Seinfeld : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 5, 1989
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
9.0

1. Aug 16, 2010
    Though this season was technically 4 episodes...Seinfeld is a great show. 10 out of 10 for everything. The Show about nothing means something to everyone.
  2. Aug 18, 2010
    This show is the best show ever! (That is not animated). Also their jokes are SO halarious, I needed to buy more seasons of this show!! Even the theme song is entertaining!! I need to see it more and more! Even though the show is about nothing, it means everything to everybody! A BEST SOLID 10/10!
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Funniest show I've ever seen, bar none. I can still watch the re-runs over and over. I use a phrase or analogy from the show it seems like every day at work. I think an under-appreciated aspect of this show is all the star (or at the time soon to be star) cameos. Courtney Cox, James Spader, Jane Leeves, Kathy Griffin and Teri Hatcher to name a few. Also hardly any cussing needed so canFunniest show I've ever seen, bar none. I can still watch the re-runs over and over. I use a phrase or analogy from the show it seems like every day at work. I think an under-appreciated aspect of this show is all the star (or at the time soon to be star) cameos. Courtney Cox, James Spader, Jane Leeves, Kathy Griffin and Teri Hatcher to name a few. Also hardly any cussing needed so can even watch with kids in the room without cringing too much. Most of the sexual humour while obvious was subtle at the same time. Expand
  4. May 26, 2013
    Despite the fact that Seinfeld never received a prime time slot on terrestrial UK television it is, quite rightly, regarded as one of the greatest sit-coms of all time with 76 million viewers tuning in to watch the finale in the US.

Jerry Seinfeld plays a less successful version of himself living in New York and surrounded by a group of crazy friends, each of whom truly are great comedy characters. While they are certainly funny the 16 episodes in the first two seasons certainly don't show Seinfeld at its best but season three is when 'the show about nothing' really began to hit its stride. With the foundations laid in the first two seasons, the writers and actors started to create far more consistent characters and scripts and we also start to see what made the show great, taking minimal plotlines and crafting comedy gold using some of the best sit-com characters ever seen on television.

A must see comedy show.
  5. Aug 16, 2011
    This show is absolutely the best sitcom ever made, EVER! Larry David is a mastermind, as well as Jerry Seinfeld. These two men are possibly the two funniest men alive. Their jokes are rediculously funny and satirical, as we as the viewers can relate to the situations characters such as George Costanza find themselves in, because it is about "nothing" and just extremely trivial things, thatThis show is absolutely the best sitcom ever made, EVER! Larry David is a mastermind, as well as Jerry Seinfeld. These two men are possibly the two funniest men alive. Their jokes are rediculously funny and satirical, as we as the viewers can relate to the situations characters such as George Costanza find themselves in, because it is about "nothing" and just extremely trivial things, that keep you laughing and laughing until you pass out. It is so funny because it takes everyday situations and uses characters such as George to make fun of these funny and interconnected situations of everyday life. As well as throwing in Jerry's smart jokes, Elaine's sexy personality, as well as Kramer and his classic door entrances and extremely rediculous ideas, you have yourself an excellent television show which is definitely the best show I've ever seen and will probably ever watch on television. Anyone who does not love this show should be ashamed at their lack of sense of humour. Expand
  6. Jun 4, 2012
    Seinfeld is hands down the best comedy series that ever lived. Most people would agree with me that it completely changed the way comedies were done as well as being one the funniest shows you could ever watch. Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David are geniuses! Go. Watch. This. Show. Every Episode.
  7. Jun 1, 2012
    One of the best shows of all time. Classic.
  8. Jan 17, 2014
    This show paved the way for TV. Larry David and his antics writing of this show were amazing. Did you know that Kramer is based off of Larry David's real life neighbor when he was living in the city?
    He name is Kenny Kramer and he runs a reality bus tour!
    He name is Kenny Kramer and he runs a reality bus tour!
    This shows why this show is so classic. When LD found out about this he made the episode with Kramer running the Peterman reality tour.
    Show is brilliant. Anyone who disagrees needs to have their eyelashes ripped out one by one.
  9. Dec 29, 2012
    I actually do like many of the Seinfeld episodes, but I feel the show as a whole is overrated. The first season was atrocious. And I couldn't stand the Jerry character, nor his parents. All three were so uninteresting and not amusing. Elaine and George make the show. They're both genuine and crazy (and genuinely crazy). Kramer tries way too hard, but in his own way he makes hisI actually do like many of the Seinfeld episodes, but I feel the show as a whole is overrated. The first season was atrocious. And I couldn't stand the Jerry character, nor his parents. All three were so uninteresting and not amusing. Elaine and George make the show. They're both genuine and crazy (and genuinely crazy). Kramer tries way too hard, but in his own way he makes his eccentricity convincing and usually comical. Was it a very funny show? Yes, usually. But is it deserving of 10 stars? No, I think it sits behind other great comedy sitcoms such as Friends. Expand
  10. Feb 12, 2013
    This show is a classic. The comedy keeps working perfectly even after 20 years. The impact that this show has had in the popular culture is outstanding and the characters are just memorable. Seinfeld is unique and it has never been able to replicate as it happened with Friends and the formula that a lot of shows started copying.
  11. May 2, 2013
    This is the greatest, funniest show of all time, I could (and do) watch it over and over, the more you watch it, the funnier it gets. The well established characters and side characters are a joy to watch, the intertwining story lines that often relate to past behavior is amazing.

Its probably only one generation that will appreciate this show, no mobile phones, internet or even flat screen TV's make this show seem much older than it really is.
  12. Apr 27, 2015
    Early episodes had the characters finding their feet. Funny, but not to the extent that it became. Kramer's development between here and later seasons is particularly clever.
  13. May 23, 2013
    seinfeld & friends are the best tv show i have watched, and I have watched over 60 shows
  14. Jan 7, 2015
    This is a review for seasons 1-9. I have seen 99% of the episodes at the least, and I am a huge fan. It is absurdly funny, quirky, and has a LOT of sarcasm, which is the type of humor I love. My favorite character has to be George because he is so selfish and is just an awful person, but that's what makes him so funny and Jason Alexander completely nails his role, as do the other actors. IThis is a review for seasons 1-9. I have seen 99% of the episodes at the least, and I am a huge fan. It is absurdly funny, quirky, and has a LOT of sarcasm, which is the type of humor I love. My favorite character has to be George because he is so selfish and is just an awful person, but that's what makes him so funny and Jason Alexander completely nails his role, as do the other actors. I can sum up the show in one word: Nothing! 10/10 (Masterpiece) Expand
  15. Aug 9, 2015
    5 episodes of early Seinfeld is not enough, but who's to say these were bad episodes? No, they weren't, they were very clever actually. Even though the characters are not themselves yet, I found this first season quite entertaining. But I think I do prefer every other season just because it's more "Seinfeld" than this, but still, nice.
  16. Feb 16, 2016
    The greatest television show ever created, and it's not even close. Even though 90% of their problems wouldn't exist in today's modern technology, the show is pure gold.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Feb 21, 2013
    The weakest aspect of Seinfeld is a wacky next-door neighbor played by Michael Richards. Richards is doing little more than an impersonation of Christopher Lloyd's Jim on Taxi, and he ought to cut it out.
  2. Philadelphia Inquirer
    Reviewed by: Jonathan Storm
    Feb 21, 2013
    Funny. The characters, even the hip comic star, become likable very quickly. Despite yourself, you'll be laughing before the first commercial. [31 May 1990, p.C11]
  3. Houston Chronicle