• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 11, 2013
  • Season #: 1
4.9

1. Jul 19, 2013
    What's fun about bad movies is a filmmaker doing the best he or she can with a lack of talent, money, whatever. Those involved in Sharknado not only fail to do the best they can with the talent and money they have. They've made a lazy, stupid movie, knowing it was a bad and hoping the public will be lazy and stupid enough to dig how bad it is. Apparently, they've succeeded. They've excreted a bad script, carelessly produced and the public has responded with all the hysteria of a tornado of mindless sharks. And garbage triumphs. Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2013
    It is unfortunate that liking this mental diarrhea is trendy and cool right now when it lacks all the heart and feel of genuinely "good" bad movies. Honestly the writing felt more like several recent big blockbusters just with worse acting, less production value, and a few "you got to be kidding me, did they just say that" lines thrown in to really drive the "joke" home.
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the worst movies I've ever seen, this is not even a real horror movie, it's just typical bad Cliche filled American crap B-movie. hilarious, I should have been high, then I could have laughed instead
  4. Apr 14, 2014
    Sharknado is yet another terrible Asylum movie. It it ridiculous, cheap, has poor acting, a plot that doesn't make sense, and is just an all around pathetic film. I watched it to see what people liked about it and, like the rest of their movies, the only thing people liked is how bad it is. The only reason I'm rating it a 2/10 instead of a 1/10 is because there are some parts that are actually so bad that I laughed. Expand
  5. Sep 4, 2014
    Whomever thought it would be a good idea to combine sharks and hurricanes should be ashamed of themselves. The only positive: the near-constant ability to make fun of this crap.
  6. Aug 25, 2013
    Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's a sad day when reviewers all over the place are giving this movie praise only to seem cool and like they're in on the joke and yet when movies like The Room or Troll 2 come by they just bash it when both of those movies are infinitely better in that they're actually funny. Under no circumstances should you watch this movie. It'll likely steal your soul and set you on fire, and that would still be a better fate than watching this movie. You've been warned... Expand
  7. Jul 24, 2013
    Damon Lindelof wrote on Twitter: "I am going to write the Sharknado sequel and I am going to do it before Shaknado is over." ehm... this says it all...

It is a ridiculously stupid movie with terrible special effects...
    I loved every minute of it for the ridiculousness of the film.
    This movie was terribly funny! lol
  8. Aug 3, 2013
    Sharknado is awful...just terrible. I'm not entirely convinced there was actually a script. There's no plot and barely a story. The acting reaches unheard of levels of bad and it's clear a small boy came up with the premise...it's your basic film from The Asylum and SyFy. However, it's in all these bad qualities that makes the film a joy to experience. It's one of those films that are so bad, they are automatically funny and a blast to watch and make fun of with friends. Expand
  9. Jul 29, 2013
    This is suppose to be a cow pie but it some how worse i love syfy creature feature but this one i felt they i don't know tried to hard to make a bad movie and they make a black hole that killed my love of camp. watch it now everyone else should liked but not me or u
  10. Jul 31, 2013
    Some may call it a B I call it a Z movie. So bad not only does it make no sense and it was just that hokey and unbelievable. I think this is one of those movies where you have to be stoned or drunk to watch.
  11. Oct 9, 2013
    There is a 150 character minimum for reviews. If your review contains spoilers, please check the Spoiler box. Please do not use ALL CAPS. There is no HTML allowed. Your review may be edited for content.
  12. Nov 2, 2013
    What can I say that hasn't already been said about Sharknado? The cinematic equivalent of a colonoscopy, it is painful and unpleasant on every possible level, and arguably more intrusive.

If Tara Reid is ever hired again for a part in a film or on television it will be a shining testament to her superlative skills as a fellatress.

One can find better acting in a promotion for a world
    wrestling championship.

All hail Sharknado. It has set a standard against which all others will be measured.
  13. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first saw it I thought it was a joke, than I understood they made it for real. People coming out from a shark and bombs which stop a tornado. And I won't talk about the picture quality. Neither I am as bad as they are using Adobe After Effects
    Worst film ever?
  14. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is more stupid than a movie that the great Ed Wood did drunk, and on drugs, First of all sharks won't last a second out of the water, second sharks don't go around eating **** everything in front of them, third you can't blow up a **** tornado, or any kind of air for that **** matter, even not counting those things it is still a godawful, poorly acted, and filled with **** effects piece of **** movie. Expand
  15. Mar 14, 2014
    Lack of acting, possibly the worst visual effects and incredible predictable synopsis - on face value it is the worst film I have ever seen, a complete fail. However I can see the comedic appeal if watched drunk or stoned.
  16. Aug 16, 2014
    I've never seen a movie that more pathetic in plot, acting, and effects. It's so garbage, but it's so fun to roast! I love watching it, but i must give it a 0/10 because honestly, it deserves it.
  17. Sep 27, 2014
    Hierarchy of bad movies:
    Best: Trying so earnestly to be good (The Room, Plan 9)
    Next: High on the giddy thrill of making a trashy movie (Troma, Roger Corman)
    Worst: Joylessly painting by numbers with lackluster D-list Celebrities and ripped off elements from better B-movies to make lifeless yet profitable click-bait. (Sharknado)
  18. Oct 8, 2014
    I like the idea of making a dumb idea and making fun of syfy movies but this movie is just awfully boring. I wish sharknado was better. It has a good idea for a funny movie but the execution is awfully done.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 18, 2013
    It’s absurd. It’s ridiculous. If you’re a fan of low-budget horror movies and you miss it, you will regret it for the rest of your life.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jul 12, 2013
    It's the whole over-the-top insanity of it all, the splendid and glorious belief that if you say even god-awful lines firmly enough, if you look hot while drawing some weapon with which you clearly have no familiarity, if you acknowledge the yawning chasms in plot by saying things like "This is crazy" and "Do you trust me?" often enough, your audience will stay with you. Which is the creative spirit that drives this town, shared by the masterpiece and the utter mess alike.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Jul 12, 2013
    This brilliantly executed concept--the title, the casting, the squiggly tornado CGI--was the most delicious chum, and we are creatures of instinct.