Shameless (US) : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.7

1. Oct 28, 2011
    You will love this show, every character is his own world, from crazy, spaced out kids, to troublesome teenagers, to drunk and sexually twisted adults. Highly recommended, can't wait for season 2.
  2. May 4, 2011
    Shameless is both funny and touching, sometimes going over the top in both directions. It's the performances of the cast, especially Emmy Rossum and Jeremy Allen White that keeps me coming back for more. The show can be irresponsible at times, but mostly it's just a lot of fun.
  3. Feb 12, 2011
    the characters in this show are absolutely dysfunctional and hysterical. its funny how they steal breakfast every morning from this dorky truck driver and have the neighbor distract him everytime. I also love how when the father is missing, the kids all go out looking under park benches and in even in coffins in stores.hes quite the drunk that mr gallagher. thank god for this show. itthe characters in this show are absolutely dysfunctional and hysterical. its funny how they steal breakfast every morning from this dorky truck driver and have the neighbor distract him everytime. I also love how when the father is missing, the kids all go out looking under park benches and in even in coffins in stores.hes quite the drunk that mr gallagher. thank god for this show. it truly cracks me up. Oh and you cant forget about the time the family borrowed an elderly woman with alzheimerz so the father could keep getting away with cashing his great aunts checks.lol. i still cant believe shes buried in their back yard lmfao Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2011
    The Best show of the year by far.i would like to spend a year in Gallagher household and experience the hardships and toughen my character but overall improve my sense of humor.Im following...
  5. Jan 27, 2012
    Just the rebound lay I've been looking for since The Riches was robbed from us via writers strike. It looks a lot like her, but without all the weird gypsy nonsense.
  6. Sep 25, 2013
    Very entertaining series that mixes drama with funny situations. I hope to continue with many more seasons, like Shemless UK, which has 11 seasons.
    William H. Macy, plays a great performance playing the drug addict and alcoholic Frank Gallagher
  7. Jan 14, 2011
    Having never seen the UK show, and being one of the people that like the US version of the OFFICE better than the original I thought I would give this a crack. Now yes the show has some cliche points and William Macy is just a complete waste of time and the show would be much better with him not in it. I still found the show entertaining and a long way removed from the same DIY house,Having never seen the UK show, and being one of the people that like the US version of the OFFICE better than the original I thought I would give this a crack. Now yes the show has some cliche points and William Macy is just a complete waste of time and the show would be much better with him not in it. I still found the show entertaining and a long way removed from the same DIY house, weight loss, reality shows or the same CSI, crime drams 's that are flooding the net works.

The characters are a good start, the plot and subject matters interesting if you actually look at what is being said, and if you have the brain and want something different then this show will spark your interest.

Lets hope it doesnt just fall away and get cancelled like everything else that has some substance and dares to be less main stream.
  8. Jul 5, 2011
    I think that the USA shameless is diabolical. it in no way portrays the original shameless, Im interested to see how the political side of frank is shown in the USA shameless. the original frank is an amazing actor, and is a Shakespearean actor, against this guy who is playing the usa frank, their is no contest. the REAL frank is better ! the banter and what makes the dark side of theI think that the USA shameless is diabolical. it in no way portrays the original shameless, Im interested to see how the political side of frank is shown in the USA shameless. the original frank is an amazing actor, and is a Shakespearean actor, against this guy who is playing the usa frank, their is no contest. the REAL frank is better ! the banter and what makes the dark side of the drama funny, and not so depressing is removed, and i find the U.S.A version is , boring, with no wit, or sarcasm, and has no originality. Collapse
  9. Jan 5, 2012
    "Shameless" is not soley a comedy; the banally nonsensical imitation of real life accompanied by an ersatz laugh track aggregated from a mechanized device. The show feels too veritable for such "la-di-da" pretension. At its root, "Shameless" is a candid reflection from the brusquely mundane lens in which we view the ordinary world; entwining together the idiosyncracies and"Shameless" is not soley a comedy; the banally nonsensical imitation of real life accompanied by an ersatz laugh track aggregated from a mechanized device. The show feels too veritable for such "la-di-da" pretension. At its root, "Shameless" is a candid reflection from the brusquely mundane lens in which we view the ordinary world; entwining together the idiosyncracies and inner-apprehensions of its characters, each bringing forth something a bit different to the serried table. Moreover, the joint consensus of the series as a whole is not fixed; the ride for some may be a bit too bumpy, a wee bit flashy, or perhaps all too dark. Nonetheless, this crass Showtime adaptation, is a masked gem lead by the acting mentorship of Macy, who when on-screen, steals the show, albeit by his drunken, reckless indescretion. Incidentally, Cusack also hands in a worthy performance, however, her acting feels slightly over-done in parts. Other notables are Rossum, who reels the audience in as the bolstering older sister, notwithstanding only a handful of raw moments, barring the plethera of "Skin to the Max-esque" copulation. Also, White's character is a conciliatory antithesis to the chaotic others, as he represents the intellect and rationale of the household; an atypically divided clan whose priorities are centrically positioned. His reserved, but argumentative sardonicism works. As a whole, "Shameless" is an acquired taste that may take a few episodes to develop. But, the "not-for-everyone" stigma shouldn't be placed here, as it pins drama against humor, and with a blend of prurience, knows exactly how to differentiate, and conflate the two as one. The end result: subject matter that controllably stays germane to its intention: struggle is real and normal to have. Expand
  10. Feb 2, 2016
    Very unique program. The writers go out of their way to shock yet most of the story lines are interesting.
    Emmy Rossum possibly the best actress currently on TV. As dysfunctional as the Gallagher family is, a bond exists between them and it exists because of Fiona. I could do without the homosexual story line but thats just me. The other story lines are interesting. The show is well written and in their own way, the characters are likable. I give it a strong seven
  11. Dec 31, 2011
    This show is just Crazy fun, I love it, and just in case the witty comedy isn't your thing you still get to see a fair share of naked boobs and also some ass.
  12. Feb 16, 2011
    This show grows on me more and more each episode. Many of the story lines can be beyond ridiculous, but it always delivers humor along with a touching story of a group of heroic kids getting by despite a worthless father.
  13. Jan 14, 2011
    macy goes over the top but that's fine with me. the big surprise for me is that emmy rossum can really act. will watch some more. saw rossum in the day after tomorrow and was not impressed but she has changed my mind.
  14. Feb 21, 2011
    This is what I expect from Shotime. The depth of each character in the show is astounding. The fact that it is a lower class family doing thing to the best of their ability, "stretching" honesty, and playing the hand they are dealt should speak to majority of the US population. Despite the family's deeds, they obviously are not malicious in their actions (with the exception of Frank, whoThis is what I expect from Shotime. The depth of each character in the show is astounding. The fact that it is a lower class family doing thing to the best of their ability, "stretching" honesty, and playing the hand they are dealt should speak to majority of the US population. Despite the family's deeds, they obviously are not malicious in their actions (with the exception of Frank, who symbolizes Murphy's law to the T), and if you can't get behind them, then you should obviously go back to watching Nick Jr. Expand
  15. Jan 19, 2011
    I thought the show was a well done adaptation of the UK version. I have been a fan of the UK version for quite some time and was skeptical as to if the US could pull it off. The chemistry , the environment the lifestyle all very well done. One of my new favorite shows.
  16. Jan 26, 2011
    I never saw the original, so I have nothing to compare it to, so this will not be a part of my review. The first episode was ok - as with most pilots, you first have to get a feeling for the pace of the story and the characters, before you can really appreciate a show. It had some slow moment, had some great moments, but after 3 episodes I can say, that it is getting better and better andI never saw the original, so I have nothing to compare it to, so this will not be a part of my review. The first episode was ok - as with most pilots, you first have to get a feeling for the pace of the story and the characters, before you can really appreciate a show. It had some slow moment, had some great moments, but after 3 episodes I can say, that it is getting better and better and represents an good mixture of amusement and "shock" (well for me no real shock, but for some ppl the sexual themes might be shocking). All in all a definitely above average drama show with likable characters and much potential to become really good! Expand
  17. Feb 18, 2011
    Absolutely my favorite show of 2011, and I have a feeling it will still be my favorite after 2011 is long over. The cast is amazing, the plot is engaging and even with its sometimes over the topness it still manages to be believable. A huge plus for me is the constant Hungarian references and the heavy usage of music form Hungarian bands in the background. KUDOS to the creators.
  18. Feb 27, 2011
    This show balances things very well homosexuality, under-age drinking, sex, loneliness; a drunken, oblivious and sometimes abusive father (William H Macy) etc. all of which equates into one of the most dysfunctional families on television. It's gritty, realistic by many standards; applaud the writers for their ability to get a laugh out of you and at least attempt to get a tear out of you.This show balances things very well homosexuality, under-age drinking, sex, loneliness; a drunken, oblivious and sometimes abusive father (William H Macy) etc. all of which equates into one of the most dysfunctional families on television. It's gritty, realistic by many standards; applaud the writers for their ability to get a laugh out of you and at least attempt to get a tear out of you. Emmy Rossum is very heartfelt and at her best here and Justin Chatwin is charming like never before together they have great chemistry; both of whom were nearly screwed over thanks to Dragon Ball: Evolution. Expand
  19. Mar 11, 2011
    The negative reviews of Shameless are incomprehensible. This is one of the best television series of the last decade. It is truly top notch entertainment with excellent acting, outstanding writing, and exceptional direction. It's always compelling and unpredictable. I love this show!
  20. Apr 6, 2011
    Never seen the original UK version, but this show is GREAT! It had me hooked from the first episode. The Gallaghers are just a bunch of fun. From the outrages living conditions to the amount of love that they have for each other deep down. I found this family to be very real. The actors do an amazing job of portraying characters that we can relate to and love. Great job by everyoneNever seen the original UK version, but this show is GREAT! It had me hooked from the first episode. The Gallaghers are just a bunch of fun. From the outrages living conditions to the amount of love that they have for each other deep down. I found this family to be very real. The actors do an amazing job of portraying characters that we can relate to and love. Great job by everyone involved in the series. Can't wait for season 2. Expand
  21. Apr 1, 2012
    William H. Macy is a truly great actor. For anyone who ever seen in the movie, "Door To Door", or, ":Fargo", you can appreciate the amazing range and depth of his talent. But there are other great and budding starts on this show too. At times the action is so fast I need to do a digital rewind to keep up, but I like it that way. Never a dull moment and nothing drags. And theWilliam H. Macy is a truly great actor. For anyone who ever seen in the movie, "Door To Door", or, ":Fargo", you can appreciate the amazing range and depth of his talent. But there are other great and budding starts on this show too. At times the action is so fast I need to do a digital rewind to keep up, but I like it that way. Never a dull moment and nothing drags. And the characters in this show are very real sometimes almost too much so. Really intense at times. This is another series that helps me understand another side of our nation's cultural fabric.

At times it is rough but it shows how some people undoubtedly really live. There are times I am completely grossed out but laughing at the same time. The broadcast networks really have their hands tied their backs in that department. Shameless is not a series for everyone, but for those who enjoy their entertainment a little on the wild side with real and sometimes brutally honest human emotions exploding all over the place its worth a shot.
  22. Sep 6, 2015
    Most of time, when people try to remake British television shows in the U.S., they don't work because of all the cultural difference. This has always been the case with two exceptions, The Office and Shameless. For those who think that Seinfeld is the only show about nothing, they've never seen Shameless. That show followed the day to day antics of four friends in New York City. This showMost of time, when people try to remake British television shows in the U.S., they don't work because of all the cultural difference. This has always been the case with two exceptions, The Office and Shameless. For those who think that Seinfeld is the only show about nothing, they've never seen Shameless. That show followed the day to day antics of four friends in New York City. This show follows the day to day antics of a deranged family living in Chicago. In a Emmy winning role, William H. Macy stars as Frank Gallagher, an alcoholic man with six kids, who will do absolutely anything to get money without having to work for it. Frank's antics are really something to see, but as with most of the shows story lines, there is an underlying sadness to the whole thing. Deep down Frank cares deeply for his family and wants to change, but every time he appears to turn a corner, things just seem to get screwed up. Frank's opposite is his daughter Fiona, played admirably by Emily Rossum. This being a comedy show and her not being very funny, has cost her the acclaim that Macy has received, but she is every bit as important to the story, as she's the one whose put her life on hold to raise her brothers and sisters. The other stand out in the show is Cameron Monaghan, who on top of being part of a dysfunctional family, is also dealing with being a gay teenager in a traditional Irish family. He too has his funny moments, but is also the character, that most people can relate to on the show, not because he's gay, but rather he's in a place that he feels he doesn't really belong. He knows for as much as he loved, he will always be seen as different. The lack of a solid story line most certainly effects the show, as most developments only last a couple of episode, but even after five seasons, the antics and scheming of the Gallagher family hasn't gotten old. For me one of the best parts about Shameless is seeing the characters develop and change over the years. When the show started, most of the cast were just kids, trying to find their way without any adult role models. They learn and grow as they go and to me that's more interesting and important than all the odd ball schemes and dirty words. Shameless is unique in that the focus, direction, and characters are always changing. This is great for fans who are into the show, but it also makes it very difficult for people who are trying to get into the story. With so many things happening in such a short period of time to nearly a dozen characters, it is almost impossible, to figure out what lead up to what your watching, if you haven't seen it from the beginning. Overall this show is hilarious, but has an underlying sadness to it. Everyone can related to at least one character, and we all know at least one family that's forced to live this way. We feel for them, but at the same time we are laughing voraciously and are thoroughly entertained by the antics of the entire Gallagher family. Expand
  23. Feb 7, 2012
    This show is wicked fun. It is a black comedy with lots of heart and great characters about a very unconventional family sired by a man (William H. Macy) who is truly in every sense of the word "shameless."
  24. Feb 18, 2012
    Shameless never seems to amaze me. Just when I thought I saw the best episode yet, the next sunday it would be outdone. I give this a 9 and recommend it to all of my friends, no-one is yet to say they dont like it.
  25. Apr 25, 2013
    Shameless Us is so awesome ...Funny sad and weird moments are balanced pretty well....Maybe a little too much sexy scenes I recommend everyone to try to watch at least first 3 episodes and then decide to continue or not... It really is a good tv show hope they don't cancel it or something
  26. Apr 11, 2013
    W H Macy drives this essential piece of television viewing surrounded by an excellent ensemble cast. I think it's hugely underrated, amazingly funny, ferociously energetic yet quietly poignant too.
  27. May 22, 2016
    I love this show. The characters are all diverse and well-drawn. The script is hilarious and sly, but brings the hammer down on serious parts too. I haven't found anything this funny in awhile.
  28. Jan 15, 2014
    I think this Show is amazing. To be honest the first season was average, the second one was way better but still not as good as the third one, which in my opinion was amazing, specially the last few episodes.
    This Show is way to underrated, specially the cast is so raw and fresh. William H. Macy is perfect in his role as Frank, so is Fiona ( Emmy Rossum ), not to Forget the wonderful Joan Cusock as Sheila.
    I also like watching the Young actors playing so wonderful.
    I am looking Forward to another amazing season of shameless.
  29. Feb 3, 2014
    Despite the slow start, missing cast and a slightly poor plot Shameless is quickly gaining speed. I might say it was the lowest and most boring start of the series. My guess was it was loosing quality and originality but with a rising plot its heading in the right direction. I hope they keep up the good work.
  30. May 5, 2014
    An excellent series, really delusional and often shocking with its moments of disaster.

A series without taboo and a scenario that is not afraid to go as far as possible and to present some form of "galley of everyday life" that many people live and you can clearly see all come out of difficulty of life point the tip of his nose.

A series really very involved.
  31. Jan 2, 2016
    If you want drama, if you want sex scenes, if you want comedy, you are at the right place. They are all shameless and they will take it to the next level any time.

Shameless also has a rough and original charisma of its own, emphasizing as it does the freedom and not merely the deprivation of its family of quasi orphans.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jan 11, 2011
    Now and then Shameless sloughs off its mostly self-imposed constraints and fires on all cylinders, observing economic hardship, drunken tomfoolery and sexual shenanigans with a keen eye for class specifics.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jan 10, 2011
    Exec producers John Wells (ER), Andrew Stearn (The West Wing), and Paul Abbott (Cracker), adapting Abbott's original Brit version, waste the talents of Macy, Joan Cusack, and Emmy Rossum (Mystic River), among others, and you'll waste your time straining to enjoy it.