• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 6, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
6.2

1. Apr 14, 2013
    Season 2 is a remarkable improvement over the first, with actually worthwhile characters being introduced while the lousy ones are gone. There are still issues with the tone and some of the acting, but I think the change of showrunner was a very good decision. I hope it lasts at least one more season.
  2. Oct 5, 2012
    I love watching Smash. My daughter and I could not wait each week for the next episode and we are dying to find out when season 2 will be starting. Please hurry. Every single cast member is great and I look forward to seeing Jennifer Hudson on Smash.
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    in the first episode, they answered questions concerning what happened to characters that were cut from the show-Dev, Michael Ellis --this needed to be done! they introduced us to some new cast members who just might steal the show. LOVED ALL the musical numbers as this is what SMASH is ALL ABOUT!! anyone who bad mouths the talent on this show is crazy! every cast member isin the first episode, they answered questions concerning what happened to characters that were cut from the show-Dev, Michael Ellis --this needed to be done! they introduced us to some new cast members who just might steal the show. LOVED ALL the musical numbers as this is what SMASH is ALL ABOUT!! anyone who bad mouths the talent on this show is crazy! every cast member is incredible! i think the 'new show', Hit List with Karen Jimmy is gonna be the best part of season 2!!!! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Feb 8, 2013
    Until, and unless, all the elements fall into place, it's more smush than smash. [18 Feb 2013, p.41]
    Smash got the memo from viewers. I don’t think they read all of it, necessarily, but at least they got it, and they’ve changed just enough to raise the series from a C+ to a B. So: progress.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Feb 5, 2013
    It is less accidentally ridiculous, and more knowingly, willfully campy, less pretentious, but also, for better and worse, less likely to include a Bollywood dance number.