• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 1, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.4

1. Jul 28, 2013
    Maddeningly bad. It's tries to base this as a reality-slash-survival show so NBC can capitalize on the "Hunger Games"-like following of survival of the fittest, but when you realize it's a group of unknown (for a reason), talentless actors with a terrible script and all of the action happens off-camera which is how a network can get away with showing gruesome deaths on "live TV" it adds up to terrible television. This is an obvious attempt to compete with edgy original content going on better cable channels (AMC, F/X), but this is nothing more than a desperate attempt at fanfare that won't last past 12 episodes. Don't waste your time. Hilarious that they're in Siberia (Russia) and not a Russian anywhere in sight closest they got is some DJ from Montenegro. Collapse
  2. Jul 15, 2013
    This show is a bunch of people arguing about foot rations, and some wrird happening once or twice an episode. this show is not worth your time, trust me.
  3. Jul 10, 2013
    As boring as a reality show. The mystery plot is almost nonexistent. The characters are so obnoxious as real contestants. In the worst I've seen this year.
  4. Aug 8, 2013
    Watched 2 episodes and I gotta say it's rather crap. I expected something much more compelling, More of a drama then a pathetic reality show. Weak acting as well. Very disappointed because there was some potential here.
  5. Jul 22, 2013
    My husband and I started watching this show by accident the first night it aired. Ever since it has been a little bit like Jerry Springer, in that it's so bad you can't help but watch it out of curiosity. Having known nothing about the show originally we thought it was a real reality show, until throughout the first episode it became very clear that it wasn't. It was so unrealistic it was almost comical. In fact, I think this concept would have been better had they just made it a comedy/parody. I think the intent was to make this "fake" reality show a thriller, such as the Blair Witch project, which was thought to be real by most viewers which added to the fear element. However in knowing that Siberia is not real, it lost the thrill element for me. The actors are terrible actors, even worse than your daytime soap stars. I would describe this as a bad version of a soap and a reality show and would not recommend wasting anymore time on this one. Fortunately, I do not see this show being aired for long. Expand
  6. Jul 30, 2013
    Siberia is probably the most fake, poorly acted, and poorly written show, I have ever had the misfortune to watch. Half the time i was watching it, I would bust out laughing at how ridiculously terrible it was. Maybe they should have branded it as a comedy.
  7. Aug 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is by far the worst show I have ever seen. its actually laughably bad. the acting is horrendous. honestly, I think they just sat at a cafe and asked whoever walked by if they wanted a spot on this show. I'm not sure if this is scripted or improv, but whoever is coming up with the stupid lines needs to be locked up so as never to taint the world with such stupidity ever again. I've seen the first 4 episodes (just kept telling myself it was bound to get better), so I think I've seen enough to form a valid opinion on the show.
    To specify one specific incident that made me actually have to pause the show to complain to my viewing partners. the girls come out of their cabin to find someone had left spear there with a note with some cliche "spooky" warning like "leave now" or something similar. so they freak out and the boys come over and they stand around it getting scared and someone honestly says "we're the only people here... aren't we?"
    I mean come the on. no. the idea is that these people are on a reality show competing for a large cash prize and trying to get one another to leave the game. being in that situation and knowing this, would your first assumption really be that there must be other people living in siberia, waiting in the forest to kill you if you don't leave?
    And then there was another moment in a previous episode. a girl eats wild mushrooms and gets incredibly ill and starts hallucinating. then when she recovers, she willing takes herself out of a game for half a million dollars, because she had a vision that the sky catches on fire and everyone there gets killed. seriously? yes. we should all totally base life changing decision on visions we have when we're high. good life strategy.
    This show tries way too hard to be shocking and it just ends up being too unrealistic. If this show were just about a Survivor type game show gone totally wrong and one of the contestants goes crazy and just starts killing people... that'd be cool. but with all the supernatural elements mixed with the acting skills of a fish, Siberia is just garbage, and I would never recommend it to even my worst enemies.

1. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jul 1, 2013
    The well-trod format of Siberia may be its biggest asset, quickly building the kind of sturdy perimeters that horror so often needs; real fear emerges when the familiar and predictable become shockingly distorted (is any ghost as scary as a child ghost?).
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 1, 2013
    The reality show has become a nightmare, which isn’t a terrible premise. But setting it in the woods and turning the contestants into prey for some malevolent force harks back more to “Friday the 13th” than to “Survivor.” This wouldn’t be as noticeable if Siberia leavened the whole thing with dark humor.
  3. Reviewed by: Linda Stasi
    Jul 1, 2013
    Siberia can be pretty annoying with the shaky single-camera and fake reality premise and all--but then it picks up in the last ten minutes when things go horribly wrong and the best character in the bunch gets killed off.