Shark : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
7.9

1. MK
    Oct 10, 2006
    The cocky attitude and interplay with seven of nine (Ms. Ryan) is engaging. Why did the daughter want to stay again?
  2. RosieG
    Oct 28, 2006
    This show is a Breath of fresh Air..you dont know what Shark will be doing and saying next..Love the writing on this show..his one liners ae the best..keep up the good work
  3. mikeg
    Oct 6, 2006
    One of the best shows on TV along with House!
  4. PKingsley
    Sep 23, 2006
    Stunning premiere episode. I'm not a big fan of primetime network shows in general, but James Woods was enough to get me to peek in, and the first episode was enough to get me to come back for at least another few weeks I'd be amazed if they could keep up the quality of writing, directing and acting for a full season, but it's definitely worth watching to find out.
  5. pantherqueen
    Sep 29, 2006
    Was a bit cliche at times, but the acting-especially by Mr. Woods-and the clever dialogue was mesmerizing.
  6. DonaB
    Mar 8, 2007
    I LOVEEE this show. James Woods does an excellent job as does the rest of the case. I was sad to see Alexis Cruz go, but the show ROCKS..I watch it religously after CSI every week.
  7. BOBF
    Oct 1, 2006
    I love Woods in this role. Because of him, the series works. Have seen the first two episodes and I would nominate him for Best Actor in a tv drama.
  8. JessicaS
    Oct 19, 2006
    Shark is the "House" of Legal dramas. I love James Woods as Sebastian the arrogant all too proud lawyer who never looses a case. He makes the show work. Having said that, I hope they don't soften his character too much. I love the character as it is. Yes it's nice to see his softer side when he's with his daughter but that's as far as they should go. His arrogant Shark is the "House" of Legal dramas. I love James Woods as Sebastian the arrogant all too proud lawyer who never looses a case. He makes the show work. Having said that, I hope they don't soften his character too much. I love the character as it is. Yes it's nice to see his softer side when he's with his daughter but that's as far as they should go. His arrogant demanor and how he likes to push the envelope is what captivated me to the show in the first place. Danielle P. is great as his daughter Julie and I love the on screen connection that the two actors have. I'll definately be sticking around to watch what I think is going to be the break out show of the 2006-2007 season. Expand
  9. JackR
    Nov 9, 2006
    Excellent show
  10. LizH
    Oct 22, 2006
    This is my favorite new show and I am so glad it has been picked up for an entire season. James Woods is perfect for the role and I will keep watching! I love his daughter too because their relationship really humanizes Shark. Without her, he would be one dimensional. Watch this show...you won't be disappointed.
  11. AmandaP
    Oct 26, 2006
    Woods is fantastic!
  12. DianeG
    Oct 26, 2006
    My husband and I both enjoy Shark. It is an intense drama with a new twist in the telling of other legal shows. Excellent scripts, directing and editing. Terrific actors!
  13. PeterW
    Dec 6, 2006
    Fast paced dialog, excellent facial expressions. " House " style building and climax of stories. ' Logical ' and common day world, will need more than a GED educated viewer
  14. CoriJ
    Sep 21, 2006
    I loved it. I was able to look past the hollow and predicatable acting of the rest (Jeri.... will you come out and play in some future episode? Yeah, I bet you will!!!) James Woods is at his nasty best. BRAVO!
  15. EdV
    Sep 21, 2006
    I just finished watching the first show of the season and couldn't wait to come on this site and register my vote! Shark is, by far, the best new drama of the 2006 fall season. Just to give you an insight into my tastes, "House" has been my favorite TV show of the last few seasons, and now "Shark is right up there alongside it. If you've ever been a James Woods fan, then please I just finished watching the first show of the season and couldn't wait to come on this site and register my vote! Shark is, by far, the best new drama of the 2006 fall season. Just to give you an insight into my tastes, "House" has been my favorite TV show of the last few seasons, and now "Shark is right up there alongside it. If you've ever been a James Woods fan, then please do yourself a favor, and don't miss an episode. It is tailor-made for both his strengths....his powerful, rude. in -your-face agression, and his softer, sensitive side. This first episode literally performed magic in my heart and mind. I feel as if it's an old friend, as if I've been watching it for years. I've never had this happen before with the very first episode of a new show. When it started , I was mostly focused on the individual performance of James Woods, and afraid that in the attempt to focus on his more agressive, negative side as an attorney, that it would wind up coming off as superficial and cheesy. I'm overjoyed to say that I've never been so wrong. The script of this show itself, transcended the acting performance of any of the individuals, and was one of the most emotionally honest and revealing shows I've ever seen, in an intelligent and mature manner. Whoever wrote this episode was a superior dramatic crafstman of the first degree! Expand
  16. RobC
    Sep 25, 2006
    Not bad. I was expecting a House ripoff, and sure enough those elements were prominent enough to knock off a few points, but overall it worked. It's nice to see James Woods back in action again.
  17. BillyM
    Sep 30, 2006
    Very entertaining and far more realistic than most might think.
  18. LesleyH
    Jan 18, 2007
    Excellent drama with a thought-provoking mix of law...the character setup makes for excellent and compelling new episodes and as long as the mix of personal drama and unforseen circumstance continues to pervade then Woods will keep anyone on the edge of her seat with the gripping tension.
  19. CharlesC
    Mar 22, 2007
    Wonderful show. We look forward to every episode.
  20. BONNIEH.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Go Shark!! He is "yards" better than watching/hearing about spoiled sports stars and their millions abusing drugs and wives; or otherwise breaking the law. Maybe they are exempt from our laws!! ?? Get'm Shark!!!
  21. Ray&MarianG
    Nov 9, 2006
    The background rap music(?) louses up the whole show. Why do they do that?
  22. BrandiP
    Dec 16, 2006
    I am still a little on the fence, I watch the show but it usually sits in my tivo for a week or so until I feel like watching it. I haven't seen an episode yet that just made me head over heels for it.
  23. RandyA
    Sep 21, 2006
    This is "House" in the courtroom. A virtuoso surrounded by his young protoges, a powerful, self-absorbed, and truly gifted pro tormented by ghosts of the past... but more than anything, Woods plays this character impeccably. Movie stars have tried and failed to make the transistion to TV. Woods nails it. Their are some kinks but Spike should be able to work these out.
  24. marshaw
    Sep 22, 2006
    story interesting. james woods is perfect. supporting cast interesting, especially his daughter
  25. AprilW
    Feb 21, 2007
    This is the best show on tv. Keep it coming.
  26. AlexiaB.
    Apr 27, 2007
    Hugely entertaining. This is a fresh wonderful new show that albeit predictable, doesn't suffer from it. Woods bring such ferocity to the screen that he epitomizes everybodies image of an ideal lawyer.

1. If you don't like Woods' frantic, frequent speeches, and you can't get out of the "Without a Trace" Thursday habit, best to steer clear.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Woods is such a compelling presence that he might be able to elevate even procedural fare.
    Woods is every bit as entertaining as he strives to be. [25 Sep 2006, p.43]