Sons of Anarchy : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 3, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.4

1. Oct 15, 2010
    This review contains spoilers. I'll admit, i was on the fence with season 1. Sure, it was a pretty cool show, but some bits just didn't work for me.

Then came season 2

From the first ep, you can tell this season will be chock full with moments that will change the show, what with Gemma's rape, the ongoing rift between Jax and Clay (including their big fight in prison, yes, they go to prison) and a few murders here and there, it delivers much more than season 1 did.

If you were on the fence like me for the first season, trust me, season 2 will make you love this show in all its testosterone-filled awesomeness. And season 3 looks to be even better, as this season ends with IRA member stealing Jaxs baby boy

Bring it on!
  2. Aug 29, 2013
    Still one of my favorite shows on TV. Every episode leaves you wanting more and with each twist and turn, the more you the viewer gets invested into the club.
  3. Aug 8, 2010
    Season two of SAMCRO started of with a bang (unlike anything I've ever seen on a serialized drama) and just kept delivering week after week. Katy Segal is a force of nature. I'm not sure what's holding people back from this show, but it's currently one of the 2 or 3 best things on TV (with Mad Men & Fringe, I'd say). If you're male and not watching this show, you're missing the boat.
  4. EloiP.
    Sep 9, 2009
    Clearly the best show on television right now. (Because The Wire and Homicide are now gone.) It's the best reason to sit down, turn off the phone, and just get lost in the mayhem. Nobody messes with SAMCRO!
  5. BradC
    Oct 27, 2009
    Best TV series I have ever watched. i thought The Wire could never be beaten but I was wrong.
  6. nicolet.
    Sep 10, 2009
    I love this show!!! I have been hooked since season 1, episode 1! Katy Segal makes the show what it is!
  7. KeithS.
    Sep 10, 2009
    Truly a page out of the Biker handbook ! A+ for the Shield,never thought we would EVER, be able to reach the peaks that the Shield did. Well I'm happy to say as a Biker, we reached the SUMMIT ! A++ your friend and follower "SHERM-DAWG"
  8. MichelleS
    Sep 9, 2009
    The second season opener was great. The energy is high and love the fact that Jax is stepping out of his shell. The involvement of the white supremists is a fresh addition to other stereotype criminal enties (Mayans & OneNiners).
  9. MissyJ
    Nov 1, 2009
    I love the show! The show is definitely not lacking excitement. I love the fact the women are just as tough as the men.
  10. tomw
    Nov 1, 2009
    this is the only series on tv that I look for on a regular basis. it's so good it can't be missed.
  11. philipw
    Oct 8, 2009
    One of the really good edgy, well written, character driven shows on cable.
  12. SimonL
    Sep 9, 2009
    Truly excellent writing, direction, acting and cinematography. This is going to be an amazing season.
  13. bobo
    Nov 23, 2009
    One of the three best shows on television (along with Mad Men and 24)
  14. ErnieM
    Oct 14, 2009
    Captivating writing where all the characters are interesting and the storytelling riveting. I hate stoies where everything is black andwhite. Gray is what real life is about.
  15. Sep 4, 2010
    The first season of SOA was pretty good, but had some problems such as some rough spots in the dialogue and an occasionally immature sense of humor. Season two gets rid of these problems while building tremendously on the first seasons strengths and adding some neat twists. The show now feels a lot more cohesive as all of its characters are now well developed and the relationships betweenThe first season of SOA was pretty good, but had some problems such as some rough spots in the dialogue and an occasionally immature sense of humor. Season two gets rid of these problems while building tremendously on the first seasons strengths and adding some neat twists. The show now feels a lot more cohesive as all of its characters are now well developed and the relationships between them add substantially to the season's ever-twisting, but never convoluted plot line. Expand
  16. Apr 15, 2015
    Sons of Anarchy’s first season took a few episodes to find its rhythm but, following its enthralling finale, this second season hits the ground running from the opening episode.

Plenty of credit for this must be given to the writers. The few minor flaws that held back the first season, particularly in its early episodes, have been well and truly put to bed as they brilliantly capture the current plight of SAMCRO. Of course good writing itself is not enough and fortunately the entire cast deliver performances to match. As a result even those characters that at first felt a little one note, such as Police Chief Unser, gradually unveil their hidden depths making for superb drama that builds throughout the thirteen episodes to a satisfying finale.

Can’t wait to see what Season 3 will bring.
  17. Jan 13, 2012
    I should be promoted as a Club member by now since being a loyal follower of the show. Still Rockin show! SOA is Survival of the Fittest! A stereotype of biker gangs in the way Hollywood portrays. Exaggerated reality!
  18. Dec 16, 2012
    this show contains lots of drama with very well drawn out characters that you care about. It is also very violent.
    this next part includes mega spoilers
    Season 1 ended with a huge bang and left us begging to know what happens next. Lucky for me im only getting into the show and its already on its 5th season so i don't have to deal with the nagging anticipation i can just pop season 2
    this next part includes mega spoilers
    Season 1 ended with a huge bang and left us begging to know what
    happens next. Lucky for me im only getting into the show and its
    already on its 5th season so i don't have to deal with the nagging
    anticipation i can just pop season 2 in and see what happens. Damn they
    did not hold nothing back, season 1 ended with a bang and season 2
    started off the same way and doesn't hold anything back. I couldn't
    believe they raped Gemma! that was crazy and i thought it was kind of
    funny that at the beginning of every episode when they say "previously
    on sons of anarchy" we have to sit through her rape every time. Kind of
    funny in a sick king of way. This season introduced and new gang in
    town as well and they were relentless in their attack on the sons.
    Meanwhile the sons are breaking down from within and the whole time i
    kept wondering how the hell they were going to get through this and who
    would survive. In the end its the rape that brings everyone together
    and finally everyones secrets get out and they are all one big happy
    family until the end of the season once again leaves us not knowing
    where the club will go next. This season upped the ante and through so
    many more curve balls that the characters have grown even more and its
    nerve racking to see them get thrown into all these crazy situations. I
    like how Jax's old lady has changed quite a bit by the end of this
    season, i did not like her at all in season 1 but she has now started
    to get a bit better, shes still got some work to do but for now shes at
    least not annoying the hell outta me. You know im glad they got some of
    the enemies and it angers me that some got away but just the fact that
    this movie brings out so many emotions is a huge achievement for
    everyone involved. One weird little thing that i've noticed about this
    show now though is that whenever a character who doesn't normally get a
    lot of attention is focused on at the beginning of an episode it usually
    means that something bad is going to happen. For example it might have
    been season 1 but the junky that worked at the shop...one episode it
    showed him at the beginning with his son and then later in the episode
    he nearly gets killed, same happens with the end of season 2 when they
    are talking about patching in prospect and then he dies at the end of
    the episode(which totally sucks by the way), its kind of a cheap way of them making us care more about
    that character before something dramatic happens to them. Not a big
    deal just kind of obvious and i watch for it now. All in all though
    season 2 steps up the intensity and once again i look forward to
    further seasons to come.
  19. Oct 31, 2012
    One of my personal favorite seasons of television and gave me reasons to believe this series was going to be awesome. Ever since this season though, the show gets increasingly unrealistic and just down right ridiculous at times with absolutely no consequences to anyone actions. This season was far and away their best, with a great performance out of Peg Bundy AkA Gemma, the clubs DenOne of my personal favorite seasons of television and gave me reasons to believe this series was going to be awesome. Ever since this season though, the show gets increasingly unrealistic and just down right ridiculous at times with absolutely no consequences to anyone actions. This season was far and away their best, with a great performance out of Peg Bundy AkA Gemma, the clubs Den Mother. Also great are Henry Rollins and most of the SAMCRO group. The writing is tight, the surprises are all there, the action is well filmed, and the characters are not one dimensional. Im not sure what happened to the show, I know other writers have gone on to other shows such as walking dead. Who ever came up with this season needs to get back into the writing crew of this show. Expand
  20. Dec 12, 2014
    The actors really came into their own during this season. You can see how Charlie really matured in his character. Love the show! Well worth the time to binge watch them all, you wont be disappointed!
  21. Aug 23, 2014
    This season is the craziest I have ever seen. It started with fire (a lot if you may ask), which is something unusual for a TV series. Anyway, this season is even better than the first because it develops Gemma and her relationship with Tara and Jax in interesting and clever way. And the season finale is my favourite episode of the whole series.
  22. Sep 22, 2014
    This show never got the credit it deserved. I think Jax Teller Biker Vest as same as old one because I have Sons of Anarchy Vest which I actually bought from "Slimfit Jackets" online store.
  23. Feb 20, 2015
    Sons of Anarchy's ruthless villains, memorable characters, and entertaining story just begin to create a electrifying experience for everyone Tuesday nights

Morrow is either a dinosaur on the way out or the rock-solid leader the club needs in treacherous times. It's to the show's credit that both descriptions have a certain amount of validity, and I found myself alternately applauding Jax's newfound boldness and regretting his youthful heedlessness.
  2. As Sutter proved in the intriguing and original first season, there's plenty more riveting storytelling to tap into as Sons of Anarchy boldly comes of age.
  3. Reviewed by: Stuart Levine
    Sutter, a writer and producer on "The Shield," fully understands the power of violence in getting a point across, yet the premiere's closing sequence runs a very fine line between demonstrating the neo-Nazis' brutality and a gratuitous display.