• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 3, 2013
  • Season #: 1
4.8

1. Oct 4, 2013
    I've always felt that Sean Hayes was a talented actor and an apparently pleasant person. Despite this show, I suspect that he may still be. What little positive I can see in this show would be greatly helped by Mr. Hayes toning down his mugging (i.e. acting). I didn't check the "spoilers" box since there is little I could say to spoil this show.
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    Sean may save the world, but who is going to save this show?

The only reason Sean Hayes did well on Will & Grace was that there were other talented and capable actors around him to carry him.

Showcased as he is in this show, he falls flat on his inability to act without hamming it up.

This show needs a lead actor who is not a caricature in the role.
  3. Oct 26, 2013
    Awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, and AWFUL! This season is meant for bad sitcoms.. I think Mom is the only sitcom working out right now but the others should just get axed off any network there possibly is.
  4. Jan 10, 2014
    I guess the will & grace money ran out...this show is absolutely horrible...there is none of the Jack Macfarland energy or creativity....He seems to be sleepwalking through it each week....he obviously misses that easy big tv money....really sad and disappointing....he was awesome in the 3 stooges movie, literally stealing the movie as Larry, which is hard to do since Larry is the least popular stooge...come on Sean...your better than this. Expand
  5. May 25, 2014
    a good comedy but it lacking humor they did it with full house and now they did it again. What a shame Grade C....................................

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 4, 2013
    It's meaningful that a gay dad with a teen daughter can be conventional--it's a just not great comedy. [14 Oct 2013, p.44]
  2. Reviewed by: Chris Tinkham
    Oct 4, 2013
    It's more of a kindhearted family show--but it does need some kind of edge.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    [Sean Hayes is] the consummate pro, with impeccable comedic timing, fluid verbal and physical dexterity--a nod to Ball’s slapstick shtick--and a tendency to let others around him share in the laughs. That’s all on display in Sean Saves the World.