• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 3, 2013
4.7

1. Oct 10, 2013
    For some believe, Sean Hayes's NBC comeback after Will & Grace ended sometime in 2003 or 2004 hasn't been getting a lot of attention about the new comedy called "Sean Saves The World." I don't know why they called "saves the world" as a TV series, but what is Sean really saving the world for? Maybe he is going to survive in the ratings, not quite since the ALCS is next week. I really likeFor some believe, Sean Hayes's NBC comeback after Will & Grace ended sometime in 2003 or 2004 hasn't been getting a lot of attention about the new comedy called "Sean Saves The World." I don't know why they called "saves the world" as a TV series, but what is Sean really saving the world for? Maybe he is going to survive in the ratings, not quite since the ALCS is next week. I really like Sean Hayes, but "Sean Saves the World" is D.O.A. Expand
  2. Nov 2, 2013
    The scenes with Sean's crazy boss are mostly pretty funny, but the rest of the show when Sean is with his family is lame, with most of the jokes falling flat.
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    It's ust a classic family comedy show like we saw like a thousand times... sometimes amusing, sometimes too much fake gay acting and quite a few cliches.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 4, 2013
    It's meaningful that a gay dad with a teen daughter can be conventional--it's a just not great comedy. [14 Oct 2013, p.44]
  2. Reviewed by: Chris Tinkham
    Oct 4, 2013
    It's more of a kindhearted family show--but it does need some kind of edge.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    [Sean Hayes is] the consummate pro, with impeccable comedic timing, fluid verbal and physical dexterity--a nod to Ball’s slapstick shtick--and a tendency to let others around him share in the laughs. That’s all on display in Sean Saves the World.