Sharknado

• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 11, 2013
4.8

1. Nov 26, 2013
    This movie is so ridiculous, I can't even put it in words. It has it all, from the worst drama scenes to the absolutely terrible shark CGI. I don't watch these movies because their good, I watch them because they're so stupidly hilarious.
  2. Aug 25, 2013
    Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's a sad day when reviewers all over the place are giving this movie praise only to seem cool and like they're in on the joke and yet when movies like The Room or Troll 2 come by they just bash it when both of those movies are infinitely better in that they're actually funny. Under no circumstances should you watch this movie. It'll likelyEasily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's a sad day when reviewers all over the place are giving this movie praise only to seem cool and like they're in on the joke and yet when movies like The Room or Troll 2 come by they just bash it when both of those movies are infinitely better in that they're actually funny. Under no circumstances should you watch this movie. It'll likely steal your soul and set you on fire, and that would still be a better fate than watching this movie. You've been warned... Expand
  3. Aug 9, 2014
    Hilarious comedy horror movie with all the characters doing seemingly stupid things for no reason from start to finish. Why Fins ex Mrs kept hold of an electric hedge trimmer throughout the shark attack is beyond me especially as it wasn't even plugged in!!

Not as good as Black Sheep even though it is even more unrealistic, I mean a sheep driving a land rover is both funnier and more realistic.
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    What can I say that hasn't already been said about Sharknado? The cinematic equivalent of a colonoscopy, it is painful and unpleasant on every possible level, and arguably more intrusive.

If Tara Reid is ever hired again for a part in a film or on television it will be a shining testament to her superlative skills as a fellatress. One can find better acting in a promotion for a world

One can find better acting in a promotion for a world wrestling championship.

All hail Sharknado. It has set a standard against which all others will be measured.
  5. Aug 8, 2013
    The script is horrible, the acting awful, the 'special effects' incredibly cheap and there are more plot holes and convenient happenings than I could possibly list here.

On the other hand there are tornadoes full of sharks and, at one point, a man jumps in slow motion into the mouth of a shark before chain sawing his way out. If that doesn't make you want to watch Sharknado nothing will.
  6. Aug 28, 2013
    It is unfortunate that liking this mental diarrhea is trendy and cool right now when it lacks all the heart and feel of genuinely "good" bad movies. Honestly the writing felt more like several recent big blockbusters just with worse acting, less production value, and a few "you got to be kidding me, did they just say that" lines thrown in to really drive the "joke" home.
  7. Mar 6, 2014
    The intended use of this movie is to be made fun. Best with a couple of open minded friends, sharing some drinks and laughter. That is just what we did and yes we had a lot of fun.

If you want to watch ice age or gravity. Go and watch ice age or gravity and have some fun. But hell do not put sharknado in the dvd player and expect to magically get some ice age, gravity or schindlers list on your tv screen. Expectations...
  8. Jul 24, 2013
    Damon Lindelof wrote on Twitter: "I am going to write the Sharknado sequel and I am going to do it before Shaknado is over." ehm... this says it all...

It is a ridiculously stupid movie with terrible special effects...
    I loved every minute of it for the ridiculousness of the film.
    This movie was terribly funny! lol
  9. Jul 18, 2013
    Sharknado is a classic among Syfy's B movies. It combines awesome sharks, guns, Hummers, and natural disasters into one epic movie. What some people don't understand is that the bad acting, the cheesy lines and the unrealistic plot make it funny. That's half the fun, laughing at the horrible mistakes.
  10. Jul 19, 2013
    What's fun about bad movies is a filmmaker doing the best he or she can with a lack of talent, money, whatever. Those involved in Sharknado not only fail to do the best they can with the talent and money they have. They've made a lazy, stupid movie, knowing it was a bad and hoping the public will be lazy and stupid enough to dig how bad it is. Apparently, they've succeeded. They'veWhat's fun about bad movies is a filmmaker doing the best he or she can with a lack of talent, money, whatever. Those involved in Sharknado not only fail to do the best they can with the talent and money they have. They've made a lazy, stupid movie, knowing it was a bad and hoping the public will be lazy and stupid enough to dig how bad it is. Apparently, they've succeeded. They've excreted a bad script, carelessly produced and the public has responded with all the hysteria of a tornado of mindless sharks. And garbage triumphs. Expand
  11. Jul 31, 2013
    Some may call it a B I call it a Z movie. So bad not only does it make no sense and it was just that hokey and unbelievable. I think this is one of those movies where you have to be stoned or drunk to watch.
  12. Aug 14, 2013
    The best movie i have ever seen so funny and still dramatic 10 out of 10 all the way!!! i dont know why people dont like it i want to watch them all over again!!!
  13. Aug 1, 2013
    As bad as the film is, I had plenty of fun watching it! As a fan of watching terrible Syfy/Asylum original films, I was expecting what was to be expected; horrible acting, horrible CG and a terrible script and it delivers in that sense! The film is as poorly edited, poorly acted and poorly written as one could expect! But what surprised me about this film is how much I was actuallyAs bad as the film is, I had plenty of fun watching it! As a fan of watching terrible Syfy/Asylum original films, I was expecting what was to be expected; horrible acting, horrible CG and a terrible script and it delivers in that sense! The film is as poorly edited, poorly acted and poorly written as one could expect! But what surprised me about this film is how much I was actually entertained whilst watching it. I had an absolute blast watching this intentionally bad movie it was a nice blend of awesome and awful. The film is actually and surprisingly well-paced and is constantly enjoyable I might add. Sharknado stays true to its title and is fun viewing when watching it with friends. Expand
  14. Jul 29, 2013
    This is suppose to be a cow pie but it some how worse i love syfy creature feature but this one i felt they i don't know tried to hard to make a bad movie and they make a black hole that killed my love of camp. watch it now everyone else should liked but not me or u
  15. Aug 3, 2013
    Sharknado is awful...just terrible. I'm not entirely convinced there was actually a script. There's no plot and barely a story. The acting reaches unheard of levels of bad and it's clear a small boy came up with the premise...it's your basic film from The Asylum and SyFy. However, it's in all these bad qualities that makes the film a joy to experience. It's one of those films that areSharknado is awful...just terrible. I'm not entirely convinced there was actually a script. There's no plot and barely a story. The acting reaches unheard of levels of bad and it's clear a small boy came up with the premise...it's your basic film from The Asylum and SyFy. However, it's in all these bad qualities that makes the film a joy to experience. It's one of those films that are so bad, they are automatically funny and a blast to watch and make fun of with friends. Expand
  16. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the worst movies I've ever seen, this is not even a real horror movie, it's just typical bad Cliche filled American crap B-movie. hilarious, I should have been high, then I could have laughed instead
  17. Apr 14, 2014
    Sharknado is yet another terrible Asylum movie. It it ridiculous, cheap, has poor acting, a plot that doesn't make sense, and is just an all around pathetic film. I watched it to see what people liked about it and, like the rest of their movies, the only thing people liked is how bad it is. The only reason I'm rating it a 2/10 instead of a 1/10 is because there are some parts that areSharknado is yet another terrible Asylum movie. It it ridiculous, cheap, has poor acting, a plot that doesn't make sense, and is just an all around pathetic film. I watched it to see what people liked about it and, like the rest of their movies, the only thing people liked is how bad it is. The only reason I'm rating it a 2/10 instead of a 1/10 is because there are some parts that are actually so bad that I laughed. Expand
  18. Feb 13, 2014
    Sharknado is a hilarious train-wreck that gets better the more absurd it becomes. It's still awful, but it crosses into the territory of "it's so bad, it's good". If you love terrible B movies that can be found on Netflix then you are likely in for a great time with Sharknado. If you don't dig these kinds of movies, you're going to hate every moment of it. The fact that there's waterSharknado is a hilarious train-wreck that gets better the more absurd it becomes. It's still awful, but it crosses into the territory of "it's so bad, it's good". If you love terrible B movies that can be found on Netflix then you are likely in for a great time with Sharknado. If you don't dig these kinds of movies, you're going to hate every moment of it. The fact that there's water spouts swirling deadly sharks that can kill people through the air should immediately warn you of the insanity that ensures. That's all after knowing the name of this movie is in-fact "Sharknado". 'Nuff said. Expand
  19. Jul 30, 2014
    Stupid fun. It's absurd, poorly acted, and has crappy special effects. Basically everything you would expect from a "SyFy" original movie, only with a lot more fun. The enjoyment from this movie stems from how absurdly stupid it all is. I couldn't help but have a blast with it. While I wouldn't use the word good to describe it, I would use fun. Sometimes that's all that matters.
  20. Sep 4, 2014
    Whomever thought it would be a good idea to combine sharks and hurricanes should be ashamed of themselves. The only positive: the near-constant ability to make fun of this crap.
  21. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first saw it I thought it was a joke, than I understood they made it for real. People coming out from a shark and bombs which stop a tornado. And I won't talk about the picture quality. Neither I am as bad as they are using Adobe After Effects
    Worst film ever?
  22. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is more stupid than a movie that the great Ed Wood did drunk, and on drugs, First of all sharks won't last a second out of the water, second sharks don't go around eating **** everything in front of them, third you can't blow up a **** tornado, or any kind of air for that **** matter, even not counting those things it is still a godawful, poorly acted, and filled with **** effects piece of **** movie. Expand
  23. Mar 14, 2014
    Lack of acting, possibly the worst visual effects and incredible predictable synopsis - on face value it is the worst film I have ever seen, a complete fail. However I can see the comedic appeal if watched drunk or stoned.
  24. Mar 28, 2014
    I found my self acturally enjoying this film, All though it is a horribly done on every level, Though mildly entertaining, So i am pretty split on this one.
  25. Jul 25, 2015
    The acting is bad,the CGi is horrible,the script is non-existent and the whole movie is just a big mess.Ian Ziering was not that bad and the movie can be one of the "So-bad it's good" movies.
  26. May 3, 2014
    Any low-budget film that is made-for-television is likely to be terrible, unless they intentionally try to look cheap. Then, you're allowed to give it a watch.
  27. Aug 16, 2014
    I've never seen a movie that more pathetic in plot, acting, and effects. It's so garbage, but it's so fun to roast! I love watching it, but i must give it a 0/10 because honestly, it deserves it.
  28. Sep 27, 2014
    Hierarchy of bad movies:
    Best: Trying so earnestly to be good (The Room, Plan 9)
    Next: High on the giddy thrill of making a trashy movie (Troma, Roger Corman)
    Worst: Joylessly painting by numbers with lackluster D-list Celebrities and ripped off elements from better B-movies to make lifeless yet profitable click-bait. (Sharknado)
  29. Oct 8, 2014
    I like the idea of making a dumb idea and making fun of syfy movies but this movie is just awfully boring. I wish sharknado was better. It has a good idea for a funny movie but the execution is awfully done.
  30. Jan 20, 2016
    Summary: Awfully acted, but stupidly enjoyable. Sharknado is a very insane TV movie that will entertain horror buffs and beyond. 67/100 [B-]

A freak hurricane hits Los Angeles, causing man-eating sharks to be scooped up in tornadoes and flooding the city with shark-infested seawater. Surfer and bar-owner Fin sets out with his friends Baz and Nova to rescue his estranged wife April and teenage daughter Claudia. Sharknado is an awful film, but I enjoyed its stupidness. Critics are right, it is so bad, it is good. The visual effects looked intentionally bad, and the performances were laughable. It is kind of a guilty pleasure.

But there is something that I really liked about Sharknado, and it was its humor. This movie was hilarious and so damn entertaining. It reminded me a lot to Zombieland, because both have the same sense of humor and insanity. I dare to say that Sharknado is the most hilarious horror-comedy since Zombieland. Even though some scares and deaths were very predictable, I still enjoyed this flick. It is great to watch a film that knows what it is doing and does it well.

Tara Reid is probably one of the worst actresses in recent memory, she sucked in this movie. But that was the point, right? Sharknado is awfully good and I do not know if that makes sense to you. In addition, Ian Ziering was amazing, he was a badass in this film. Also, the direction was interesting, especially in its final 10 minutes, there was a strangely awesome moment that blew my mind. In conclusion, the first half was somewhat boring and predictable, but the second half was bloody-fun, unpredictable and highly entertaining. I liked it. [B-]
  31. Jan 28, 2015
    Bad acting, bad plot, bad special effects, everything about this is bad. There's no logic behind it either. 0/ 100000000000000000000000000000000000000
  32. May 11, 2016
    Most people say here that "Sharknado is stupid that it's actually fun to watch" but in this case, sharks are very unoriginal these days and fusing sharks with tornadoes make Sharknado look completely stupid to watch.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 18, 2013
    It’s absurd. It’s ridiculous. If you’re a fan of low-budget horror movies and you miss it, you will regret it for the rest of your life.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jul 12, 2013
    It's the whole over-the-top insanity of it all, the splendid and glorious belief that if you say even god-awful lines firmly enough, if you look hot while drawing some weapon with which you clearly have no familiarity, if you acknowledge the yawning chasms in plot by saying things like "This is crazy" and "Do you trust me?" often enough, your audience will stay with you. Which is the creative spirit that drives this town, shared by the masterpiece and the utter mess alike.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Jul 12, 2013
    This brilliantly executed concept--the title, the casting, the squiggly tornado CGI--was the most delicious chum, and we are creatures of instinct.