• Network: ABC , NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2001
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9
8.7

1. Mar 17, 2014
    Fresh out of medical school JD, from whose point of view most episodes are told, and best friend 'Turk' start their internship at Sacred Heart Hospital and quickly learn life isn't going to be as easy for them as they first thought.

For me very few sit-coms have hit their stride as quickly as Scrubs. Right from the pilot it is clear that there is real writing talent involved with the show and that the cast, including a number of supporting characters, have superb on-screen chemistry. Shot with a single camera and without a studio audience the show is also free to use cutaway sequences, many of which take place in the strange mind of JD, to create a show that feels truly unique.

Scrubs also had a serious side on occasions however and episodes such as 'My Old Lady', in which the residents had to deal with losing their first patients, showed that the show could be as emotionally deep and affecting as most drama series when it wanted to be.

A great debut season to one of my all-time favourite TV comedy's.
  2. Feb 2, 2014
    Scrubs is a mildly humorous comedy/drama television series. However, I didn't like the show because the characters were unlikeable, the humor was mostly offensive and its climaxes were boring and predictable. The only reason I made it all the way to the sixth season was because of the Janitor. He was everything a character in comedy series should be. He's the only reason I rate this show aScrubs is a mildly humorous comedy/drama television series. However, I didn't like the show because the characters were unlikeable, the humor was mostly offensive and its climaxes were boring and predictable. The only reason I made it all the way to the sixth season was because of the Janitor. He was everything a character in comedy series should be. He's the only reason I rate this show a two. Sadly, there was too much main cast and too little Janitor. Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2013
    a perfect balance of comedy and drama, this show is amazing. while the addition of the ninth season, i think, is unnecessary, the rest of this show is great. mainly because of J.D. and Dr. cox, who are great characters. the rest of the cast is also solid, and the plot is hilarious, serious, and sometime pretty sad.
  4. Jul 22, 2013
    Just because it's comedy in a hospital, doesn't mean it makes tasteless jokes. Scrubs knows its limits. When to be funny, and when to be serious. This is a show that you'll love. After seeing, one episode, you can't stop, nor do you want to stop.
  5. Feb 14, 2012
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first 5 seasons but they really should've just stopped there. Turk and JD are straight up hilarious sometimes but it definitely got a little old for me at season 6.
  6. Jul 2, 2011
    A solid beginning, but not nearly as entertaining as the show became when it hit it's stride. Still fairly enjoyable, but not particularly rewatchable.
  7. Jun 30, 2011
    One of the greatest shows I have ever seen on TV. It's odd yet compelling collection of characters, especially Dr. Perry Cox, who is one of the greatest written characters ever, surreal comedy and realistic portrayal of hospital life is what makes this show stand out from the rest. The first season has many of Scrub's finest episodes, particularly "My Old Lady" which completely severs theOne of the greatest shows I have ever seen on TV. It's odd yet compelling collection of characters, especially Dr. Perry Cox, who is one of the greatest written characters ever, surreal comedy and realistic portrayal of hospital life is what makes this show stand out from the rest. The first season has many of Scrub's finest episodes, particularly "My Old Lady" which completely severs the notion of Scrubs being just a comedy show, showing the emotional reality of working in a hospital or "My Occurrence" which shows the bond between a patient and a doctor. Great start to a great series. Expand
  8. Jun 14, 2011
    Sometimes I didn't really get the plot or "jokes", but overall this show is mediocre at best.
  9. nbc
    May 1, 2011
    Great show. The entire series was hilarious from start to finish! I always find myself thinking about Scrubs and what wonderful story-lines, comedy, drama, and cast it had. This review doesn't even scratch the surface of how enjoyable it was!
  10. Apr 21, 2011
    My personal favorite TV show for the first 9 seasons, the moment J.D. left the show I found it unfunny.

Has a great underlying effect on its viewer, by usually ending on a voice-over reflecting on a lesson that could be learned within the episodes main plot.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Jun 28, 2013
    Especially in the pilot, Scrubs is burdened with every gimmick that Ally McBeal and its offspring have used to simulate comedy--fantasy scenes, gratuitous sex jokes and sound effects. ... But the show also has a dry, unjaded humor.
  2. Reviewed by: Terry Kelleher
    Jun 27, 2013
    Though overequipped with distracting extras—-flashes of fantasy, slapstick sound effects—-this dark comedy definitely grows on you.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jun 14, 2013
    'Scrubs' is a TV rarity: a new sitcom with an original look and point of view, and the merciful absence of a familiar star attempting a comeback.