• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 8
8.2

1. Jan 9, 2012
    Probably one of the best shows on TV. All the actors are great, even the kids, and we can all easily connect with their characters. It's almost impossible not to like this show. I also love the comedy resulted by all those hard situations they have to go through.
  2. Jan 9, 2012
    I don't feel like writing much but I already watched the first episode of season 2 and I have to say it is just as brilliant as ever. I just hope Steve dies this season, the lack of him made the episode better for me.
  3. Jan 10, 2012
    Awesome show. This has William H Macy playing the best role of his career, a drunken **** father. The kids all have their own depth that makes this show so watchable. Lip is a smart kid on a tragic path. Liam is gay, and headed straight for the military. Fiona is the crafty, motherly older sister that keeps them all together. This family reminds me so much of my own.
  4. Jan 11, 2012
    This show is very well written and the actors fit their characters extremely well. this show is a real down and dirty type of show that has real life situations and puts it into a show. this is my favorite show that is a mixture of drama and comedy at some parts. although this family may by dysfunctional, there are times of real unity which makes the show even better. i can't wait for theThis show is very well written and the actors fit their characters extremely well. this show is a real down and dirty type of show that has real life situations and puts it into a show. this is my favorite show that is a mixture of drama and comedy at some parts. although this family may by dysfunctional, there are times of real unity which makes the show even better. i can't wait for the rest of the season! Expand
  5. Jan 13, 2012
    I laughed, cried, cheered, gasped, damned, and loved the first season. This Full Package is entertaining as hell! (only for open-minded and mature Adults)

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Feb 13, 2012
    The show is technically flawless--so is Macy strutting like a mangy Mick Jagger--but the Gallaghers' raucous, defiant pride never really engages me. [20 Feb 2012, p.46]
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Jan 9, 2012
    Because the bond between them is so strong, all the show's disparate pieces - the filthy comedy and the desperation, the joy and the depression - hold together just as well.
  3. Reviewed by: Luke De Smet
    Jan 9, 2012
    The second season of Showtime's aptly titled Shameless often feels less like a new season and more like a sequel, in which the major players remain the same, but the volume is amplified and the ante doubled.