Scrubs : Season 9

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
5.7

1. Kate
    Jan 10, 2010
    All the girls are blonde.. It gets confusing. I was confused by the explanation of why the setting was different, and felt that they're trying too hard.
  2. SidselR
    Jan 10, 2010
    It just doesn't work. The new characters are both annoying and boring at the same time and the jokes are flat and predictable. I loved the first six seasons of this show, but then it took a serious downfall into emotional sappiness and season nine just hits rock bottom. Unfortunately.
  3. KhrystyneB
    Jan 4, 2010
    I will list the problems from bugging me mist to least. And 1. J.D needs to be in it. 2. Carla, Janitor, and Ted needs to come back. 3. My main chick has got to go. 4. I don't like the whole school thing. And 5. It doesn't feel like it should be Scrubs anymore.
  4. cables
    Dec 2, 2009
    As someone who enjoyed seasons 1 through 6, this comes off as a complete disaster. Anyone remember "saved by the bell: the college years"? Braff takes annoying to a whole new level.
  5. TopherR
    Dec 2, 2009
    This wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but it should not carry the Scrubs name. If anything, it feels like an extremely watered down version of a once great show. I don't feel any identification with the new characters, and the lack of explanation for and mentioning of missing characters (Carla, Jordan, the kids, so on) makes me question if the few remaining characters This wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but it should not carry the Scrubs name. If anything, it feels like an extremely watered down version of a once great show. I don't feel any identification with the new characters, and the lack of explanation for and mentioning of missing characters (Carla, Jordan, the kids, so on) makes me question if the few remaining characters are the real thing. Were Turk and Cox cloned and sent to this new location? For a character who showed little change over 8 seasons, Cox changed way too much in just two episodes. Turk is a good character, but it doesn't seem like he'll be able to survive once J.D. is gone. The new narrator, Lucy, could be good. COULD. For this to work, we need a lot more character development and a reason to identify with her other than she's struggling. Her introduction was severely hurt by the focus still remaining on J.D. Do the right thing, ABC. Call this a spinoff, not a continuation. You'll at least make me feel better about this. Expand
  6. BeccaH
    Dec 17, 2009
    at present moment i am really not liking the new series and hate the chracter lucy i really dont find scrubs funny anymore its lost it all. i really miss the old cast. The only good bit are when we actually get to see the old cast coming together alone without the new idiots
  7. SamK
    Dec 24, 2009
    How do I begin. I loved Scrubs. Watch an episode from season 1 and you will laugh just as much as a more developed episode 6 seasons later. The characters are neurotic and while the situations are ridiculous the neurosis, reality, and lack of tv plastic looks make Scrubs so likeable. Now Season 9. These interns are ridiculous. It's as if they went to a stable of pretty boring actors How do I begin. I loved Scrubs. Watch an episode from season 1 and you will laugh just as much as a more developed episode 6 seasons later. The characters are neurotic and while the situations are ridiculous the neurosis, reality, and lack of tv plastic looks make Scrubs so likeable. Now Season 9. These interns are ridiculous. It's as if they went to a stable of pretty boring actors in LA and picked the WORST most plastic pretty young actors around. The show has become a glossed over pretty plastic hollywood version of the once quirky thriving show. It's as if these overly primped kids are trying to "play" neurotic but it just isn't believable. That mixed with the new shooting location just deflates the spirit out of the show. The new location again glosses over what the old show was. The new set is pristine, perfect, glossy, and in a nutshell--completely unrealistic. As Bill Lawrence said this is NOT the same Scrubs it is an entirely new show. Yet, the point is that even as a stand alone show it is not worth the paper it is written on. Expand
  8. Jul 25, 2011
    Was really disappointed and not in the least surprised the show got cancelled after this season. The writing (and comedy payoff) just wasn't there. You could see it not only in the new crew, some of whom weren't too bad, but in the lines from old favourite characters like Turk, Dr Cox and Kelso.
  9. Sep 4, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the original Scrubs. As far as I'm concerned, the show ended at season 8. Season 8 had the perfect ending, and it satisfied me and I'm sure many other fans of the show. This is just a perfect example of someone who cannot help but tamper with a format until it becomes a virtually unrecognisable failure. The new cast weren't promising at all, they were hollow, wannabeI'm a huge fan of the original Scrubs. As far as I'm concerned, the show ended at season 8. Season 8 had the perfect ending, and it satisfied me and I'm sure many other fans of the show. This is just a perfect example of someone who cannot help but tamper with a format until it becomes a virtually unrecognisable failure. The new cast weren't promising at all, they were hollow, wannabe Scrubs stars. And the original cast seemed like a paler version of the greatness they once had. Expand

The new season looks promising. Let's just hope these kids can sing.
  2. It works because the three regulars--Zach Braff, Donald Faison and especially John McGinley--are all over these episodes, and the four newcomers are kept in their place.
  3. It's a solid little comedy, in which Scrubs fans can recognize the spirit of the show they loved, even if it's not Scrubs at its best.