Sit Down, Shut Up : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
5.2

1. MichaelP
    Jul 3, 2009
    It could be good, like an 7 or 8, however its missing something. But I can't figure out what...
  2. Scott
    Apr 20, 2009
    Absolutely dreadful. I hope this show dies a painful death after a few episodes.
  3. B.E.SP
    May 2, 2009
    I had hope that this show would be funny, but I was sadly mistaken. I don't understand all these comments likening this show to "Arrested Development." "Arrested Development" had interesting characters who were funny because of their ridiculousness. This painful cartoon has flat characters who mistake being crude with being funny. There won't be a second season. No one will I had hope that this show would be funny, but I was sadly mistaken. I don't understand all these comments likening this show to "Arrested Development." "Arrested Development" had interesting characters who were funny because of their ridiculousness. This painful cartoon has flat characters who mistake being crude with being funny. There won't be a second season. No one will watch this show. Expand
  4. Dangles
    Jun 6, 2009
    Just because it has a great cast, doe snot make this show of the same caliber as arrest development (where many of the cast members are leeched from). This is simply an awful comedy with nothing to laugh about except maybe the failure that the show truly is.
  5. Dusti'n
    Apr 19, 2009
    Wow. Absolutely lame, uninteresting, predictable and simply awful. Didn't even crack a smile.
  6. DanielK
    Apr 20, 2009
    Very poor.. tries too hard. Truly a disaster. Nothing about it feels natural and the comedic timing is nonexistent.
  7. WaltJ
    Apr 22, 2009
    This is loathsome garbage. Please don't cancel King of the Hill. It didn't mean any harm. This new cartoon is painful to sit through. It is like a childrens' show. It desperately attempts to get the viewing audience to laugh at jokes that are either sex related, or something a kid would laugh at on Spongebob. The worst part was the catchphrases. I hate repitition and the This is loathsome garbage. Please don't cancel King of the Hill. It didn't mean any harm. This new cartoon is painful to sit through. It is like a childrens' show. It desperately attempts to get the viewing audience to laugh at jokes that are either sex related, or something a kid would laugh at on Spongebob. The worst part was the catchphrases. I hate repitition and the overkill of a sing joke, especially one that wasn't funny to begin with like the repeating catchphrase, "I need a catchphrase." or "catchphrases are for losers. Please FOX, do yourself a favor and get rid of this show...it drove me to attempt in suicide...it's that bad. Expand
  8. diannac
    Apr 28, 2009
    Completely awful show. Horrible portrayal of teachers.
  9. JT
    Apr 29, 2009
    Although the show has funny actors such as J. Bateman, W. Arnett, W. Forte, H. Winkler, T. Kenny & C. Oteri, SIT DOWN SHUT UP fails to deliver. It may be full of subtle humour but the problem is the humour isn't that funny.
  10. ShaunC
    May 20, 2009
    Considering the cast, supremely disappointing.
  11. AdamB.
    Apr 22, 2009
    Poorly written and animated, insulting, and disposable.
  12. mikec
    Apr 26, 2009
    It's like a cartoon, without the humor. They want to replace King of the Hill with this tripe? You have got to be kidding me! I'd rather watch a show about Cotton Hill's remains after it was flushed down the loo!
  13. Mike
    Apr 27, 2009
    Instantly stale, with characters who never mention a second dimension and a subject matter (schools and teachers) for which the writers seem to have neither insight nor interest.
  14. StanS
    Apr 27, 2009
    This thing was actually PAINFUL to watch - worst TV i've seen in the last 30 years.
  15. MacT
    Apr 29, 2009
    Excruciatingly terrible.

1. It's almost impossible to discern the comedic intelligences behind this drab cartoon about a high school faculty.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Sit Down is raw, vulgar and blithely offensive, with so many triple and quadruple entendres for so many sexual acts, I lost count.
  3. Bateman and Arnett make the most of what they're given, but Sit Down, Shut Up seems to be caught up in actually trying to have a plot and then partly tossing off zany one-liners (with a focus on anatomy).