Smallville : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 16, 2001
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10
7.3

1. Jun 16, 2011
    I've been watching Smallville since it premiered in 2001. This is a great show full of action and romance. I can't get enough. I wish it wasn't over :( If u decide you want to start watching the series on Netflix just know it gets so much better.
  2. Mar 17, 2011
    This is series has so much character development. We still have the episode short story but with far more character arcs. Lana Lang is still sappy and annoying & it's still hard to see what Clark Kent sees in her. Unfortunately we see less of Chloe this season who is arguably one of Smallville's most intriguing characters. A story arc does seem to have been seeded for her at the end ofThis is series has so much character development. We still have the episode short story but with far more character arcs. Lana Lang is still sappy and annoying & it's still hard to see what Clark Kent sees in her. Unfortunately we see less of Chloe this season who is arguably one of Smallville's most intriguing characters. A story arc does seem to have been seeded for her at the end of this season, so hopefully we'll see much more of her in Season 3. It was a treat for fans to have Christopher Reeve guest-starring as Doctor Virgil Swan. He was in a knowledgable role about our hero which was a must for those of us who automatically think of Christopher Reeve when the name Superman comes up. All in all this season furthered the first and improved upon it. One criticism, the theme music, sound effects and background music are atrocious. Very unfortunate. Expand
  3. Jul 6, 2013
    This season is very well done and an improvement on the first. There is a memorable cameo from Christopher Reeve in ''Rosetta'' Lionel Luthor's presence is a lot bigger in this season which in turn adds to Lex's character and while most of the episodes are still fairly standalone, there is an arc running through this season about Clark learning where he came from. All of this makes for aThis season is very well done and an improvement on the first. There is a memorable cameo from Christopher Reeve in ''Rosetta'' Lionel Luthor's presence is a lot bigger in this season which in turn adds to Lex's character and while most of the episodes are still fairly standalone, there is an arc running through this season about Clark learning where he came from. All of this makes for a better show. Expand
  4. Feb 7, 2013
    As you are probably already aware Smallville tells the story of Clark Kent before he moves to Metropolis and becomes Superman. The first season, although repetitive at times, was entertaining enough to bring audiences back for more and an increased focus on longer story arcs in the shows second year is a big improvement.

There are still a number forgettable episodes but a reduction in

There are still a number forgettable episodes but a reduction in the amount of predictable 'Monster of the Week' features is more than welcome largely as it allows for an increased focus on the relationship between Clark and his future nemesis Lex Luthor. The development of these two characters has always been the series strongest aspect and it is pleasing to see it given more screen time here. Unlike much of season one the show also really begins to feel as if it is building towards something bigger before reaching an excellent climax in the later episodes with a cliff hanger that will certainly bring you back for more.

The script may lack the pace or humour of shows like Buffy or Supernatural and can often come across as slightly melodramatic (particular what is quickly becoming an annoying love triangle between Clark, Lana and Chloe) but season two of Smallville has enough going for it to make a fairly entertaining watch.

There are no critic reviews yet.