• Network: E4
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 25, 2007
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
8.5

1. Sep 1, 2010
    The first series was an exceptional piece of television that offered a vivid, yet often exaggerated representation of teenage life. The main cast contained some promising character such as Sid Jenkins, Cassie Ainsworth, Tony Stonem and Chris Miles who are amongst the most-rounded, entertaining depictions of teenagers in contemporary fiction. The ending supplied a powerful moment of emotionThe first series was an exceptional piece of television that offered a vivid, yet often exaggerated representation of teenage life. The main cast contained some promising character such as Sid Jenkins, Cassie Ainsworth, Tony Stonem and Chris Miles who are amongst the most-rounded, entertaining depictions of teenagers in contemporary fiction. The ending supplied a powerful moment of emotion throughout a controversial, but unflinching portrayal of some teenager's lives. Expand
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    Whats next soft-core cartoons on nickelodeon ? Pokemon named penisuaris and vaginaloris..? Shows stupid... talk about trying to hard.. thats the problem with these producers and writers. Of course sex and drugs is real issue with teens in high school. But this show is drastically trying to win over the young. Myself as a popular teen who actually messed around in High school with girls andWhats next soft-core cartoons on nickelodeon ? Pokemon named penisuaris and vaginaloris..? Shows stupid... talk about trying to hard.. thats the problem with these producers and writers. Of course sex and drugs is real issue with teens in high school. But this show is drastically trying to win over the young. Myself as a popular teen who actually messed around in High school with girls and drugs, Laughed when i watched this. Shows a joke! Get some real teens to write the scripts im sure it would be more realistic then your adult employees who are begging for a hit show, putting their own spin on the " cool hip stuff " - sarcastically said Expand
  3. Mar 1, 2013
    Of course the plot is exaggerated for entertainment. If the show merely depicted average teenagers, it would be extremely boring. The first generation was great, the second was marginally less good, but nonetheless still very entertaining. However, the third generation was just a mess, the characters were just boring. That said, I'm very excited for the 7th and final season, with theOf course the plot is exaggerated for entertainment. If the show merely depicted average teenagers, it would be extremely boring. The first generation was great, the second was marginally less good, but nonetheless still very entertaining. However, the third generation was just a mess, the characters were just boring. That said, I'm very excited for the 7th and final season, with the cast being from the first two generations. Expand
  4. Mar 23, 2011
    Great show. The 5th season wasn't that impressive, but I really enjoyed the 1st and 3rd season. Relatable characters, surprisingly good acting for amateurs, excellent music directors, stunning production.
  5. Aug 6, 2011
    The first two series were just perfect, the third series kept the vibe and upped the adolescence stage with the new cast, fourth went a bit down hill, fifth was just all over the place with sloppy new cast who really weren't anything like the first two generations
  6. Sep 10, 2010
    The British Show is apparently exaggerated to the extent that its not believable, but from my own experiences the parting the drugs and the extreme sex does happen. The Characters were easy to connect too and like and I think it brought awareness though could perhaps persuade the younger generation of teens too participate in a scene that they may not have even thought about before.
  7. Sep 28, 2010
    With screenwriters with an average age of 21, 'Skins' is a show is written by the youth of britain about the youth of britain which is why it is realistic, as some people don't seem to realise. A funny and emotional rollercoaster ride of a tv show, and definitely up there as one of my favourites.
  8. Jan 15, 2011
    Skins is one of those British television shows that has tried to represent the youth of Britain accurately, but unlike other attempts, Skins has succeeded in making a realistic portrayal of teenage Britain. A truly great television series from 1 to 4.
  9. Jan 14, 2011
    I was surprised by the negative critic's score. What needs to be understood is that skins is intended to be viewed by the youth: those of us born in the 1990s. Anybody born in the 1970s or earlier would likely not understand the show, or criticize it for being unrealistic. What needs to be understood is that for the youth of the 2000s, the show is extremely true to life (speaking from myI was surprised by the negative critic's score. What needs to be understood is that skins is intended to be viewed by the youth: those of us born in the 1990s. Anybody born in the 1970s or earlier would likely not understand the show, or criticize it for being unrealistic. What needs to be understood is that for the youth of the 2000s, the show is extremely true to life (speaking from my own experience as a 16 year old in New York City). The events depicted as routine in the show (parties, sex, pill popping) are, in fact, all in a day's work for the teens of today. A testament to the show's widely misunderstood realism is its popularity within the age 14-21 demographic the Western world over. The show speaks to us. Expand
  10. Feb 6, 2011
    Really great!Really great!

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  11. Feb 7, 2011
    Season 1 and 2 of this show was some of the absolute best TV ever made. Every commercial break had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I couldn't wait for the next week's episode to come out. Then season 3 happened... ugh, from best to worst. If you are reading the reviews to find out if you should waste your time, only do so for Season 1 and 2 of the British show. Not season 3 andSeason 1 and 2 of this show was some of the absolute best TV ever made. Every commercial break had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I couldn't wait for the next week's episode to come out. Then season 3 happened... ugh, from best to worst. If you are reading the reviews to find out if you should waste your time, only do so for Season 1 and 2 of the British show. Not season 3 and not the US show. Expand
  12. Jun 7, 2011
    Though obviously the exact quantity of pills they take i exaggerated it's pretty realistic fro Britain.
    Even though it seems they depict as being like that every single day one must remember the timeline where it's weeks and sometimes months between episodes, the directors just don't waste their time.
  13. Jul 26, 2011
    It's the perfect show for anyone who enjoys watching rebellion on a screen. It will teach you what it's like, and also entertain you through inappropriate conduct you wish you could show.
  14. Dec 29, 2011
    i love it
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  15. Jan 4, 2012
    The fact that so many people are using the anonymity of being British to say how realistic this is says 1000x more about British teenagers than this show does. Now and again, I've experienced moments like this show, but on the whole? Not really very realistic at all. That said, the first 2 seasons (with the original cast) are brilliantly made, well written, good stories and good acting.The fact that so many people are using the anonymity of being British to say how realistic this is says 1000x more about British teenagers than this show does. Now and again, I've experienced moments like this show, but on the whole? Not really very realistic at all. That said, the first 2 seasons (with the original cast) are brilliantly made, well written, good stories and good acting. Clever and funny. But people need to stop pretending their lives are this exciting and that they didn't spend last weekend writing coursework rather than taking drugs and having sex. The weekend before, however.... I am 18 and British, btw. Expand
  16. Aug 8, 2012
    I really liked Skins, it is very realistic and portrays what teens are like in Britain, while at the same time it provides humor and drama that keeps you entertained throughout the whole episode.
  17. Dec 1, 2014
    this serie its for gay, ok? only gays watch this **** poor **** NOW i will complet 150 ''characters'' .....................................................

The glimpses of old-fashioned heart in Sid’s story, and the characters’ deadpan humor, make this show a mildly intriguing chronicle of youth.
  2. It's all elevated by looking really beautiful (though not -- and this is the crucial difference -- stylish). The pictures fill in the blanks, and even as Skins strains credibility, it achieves moments of poetry.
  3. I nearly wrote off Skins after the first episode. But as it continued--I've now seen three, the first two of which will air back-to-back on Sunday--I found some of the characters, including a dreamy anorexic named Cassie (Hannah Murray), starting to get under my own skin.