• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 16, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.7

1. Sep 18, 2013
    Lots to like here if this is your genre. Agree with what everyone else is saying fast -paced, good acting, nice cinematography. The over arching plot is interesting and has loads of potential to expand, though it does seem like a show where you have to watch to keep up with the mythology. There were a few clichéd, annoying plot elements early in the pilot but thankfully they cleaned them up and moved on before the hour was up. And one super minor blooper, the real village of Sleepy Hollow has a population of 9870. For the series, they used the Village of Sleepy Hollow sign but changed the pop. to 144,000, which is a city, not a village. Expand
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    An amazing, intense, creative horror action show that you can't help but love. This could be the best new show of the fall. It blends a classic story with age old myths and modern horror, and the result is scary and awesome.
  3. Oct 5, 2013
    This reminds the early supernatural scary as hell and take you to the whole new level of unpredictable horror.When theirs a startrek connection always can expect best and this time also no exception.Awesome cast nice plot with well managed dialogues and high tech effects,Probably the best new show of fall.
  4. Nov 24, 2013
    I love, love, love, the show it keeps me wating more. I love how it reference the bible. The actors are great and I think they have great chemistry it makes you believe the story. I look forward to more seasons
  5. Oct 1, 2013
    Awesome acting, awesome storyline, awesome special effects! Scary. The visuals are amazing and the story keeps you wanting more. This show is the bomb!
  6. Oct 16, 2013
    This show has had a lot of mixed reviews since its release in early September and I only came across it myself recently. This show is by far the best NEW release this fall and had me gripped from episode one and sweating with anticipation for the next! I agree and acknowledge that the show wont be for everyone especially with the strength of the mythological roots that it holds in each episode. Would definitely recommend to any horror action fan!

However due to the amount of mixed reviews, its not something I would bank on returning next year so if your looking for a series like supernatural or lost that will keep you entertained for a good few years, this is not the series for you. As always though this is not set in stone and for me is very much worth the risk.
  7. Apr 19, 2014
    Great show. The season is very good with a lot of suspense, action, drama, character development, and surprises. The end of season left me wanting more. However, I was confused during some parts of it, but everything is explained as the series progresses.
  8. Sep 24, 2013
    A mix of action, horror, and a touch of comedy. The main actor and actress are fairly good in their roles and the show provides a very nice hour of entertainment. I recommend watching this series, or at least give it a try.
  9. Sep 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just the best new TV show of this Fall Season. Has horror, suspense and comedy. Just perfect! I love the history!

The pilot it's just perfect. I can't imagine the next ones!
  10. Oct 16, 2013
    Really interesting! I love seeing Sleepy Hollow in a modern setting! Just seeing the headless horseman pick a shot gun was like "whoa"! It makes you see how much more dangerous it is for something like that in a modern time than it is an older time. The only reason I didn't give this show a 10 is because it does tend to jump around a bit which could cause a little bit of confusion to certain viewers but overall i like it. Can't wait to see more. Expand
  11. Oct 10, 2013
    Thank you Sleepy Hollow, thank you. Sleepy Hollow is the first and only show in a long time that involves DEMONS. ACTUAL DEMONS!!! Not Vampire, not werewolves, not zombies, not aliens, DEeeeemons!!! YES! And they are awesome. Like Hellboy. This show is a LOT more epic than you might think. The Horseman is not a headless dude riding around town killing people because he's evil. He's actually one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse signalling the beginning of the end of the world, so yeah. The writing is clever, witty and original. The cast is unique, likable and fun. Watch this show, you will like it. Expand
  12. Nov 9, 2013
    Sleepy hollow is a pretty awesome show that involves crime, drama, mystery and fantasy. I loved the first few episodes tho literally I fell asleep during episode 6.
  13. Mar 28, 2014
    While I can see why one might have had doubts over this show, after seeing many episodes I think the show is great. I think it's one of the best new shows out there. One thing I especially like is that unlike other shows (where some episodes don't really contribute to the overall story, and are somewhat random) every Sleepy Hollow episode adds something to the story arc or characters. Character development is pretty evident, such as seeing Ichabod become more and more stressful, worried and anxious, as the final battle between good and evil and possibly the apocalypse approaches.
    I honestly don't see why people criticize this show for being generic and cliched. I liked Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane (who's incredibly like-able as Ichabod Crane) and Nicole Beharie as Abbie Mills and seeing the two of them be partners. The entire cast is excellent. I like the plots of each episode and the modern retelling of the old legend. The show will scare you with the occasional creepy scene, but it also has funny dialogue in the script as well. I will eagerly wait for season two. This show looks very promising. (In case you were wondering, FOX renewed Sleepy Hollow for a second season. I think it'll have three seasons or The only complaint I have with this show (and pretty much every show) is that the episodes end a bit too conveniently; they're able to wrap up just before the hour is up. But that is a very minor complaint.
    If you liked this review, read my other ones on a wide selection of movies, TV shows, and videogames and mark this review as helpful.
  14. Feb 12, 2014
    Love this show! Naturally it has some flaws, and sometimes the storylines and arcs can be difficult to follow, but the cast and scripts have found the perfect balance of drama, humour, social commentary and history (albeit, not quite what you read in the history books!) Love the Apocalyptical theme. Just wish there was more Headless Horseman on screen... when he first uses that pump-action shot gun, I was hooked! Please, please, don't cancel this show. Keep the writing and the characters strong because, apart from Almost Human and Sherlock, Sleepy Hollow is the only show on the box worth watching. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Feb 13, 2014
    The mythology comes on hard and heavy in the first hour, but like ABC's blink-and-you-missed-it spring thriller "Zero Hour," it's ponderous yet silly.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    Sleepy Hollow has an interesting premise and some terrific CGI effects (re: the Headless Horseman), but I didn’t buy into the show’s mystical/mythological/sci-fi overtones, a mishmash of history, witchcraft and muddled Biblical prophesy that left me confused instead of intrigued.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Sep 26, 2013
    It’s a program that bounces around tonally and narratively, never feeling like its head is in the right place to know where it wants to go.