ.
    Sep 14, 2007
    THIS SHOW IS PAINFUL TO WATCH....too much of Holly - not enough story line.
  13. CraigK
    Sep 13, 2007
    Hunter does a great job playing Grace, however Grace is not someone that I want to spend time watching.
  14. LindaG.
    Sep 8, 2007
    Love Laura SanGiacomo, and Holly Hunter, but the material is just downright awful!
  15. SeattleW.
    Sep 5, 2007
    I enjoy this show very much. There are very few shows on television I watch regularly, and this is one of them. The characters are great and Grace's story is complex and entertaining. However, the cases in each episode are disappointing. Seems each villain eventually just caves and admits guilt. I'm hooked on Grace and her family and friends. More interesting weekly storylines I enjoy this show very much. There are very few shows on television I watch regularly, and this is one of them. The characters are great and Grace's story is complex and entertaining. However, the cases in each episode are disappointing. Seems each villain eventually just caves and admits guilt. I'm hooked on Grace and her family and friends. More interesting weekly storylines are more likely to keep me watching. Expand
  16. HK
    Sep 3, 2007
    Enjoyable, irreverent, clever.
  17. PatC.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Not my favorite show this year. The closer is much better. Heartland is much better, also. There's been too much hype on this show. They said it was #1 rated cable show before it even came out. It was a big disappointments to me. Won't be watching.
  18. ScottM.
    Aug 27, 2007
    An entertainless mess of a show. A true "The Closer" wannabe! And what happened to her Face?? She's alabaster from the neck up. Forced to get a face lift just to get on tv. this show tries to hard and is utterly unbelievable. why watch a show when you can't stand the main character?
  19. VP
    Aug 20, 2007
    Follows the Law and Order formula. Has a good ol' boy angel, with too little message and too little screentime. If it is entertainment it is inconsistently written. On the one hand it uses sex to get guys' attention (except for the millions of girls who like seeing Holly Hunter naked), but instead of selling cars, we are sold a forgettable, hollow mystery "plot". It's not a Follows the Law and Order formula. Has a good ol' boy angel, with too little message and too little screentime. If it is entertainment it is inconsistently written. On the one hand it uses sex to get guys' attention (except for the millions of girls who like seeing Holly Hunter naked), but instead of selling cars, we are sold a forgettable, hollow mystery "plot". It's not a good idea to mix too much sex into a thinking story, because guys will miss the point of the story. All I can remember from the message of tonight's tale is that there is such a thing as compassion sex. So if I have a cat and it dies, and I am depressed (yep, been there) a stunningly beautiful and intelligent female coworker will have compassion sex with me. Except compassion sex won't bring my cat back to life, which is why I'm depressed in the first place. Compassion sex won't give me amnesia so I forget about the cat. Compassion sex will keep ugly guys (like the guy who did Holly) watching the show and convincing their girlfriends that compassion sex is the way to please them. Expand
  20. sandis.
    Aug 18, 2007
    When you consider the what's offered to us, John Q Public recently, i.e, reality crap, this was worth turning on to see what it was about. I have to admit, that I wasn't quite sure if I would ever watch it again. But I did, and I am glad I gave it another try. It grows on you. Call it an acquired taste. Holly Hunter certainly grabs your attention as an actress.
  21. JJJ.
    Aug 17, 2007
    The real problem with this show is that Grace works too hard to be a bada$$ - you know, it's just not believable to me. It's not that a woman can't be tough - she can - but as much as I love Holly Hunter, it just seems like both she and her character are acting on steroids.
  22. JaysonS.
    Aug 15, 2007
    Love this show! Cops and robbers with a twist of EARL!
  23. JanineW.
    Aug 12, 2007
    The show is great....I love it!!! For all the folks out there that are offended...it's just entertainment...see it for what it is. I myself can see the message in every episode.
  24. heavent.
    Aug 8, 2007
    corny, nerve.wracking
  25. TheC.
    Aug 6, 2007
    I love this show. Holly Hunter is a force of nature. The writing is excellent and successfully pulls off a premise that could be hackneyed and schlocky. The rest of the cast is good, too. The pacing is superb. I just hope they can keep it up. As for the many user critics of this show, they seem to be offended either because they are non-religious and resent the "religiosity" of the show, I love this show. Holly Hunter is a force of nature. The writing is excellent and successfully pulls off a premise that could be hackneyed and schlocky. The rest of the cast is good, too. The pacing is superb. I just hope they can keep it up. As for the many user critics of this show, they seem to be offended either because they are non-religious and resent the "religiosity" of the show, or they are Christians who are offended because it doesn't portray faith in a theologically correct way. This is sort of like criticizing the Lord of the Rings because hobbits and orcs don't really exist, or criticizing It's a Wonderful Life because it doesn't portray the correct nature of angels. C'mon people, it's just a TV show! Get over yourselves. It's entertainment, and good entertainment at that. Oh yeah, and there's swearing and drinking and sex. Oh my, that never happens with real people! I recall that Jesus hung out with prostitutes and thieves, not the Pharisees. Expand
  26. JaneK
    Aug 5, 2007
    I almost liked it enough to consider watching it again, until Earl told Grace that sex, drinking, and swearing will send her to hell. What a load of paternalistic, condescending crap. I won't be watching again. Too bad, because Holly Hunter and Laura San Giacomo are favorites.
  27. PattyC.
    Jul 31, 2007
    I absolutely LOVE the show Saving Grace!!! It is well written and the actors are great!!! Holly Hunter is PERFECT in this part! I hope it is HUGELY SUCCESSFUL and is on the air for a REALLY LONG TIME!!!
  28. JasonS
    Smut.
  29. ChrisC
    Jul 31, 2007
    I'm a native of Oklahoma, so don't expected an unbiased viewpoint. That said I was sad to see my home state reduced to cliched stereotypes. Cowboys, Indians, football fanatics, cattleranchers and rednecks -- it's true these are all in Oklahoma but the show portrayed them all as one dimensional caractures of people. Holly Hunter was the only character with any dimension.
  30. Dianne
    Jul 31, 2007
    Holly Hunter is a firebrand actress and is giving this role everything she's got. The story is intriguing without being shoved down one's throat. I'm enjoying the show very much.
  31. LelandK
    Jul 31, 2007
    Hunter is swearing, drug addicted, slutty cop who we can't root for.
  32. EvanG
    Jul 31, 2007
    Holly Hunter does a good job, but the guardian angel subplot is abysmal. The "hick angel" has been done to death, and it was only ever entertaining for the surprise factor. Now it's just painful. And the idea that you can screw up, kill a man through reckless negligence, and then have an angel come down and make it all better... it's not that easy.
  33. DebbieF
    Jul 30, 2007
    Let's save Earl and let the rest of the show continue on their chosen path. Earl.........you got a 10, but for God's sake.........you've gotta hang with a better crowd. Some things just aren't worth saving.
  34. LJ
    Jul 29, 2007
    I gave it 1 for potential...and 0 for results. Interesting how godless people see God. I bet God would laugh at this show if he/she/it wasn't already crying. (Did I cover the God thing PC enough for you all?)
  35. ZoeM
    Jul 26, 2007
    I loved this show....but then I love Holly Hunter and maybe that's a requirement for you to hang tight. I just trust her enough to follow her anywhere, and so I'm ready, willing, able, and actually excited for the next episode!
  36. td
    Jul 26, 2007
    I love Holly Hunter, but I found the opening scene pffensive and turned it off. But the most offensive thing about the show is that people think it's Christian.
  37. EllenB
    Jul 26, 2007
    If I want a sermon, I'll go to church. If I want a message, I'll go to Western Union. If I want great TV writing, with great acting to boot, I'll watch Friday Night Lights. Do the writers of this kind of dreck ever follow their own arguments to their logical conclusions? If a Guardian Angel ever appeared to me to tell me to mend my wicked ways, I'd remind him of a If I want a sermon, I'll go to church. If I want a message, I'll go to Western Union. If I want great TV writing, with great acting to boot, I'll watch Friday Night Lights. Do the writers of this kind of dreck ever follow their own arguments to their logical conclusions? If a Guardian Angel ever appeared to me to tell me to mend my wicked ways, I'd remind him of a passage in the bible that says we should be more concerned with the beam in our own eyes rather than with the mote in the eyes of our neighbor. In other words, no amount of drinking, cursing and fornication should rate even a milli-second of God's time or attention while children are dying in Darfur, while 6 million died in the Holocaust, while children go hungry to bed the world over, while global warming is threatening to end all life on this planet as we know it. In other words, we're a long, long way past where we find the idea of an angel helping a single individual worth watching. GA's ain't cute, ain't interesting and, in this day and age, ain't even relevant. TNT - gimme a break! And Holly Hunter - you should have known better than to cast your acting pearls before this very swiny schlock fest. That would be a Thumb's Down. Way down. :( Expand
  38. LynneP
    Jul 26, 2007
    I don't want sex, booze, smoking, god and a swigging alcoholic angel for my entertainment. I looked forward to this show but once was too much.
  39. SamH
    Jul 26, 2007
    Very disappointed - show seemed manic - Hunter is good, even liked the angel, don't like the story line - won't watch again
  40. DJ
    Jul 26, 2007
    If this show makes it through two seasons, I'll convert!
  41. BrendanM
    Jul 25, 2007
    This show is a wonderful mixture of harsh reality and inspiring fiction. The actors are spot on with their characters and are fully convincing. The show itself a a wonder. Inspiring, Funny, Sad, ect. all in one show.
  42. WilliamM
    Jul 25, 2007
    I would love to be positive about this show since Holly Hunter is so good and the nitty gritty atmosphere is so appealing. However, the christian religous framework is offensive for a non-christian. Is this the effect of 8 years of quasi-theocratic government. Are we required to put up with angels, gods and Jesus in the middle of our cops and robber shows? Is TNT part of the 700 Club? I would love to be positive about this show since Holly Hunter is so good and the nitty gritty atmosphere is so appealing. However, the christian religous framework is offensive for a non-christian. Is this the effect of 8 years of quasi-theocratic government. Are we required to put up with angels, gods and Jesus in the middle of our cops and robber shows? Is TNT part of the 700 Club? Maybe it will get better but I won't watch after the first show. Expand
  43. LindaN.
    Jul 25, 2007
    I did not get beyond the opening scene because it was offensive. I thought "I'm not going to watch this trash" and turned off my t.v. I had hopes that this show would be worth watching - it is not.
  44. debo
    Jul 24, 2007
    Great Show
  45. MaryW
    Jul 24, 2007
    Saving Grace has exceptional acting and production values and is much better than the average network drama. The Oklahoma City locale is a refreshing change from the usual settings of New York or LA.

1. The main reason to watch can only be Holly Hunter.... Although she's a prisoner of the material, her performance is so good that it can distract you from this otherwise simplistic take on a complex issue.
  2. It relies on intelligence and resourcefulness rather than divine providence.
    Hunter is so good that she may save this erratic show.