• Network: NBC
  • Season #: 1
4.8

1. Oct 5, 2013
    Great Show, very funny, love the cast and especially Elle
    Must see I can't wait till next week. Sean is such a great actor,
    Linda is a very special part of this show. All the cast has such great timing
    My favorite new show of the season
  2. Oct 4, 2013
    I've always felt that Sean Hayes was a talented actor and an apparently pleasant person. Despite this show, I suspect that he may still be. What little positive I can see in this show would be greatly helped by Mr. Hayes toning down his mugging (i.e. acting). I didn't check the "spoilers" box since there is little I could say to spoil this show.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    Week One was a little less than I was hoping for, however
    Week Two was vastly improved.
    Hang in there and continue to improve--this will be excellent for Sean and his many fans.
  4. Oct 10, 2013
    For some believe, Sean Hayes's NBC comeback after Will & Grace ended sometime in 2003 or 2004 hasn't been getting a lot of attention about the new comedy called "Sean Saves The World." I don't know why they called "saves the world" as a TV series, but what is Sean really saving the world for? Maybe he is going to survive in the ratings, not quite since the ALCS is next week. I really like Sean Hayes, but "Sean Saves the World" is D.O.A. Expand
  5. Nov 2, 2013
    The scenes with Sean's crazy boss are mostly pretty funny, but the rest of the show when Sean is with his family is lame, with most of the jokes falling flat.
  6. Oct 9, 2013
    Sean may save the world, but who is going to save this show?

The only reason Sean Hayes did well on Will & Grace was that there were other talented and capable actors around him to carry him.

Showcased as he is in this show, he falls flat on his inability to act without hamming it up.

This show needs a lead actor who is not a caricature in the role.
  7. Oct 3, 2013
    It's ust a classic family comedy show like we saw like a thousand times... sometimes amusing, sometimes too much fake gay acting and quite a few cliches.
  8. Oct 26, 2013
    Awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, and AWFUL! This season is meant for bad sitcoms.. I think Mom is the only sitcom working out right now but the others should just get axed off any network there possibly is.
  9. Oct 14, 2013
    Maybe it is because I never really watched Will and Grace, or maybe it is because I'm not that familiar with Lavin, either way I actually enjoy this show. I've seen a few episodes of Will and Grace and I'm able to completely separate Sean Hayes' characters. This newer character is much more toned down in comparison while there are still hints of Jack I don't see it nearly as much as other people do. On an already packed Thursday night I have to sift through all the mediocrity and find a show that truly shines with humor that I can both appreciate, understand, and enjoy. To me, Sean Saves the World is my 9:00pm winner. Expand
  10. Jan 10, 2014
    I guess the will & grace money ran out...this show is absolutely horrible...there is none of the Jack Macfarland energy or creativity....He seems to be sleepwalking through it each week....he obviously misses that easy big tv money....really sad and disappointing....he was awesome in the 3 stooges movie, literally stealing the movie as Larry, which is hard to do since Larry is the least popular stooge...come on Sean...your better than this. Collapse
  11. Jan 27, 2014
    I love Sean save the world. I had my doubts at the beginning but the show is growing on me as well as the character of Sean's boss. The cast is funny, the situations are funny and of course Sean Hayes is hilarious. I don't care about the critics reviews, the show should stay. It's 30 minutes of relaxing, laughing and feeling good show and I love it. I was wondering why Sean Hayes didn't have his own show. I'm happy he has it now. Expand
  12. Feb 15, 2014
    I love this show! Not crazy about the title, but the show concept is great, different from anything on TV. The Entire cast is amazing. Great to see Linda Lavin again. She looks amazing!! Sean is the best! Glad to see him back on TV. Can't wait for Season 2 of 'Sean Saves the World'.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 4, 2013
    It's meaningful that a gay dad with a teen daughter can be conventional--it's a just not great comedy. [14 Oct 2013, p.44]
  2. Reviewed by: Chris Tinkham
    Oct 4, 2013
    It's more of a kindhearted family show--but it does need some kind of edge.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    [Sean Hayes is] the consummate pro, with impeccable comedic timing, fluid verbal and physical dexterity--a nod to Ball’s slapstick shtick--and a tendency to let others around him share in the laughs. That’s all on display in Sean Saves the World.