Sons of Anarchy : Season 3

• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 3, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

1. Oct 4, 2011
    I own and LOVED the first 2 season....and the first few episodes of Season 3, after that it was TERRIBLE. I was very disappointed but season 4 is good again so im backing paying full attention to the show. I was interested in what people said about this season so i had to come check it out.
  2. Jun 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show has turned into utter bollocks, the first two seasons were very good and paced really well, but this missing baby storyline is a joke, the characters have become overly sentimental and schmaltzy which is difficult to reconcile with the uncompromising action a show of this nature needs. Season 2 was more subtle and was a good examination of conflict tearing people apart, the characters were developing and were interesting, they have now turned into soundbite gimps, the creators have severely erred in trying to reconcile a fictional conflicts of a biker gang with a real world conflict of the IRA without any attempt to create even an iota a sense of realism or use skillful tact, (its difficult to see how a biker gang could make such in roads to the IRA when whole arms of government have tried and failed) The outcome of which is to turn a decent and interesting show into farce. In short the show has become boring in the end i stopped watching the show and looked on wiki for the outcome. Expand
  3. Mar 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season is such a huge let down. The characters are running around making stupid and out of character decisions. These are supposed to be hardened bikers are they not? What father would just sit around calmly while his infant son was missing? I'm not a hardened criminal but I'd start shooting people in the head until I got my son back and damn the consequences. Getting an out of some serious murder charges and then throwing it all away by fleeing the country? Jemma got raped and didn't talk and then she doesn't have enough self control to stay in the States until her charges were removed? How many times did the Sons get ambushed in this season before they started to suspect that something was wrong? Maybe the writers should put away the crayons. This season is garbage. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    The darker and more complicated life gets for the Sons, the better the TV show tends to be. And based on the four episodes I've seen, Sons is still at the incredible level it achieved a year ago, when it became one of the best dramas on television.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    It's a good show, powerfully acted--especially by Katy Segal as tough mama Gemma--and true to its convictions. [20 Sep 2010, p.52]
  3. Certainly, the show is still exciting and thoughtful in the way that it disassembles many pat notions we may have of tribe loyalty, family bonds, and the treachery of the business world.