9.1

1. May 7, 2012
    If you don't like this show, there is something wrong with you. Sherlock is an amazing, brilliant show. Benedict and Martin are fantastic in their respective roles, as well as everyone else(especially Andrew Scot as Moriarty). If you can't stand this show, stick to Guy Ritchie's dismemberment of the series. This Sherlock is modern, but it's clever and exciting. All three episodes areIf you don't like this show, there is something wrong with you. Sherlock is an amazing, brilliant show. Benedict and Martin are fantastic in their respective roles, as well as everyone else(especially Andrew Scot as Moriarty). If you can't stand this show, stick to Guy Ritchie's dismemberment of the series. This Sherlock is modern, but it's clever and exciting. All three episodes are great, but the first one and the Reichenbach fall are the best. Expand
  2. Jun 29, 2012
    It is one of the greatest mystery television series ever made and one of the best presently on TV.The performances of Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman along with the writing of Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss make this modern adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes pure fun and entertainment.
  3. May 8, 2012
    It would be difficult to find fault with even such a modern update of the most famous fictional detective. It is clever, it is witty, its humour is deliciously highbrow, the actors and actresses have superb performances - they are such a perfect fit considering the roles that they play - Moffat and Gatiss should be proud for what genius and creativity they have devoted to adapting theIt would be difficult to find fault with even such a modern update of the most famous fictional detective. It is clever, it is witty, its humour is deliciously highbrow, the actors and actresses have superb performances - they are such a perfect fit considering the roles that they play - Moffat and Gatiss should be proud for what genius and creativity they have devoted to adapting the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Need I say more? Expand
  4. May 20, 2012
    The best T.V show ever, prefer it over the films.
    I laughed, I cried and I was baffled by amazing unpredictable twists with a great cast. Everyone needs to see it!
  5. Apr 20, 2013
    Sherlock is an incredible show. What Sherlock Holmes was always meant to be and more!
    A must watch! The acting is fantastic to go along with a brilliant plot.
  6. Oct 6, 2012
    Could not be more pleased with this series. After having watched this and attempting the new American version "Elementary", I found I could no longer stomach such a placating to viewership as found on the remake. "Sherlock" is simply exciting. It thrills with jolts of intellect and plot, and brings it all home with character development and the promise of more to come. It has easilyCould not be more pleased with this series. After having watched this and attempting the new American version "Elementary", I found I could no longer stomach such a placating to viewership as found on the remake. "Sherlock" is simply exciting. It thrills with jolts of intellect and plot, and brings it all home with character development and the promise of more to come. It has easily made my top ten list of all time, and I assure you, I do not rate it a perfect 10 lightly. Expand
  7. May 13, 2012
    Wow. And I thought series one was as good as it gets. Sherlock season 2 is one of the best television series I have ever seen. Just about everything seems to be upped from season one, and season one was already brilliant in so many ways. Each of the 3 episodes are ten out of ten in my eyes and I could happily watch them over and over. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are as great asWow. And I thought series one was as good as it gets. Sherlock season 2 is one of the best television series I have ever seen. Just about everything seems to be upped from season one, and season one was already brilliant in so many ways. Each of the 3 episodes are ten out of ten in my eyes and I could happily watch them over and over. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are as great as ever as well as all of the supporting cast but the stealer for me was Andrew Scott as Moriarty. He is the reason why the final episode of the three is absolutely jaw dropping and he is just a joy to watch. The visual effects seem to be bigger and better than season one, you can definitely tell that the shows budget has increased and it deserved the increase! Overall fantastic writing, directing and acting all wrapped into one fantastic show, you have to watch this! Expand
  8. May 6, 2012
    Ingenious. Intelligent. Challenging. Witty. Unique. Probably the best television from England for years. It really is a must watch for the more discerning viewer.
  9. May 7, 2012
    One of the best that I've seen so far on TV, Sherlock comes as a complete package. The actors Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Andrew Scott were very notable in their portrayals of the highly popular characters and perfectly cast with the other actors. The cleverly-written scripts were spot-on, with the humor introduced just in the right places and the dialogues very well thoughtOne of the best that I've seen so far on TV, Sherlock comes as a complete package. The actors Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Andrew Scott were very notable in their portrayals of the highly popular characters and perfectly cast with the other actors. The cleverly-written scripts were spot-on, with the humor introduced just in the right places and the dialogues very well thought out and appealing to a wide range of viewers. Highly recommended for the fans and non-fans alike. Seriously, don't compare, just watch and appreciate the show. Collapse
  10. May 7, 2012
    This show is absolutely the most fantastic thing I've ever watched. The Reichenbach Fall was simply superb, and the funny thing is, I was extremely adverse to watching Sherlock in the beginning, as I was afraid the modernization of it would ruin it for me, but I was (happily!) proven wrong :)
  11. May 11, 2012
    Haven't seen 12 in, um, a very long time, and I think this series is wonderful. This coming from someone who has read all the novels and seen just about every Holmes movie ever made. This particular version wonderfully captures the character of Holmes and Watson for a new day and age.
  12. May 27, 2012
    It is so exciting (and rear) to witness a production that has comedy, psychology, mystery, and terror all in one show. But the modern day Sherlock accomplishes it with an absolute perfect rhythm. Genius. Thank you actors, writers, and the like. 11/10
  13. May 20, 2012
    Simply put it, the first and last episode of the second season is by far the best television I've seen in many years. The series are loyal to the books with outstanding overall performances that are able to layer the characters and give them the required depth and complexity, while keeping it humorous and witty. If you are a S.H. fan, you own it to yourself watching this series.
  14. May 29, 2012
    The Sherlock Homes here is more of an Oscar Wilde than an Holmes in more ways than one, which happens to be a good thing. And a way better version then the one from the recent movies, that one is just horrible.
  15. Jun 3, 2012
    ICONIC! From the phenomenal performances, music, story and witty dialogue! Truly, a love letter Conan Doyle will surely treasure. I cannot recommend it more.
  16. Aug 29, 2012
    Sherlock is one of the best series I have ever watched, and I can say it again and again. Outstanding direction, cinematography and the background score; I could not stop noticing them throughout the series. Benedict Cumberbatch shines as Sherlock Holmes once again. I don't like the characterization of Jim Moriarty though, looks kinda lame and annoying, maybe he was born that way. If youSherlock is one of the best series I have ever watched, and I can say it again and again. Outstanding direction, cinematography and the background score; I could not stop noticing them throughout the series. Benedict Cumberbatch shines as Sherlock Holmes once again. I don't like the characterization of Jim Moriarty though, looks kinda lame and annoying, maybe he was born that way. If you haven't watched this show yet, this is definitely a must watch for you. And don't be sad, there's another season yet to come. Sherlock, all the way. Expand
  17. Jul 6, 2012
    I seriously enjoyed this season of Sherlock. By the end, it had me aching for more. Clever stories, clever acting, and clever directing. You really cannot go wrong here!
  18. Jul 16, 2012
    Sherlock Holmes never fails to disappoint. After a brilliant season 1,he's back with an absolutely mind blowing season 2. Benedict Cumberbatch is brilliant and convincing as ever. Martin Freeman is as usual perfect. This is the best TV out there. Creators Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat have done an incredible job.
    The only thing that's bumming me out is that I have to wait till next year
    The only thing that's bumming me out is that I have to wait till next year to see Sherlock again.
  19. Jul 30, 2012
    I love this series. The characters are fantastic, love the humor is so typically English, which means perfectly times and witty. Awesome modern twist on an old classic. Can't wait for the next season
  20. Sep 8, 2012
    Something great happens when every element of a show are gathered together in perfection. The shooting style, the clever dialogues, the terrific performance and the magnificent story telling make BBC1's Sherlock the best version of Conan Doyle's investigator. As always, British dramas make difference in Telly. Long live Sherlock!
  21. Aug 6, 2014
    This is, by far, the best series of Sherlock yet. I'm actually also tempted to call it my favorite series of any show, EVER. It just gets everything right.

The first episode, "A Scandal in Belgravia", is my personal favorite. Following this masterpiece is the excellent "Hounds of Baskerville", which actually brings some decent horror to the show. Unexpected, and utterly amazing! "The

The first episode, "A Scandal in Belgravia", is my personal favorite.
    "The Reichenbach Fall" should sound familiar to anyone who's ever encountered Sherlock Holmes previously - and it's just as heartbreaking as it should be.

There is no reason to not watch this show. It is absolutely fantastic. I have no criticism whatsoever. Quite simply perfect.
  22. Jan 19, 2013
    Even better than season 1. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are stunning; I'm completely in love with their relationship and I cannot wait to see what else Sherlock has to offer.
  23. Mar 24, 2013
    A truly perfect series as far as character development, story and everything technical are concerned. A stunning piece of television to watch if only for the beautiful editing. Cumberbatch and Freeman act the roles perfectly and the books are complimented brilliantly whilst modernising the intelligent franchise. Would recommend the series to anyone, gave me goosebumps
  24. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, a 10 out of 10. I have not seen a modernization of a show quite as rich as this. Benedict Cummberbatch has quickly become a favorite of mine, though I rarely watch interviews with him because I love the image of him as Sherlock and I don't want to blow it; except for his upcoming appearance in 'Star Trek 2'. He is a perfect replication; troubled, drugged, a complete and utter that you cannot help but love and admire for his ability to excuse his sociopathic self as a huge credit to his character. Without it, he would not be able to be who he is. THE detective of the century.
    Then there's Martin Freeman as the incomparable Watson. The reincarnation of the original character is just lovely. Their relationship is like a perfectly imperfect marriage. A reality in which Watson knows he cannot survive without Sherlock. Sherlock becomes his irreplaceable partner, as is painfully brought forth in the final episode of Season 2 when he pleads with Sherlock's grave; "One more miracle for me, Sherlock. Don't be...dead. Would you do that for me?"
    I could continue on and on about the glorious characters, the impeccable acting abilities of main characters and side characters alike but I only have 5000 characters and am quite frankly it's late and I'm getting tired.
    What I can say for sure is what a perfect summation of a perfect rebooting of the perfect crime duo and, of course, who better to resurrect these characters than Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss. What a duo these two are! They have true love for these characters as well as they do for Doctor Who and it shows.
    I have waited with such anticipation for Season 3. Never before have I stayed so utterly tunnel visioned on a series. It is going to go down as one of the top 5 greatest reboots of a television series. I cannot wait.
  25. Apr 21, 2013
    Season 1 was amazing,
    Season 2 is even better.
    Every single episode has a better story, a better thriller and mystery.
    You can't take your eyes from the screen, an even though each episode is like has a whole movie length, you just don't want it to end! Brilliant!
  26. Jul 23, 2013
    You just can't ask for a better Sherlock...
    Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman make a perfect 'pair'...
    It may even be the best show/movie on Sherlock Holmes...
    And season for awesome...
  27. May 2, 2013
    Season 2 gets even better with new look on Sherlock Holmes. Irene Adler in the house! It all ended with amazing finale which made all us love the show even more!
  28. Dec 9, 2013
    When I heard about this show the first time, I was a bit concerned, but after watching the first season I could never think about Sherlock Holmes the same way because the first thing that I thought of was, Benedict Cumberbach.
    This is one of the most unique TV series' out there, and I can't wait for season 3.
  29. Jul 5, 2013
    S02E01 Scandal In Belgravia by far one of my top five episodes across any television series EVER! I have watched the full episode over 15 times and have watched a few key scenes upwards of 30 40 times as well. Well Done!
  30. Nov 12, 2013
    There are some people who haven't watched this marvelous series, I feel sorry for them. This is the best TV series I've watched so far. If you're interested in detective stories, brainstorming riddles, spectacular acting or in-depth emotions, this set of 90 minutes is just for you. As "The Woman" said," Brain is the new sexy."

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    May 7, 2012
    In season 2 of PBS's richly clever Sherlock, the Victorian tales have been refitted to our century. [14 May 2012, p.44]
    Sherlock is a wonderful series. Just thinking about it makes me smile.
  3. Reviewed by: Tirdad Derakhshani
    May 7, 2012
    Sherlock strikes a perfect--and delicious--balance among comedy, pathos, murder, and mystery.