Scrubs : Season 8

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2001
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
8.4

1. Jul 16, 2011
    Scrubs is not just the most hilarious comedy I have ever seen. What separates it from its counterparts is its extremely emotional connection. This show is the only one that has ever made me shed a tear. This summer, I took the liberty of watching all *8* seasons of scrubs in order. At first I just started because it was one of those shows I sparsely watched when I was a little kid. But asScrubs is not just the most hilarious comedy I have ever seen. What separates it from its counterparts is its extremely emotional connection. This show is the only one that has ever made me shed a tear. This summer, I took the liberty of watching all *8* seasons of scrubs in order. At first I just started because it was one of those shows I sparsely watched when I was a little kid. But as season 1 turned to season 2 and so on, I began to adopt this show as a metaphor for life. No drama like Lost of Grey's Anatomy can ever touch so deeply into my heart. Whether it's the passing of Lavern or Mrs. Wilk, or the series finale reference of the penny from the very first episode of this show, Bill Lawrence has captivated my family in a way that nothing has ever done. The last episode left us speechless particularly. Just watching all the characters from the 8 seasons, like old interns, captain hook security guard, and Lavern, scroll through JD's memory, then in a flash they all disappear. It's just amazing. Did I mention that this show is funny? Because along with all the emotional attachment I have to these people, they are just downright the funniest actors I have ever seen. Just searching "scrubs" on youtube gets you hundreds of the most priceless moments from the show. Every character is funny. JD and Chocolate Bear greeting each other with "Eeeeaaagglllee", Elliot saying "frick" like the whitest girl on earth, and Carla just being her mature self. Not to mention Dr. Cox's constant rants, Kelso-Donnie-Muffin love, and good ol' Ted the just absolutely most pitiful human being in the planet. oh, and the Janitor's mischief. But remember when I said every character is funny? Colonel Doctor, Jordan, Jimmy the overly-touchy orderly. The depth of this show is simply outstanding. Everything characters reference in speech is something that actually happened in the past. Season 8 referred to the first season on multiple occasions. But most probably went unnoticed. Because that is the genius of the show, so many of the smartest elements of a show are exhibited without many people even noticing. There are other funny shows, yes. I love Modern Family, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Seinfeld, That 70's Show, and so on. But I have never been so compelled to watch a show like I just watched Scrubs. These shows are funny, yes, but they lack true substance, complexity, and seriousness in appropriate times. And yes, sometimes it's much better just to watch a funny show so you don't have to think too much. But Scrubs offers such realism in the face of witty humor that touches every aspect of hospital life. I'm not a doctor, but those that I know have called it the most realistic doctors show. It's drama deals with actual hospital problems. Like giving false hope to a patient, or being swamped with a series of patient misfortunes, or getting stuck with a needle full of blood from a HIV+ patient. Scrubs is the only show that I have been able to take completely seriously both in humor and in times of trouble. The actors are truly fantastic, and the writing could not be better. Call me crazy, but to just glance at this show is almost a crime. I lived this show for the past month, and it has actually changed my thinking about so many things. Am I obsessed? It'll probably wear off gradually. But the love of those characters and lessons they learn with stay with me for life. And that's something no other comedy can do. Expand
  2. veronicad.
    Jan 7, 2009
    This is the greatest. i simply love it. nothing else compares.
  3. paulw.
    Jan 7, 2009
    I am a HUGE Scrubs fan so my rating may be a little biased. While it was the funniest episode(s) ever -I love back to back new episodes- it picked it just where they left off- very funny. Let me end by saying... "May your mushrooms always be sauteed & your onions grilled."
  4. gaber
    Feb 16, 2009
    Scrubs is the best tv show on tv(I havent seen the office) but this season has been lacking in some of the areas its best at. First off, its not as funny as the other seasons. Also, there have not been any emotional episodes yet which gets me a little mad. I would think that one of the lead characters would have died by now. another problem I see is that they aren't putting turk, Scrubs is the best tv show on tv(I havent seen the office) but this season has been lacking in some of the areas its best at. First off, its not as funny as the other seasons. Also, there have not been any emotional episodes yet which gets me a little mad. I would think that one of the lead characters would have died by now. another problem I see is that they aren't putting turk, carla, j.d. and elliot together in the same episode a couple of tines. Yet this show remains my favorite. It got me to stop watching so much south park and family guy. Expand
  5. DavidA.
    Mar 24, 2009
    I have been a fan of this series for quite a while now. I have always enjoyed the witty medical humor of the episodes interspersed with JD and Turks wild antics. One thing that will no doubt draw flack from the cynics is that almost every episode has a life lesson in it. To me this is the epitome of a television sitcom: light-hearted humor, drama, and character building resolutions all in I have been a fan of this series for quite a while now. I have always enjoyed the witty medical humor of the episodes interspersed with JD and Turks wild antics. One thing that will no doubt draw flack from the cynics is that almost every episode has a life lesson in it. To me this is the epitome of a television sitcom: light-hearted humor, drama, and character building resolutions all in one. This television series also manages to effectively humanize its characters and allows the average person to find some commonality between themselves and the actors/actresses; this is something that even multi-million dollar movies can Expand
  6. AlecH
    May 2, 2009
    Scrubs is the most genius show on television. Seeing it go through its transitional phases, as it is in this season, while maintaining its character and foundations is very amazing and pleasing.
  7. JoshuaT.
    Jan 11, 2009
    One of the best episodes they've had in a while, and that's saying something. The same quirkiness that they had on NBC; I bet NBC is regretting letting this get away from them.
  8. BrennanM.
    Jan 11, 2009
    Thses 2 episodes were amazing! It was kinda a flashback to seasons 3-5, after they discovered they should be funnier, but right before they started losing their heart that made the characters so lovable. Awesome episodes, love this show, can't wait for more!
  9. TreyK.h
    Jan 7, 2009
    So far this season has remained consistent with what made us laugh and cry over all the previous seasons. The second episode of season 8 is one of the best ever.
  10. Alasdair
    Feb 2, 2009
    Scrubs is absolutely awesome and hilarious. I haven't seen these episodes yet, but they will be great. BTW, does Zach Braff have a beard there?
  11. JohnD.
    Jan 14, 2009
    This show still has its comedy - buit it's less dense and much slower. Still better than most other comedies on tv right now, but still not as good as the early seasons.
  12. Jun 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 8 is pretty much an amalgamation of what is great about Scrubs. The blend of comedy and drama is better than ever and the characters have matured enough that they know how to fix their own mistakes in the past. This season, the characters have hit the top of their game. J.D. is the top attending physician while having a better relationship with Elliot than in the past, Elliot is a highly paid Private Practice physician but still does rounds in the hospital, Dr. Cox is the new Chief of Medicine and Turk is the new Chief of Surgery while expecting another child with Carla. Thank god ABC took the show and pretty much gave us a proper ending for Scrubs. Expand
  13. Mar 31, 2011
    I enjoyed this season the most, so I guess that makes it my favorite. This is the first show I bought every season for (season 9 isn't actually Scrubs) and was the reason I kept a cable subscription for so long.
  14. sVc.
    Jan 7, 2009
    I am one of the fans who has followed through every time slot change. I have always loved the show, however, I felt that last season it was loosing some of it's great humor. When NBC decided to cancel it, I thought it was a fine decision to let it go out on top. Having watched the two new episodes, I feel the same way I did last season. It's above average, and better than most I am one of the fans who has followed through every time slot change. I have always loved the show, however, I felt that last season it was loosing some of it's great humor. When NBC decided to cancel it, I thought it was a fine decision to let it go out on top. Having watched the two new episodes, I feel the same way I did last season. It's above average, and better than most television available now...but still not nearly as good as it has been in the past. I will watch it because of that, but I honestly wish it would have ended last season. More than a few jokes in the first two episodes fell flat- and that's not normally the case with this show. Expand
  15. Nov 30, 2015
    The 8th season of Scrubs ends up being one of the better of the series because the characters are finally pushed into growing up a bit, without sacrificing the silly & approachable feel the show is popular for. Perhaps the series' best moment comes in the final episode of season 8, a sort of nod to how everything and everyone brought J.D. through 8 years. The closing moments are amongThe 8th season of Scrubs ends up being one of the better of the series because the characters are finally pushed into growing up a bit, without sacrificing the silly & approachable feel the show is popular for. Perhaps the series' best moment comes in the final episode of season 8, a sort of nod to how everything and everyone brought J.D. through 8 years. The closing moments are among the most touching Scrubs has to offer. As things wrap up, you get the feeling that this was where things could have ended... but they don't. Expand
  16. Jun 19, 2015
    Probably my favorite season. I love the new characters. I loved seeing all our favorites grow in their relationships. I loved the goodbye and end. It was perfect. I LOVE Denise (Joe). She's a top 3 character for me. My Soul on Fire is AMAZING. Funny. Sad. Heart warming. Scrubs has it all. If you don't like it, you don't have a soul... like gingers.
  17. Mar 19, 2014
    Scrubs eighth and final (season 9 doesn't count!) see's the show return to something close to its best providing a fitting finale to one of TVs funniest and most original sit-coms.
  18. Sep 4, 2011
    The show's humour had been slowly dwindling away, along with the show itself. Much of this seasons offerings weren't up to its original standards, maybe due to regular absences of various characters, something which they'd not done before. However, the season (and in my mind, series) finale was satisfying and emotional, and well-done send-off.

This year, there’s much more of the loopy, creative humor that its fans have come to know and love.
  2. The show hits the ground in midseason form after eight months and one change of venue, integrating a new crop of interns with seamless aplomb and again demonstrating how to fuse dramatic elements into a sitcom without breaking a sweat.
  3. The first two ABC episodes of Scrubs, premiering back-to-back tomorrow night, more closely resemble the series in its marvelous early seasons, and suggest that Braff's victory lap will be a memorable one.