Sons of Anarchy : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 3, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.4

1. Oct 19, 2016
    The show is addictive, definitely, but it's hard to work out why. Each episode is like the missions you get on Grand Theft Auto: "yeah, I'd love to help, but I gotta problem with this guy/group. Help me out and I'll help you out". The acting wasn't very good throughout and I've been all over Ireland and have never heard anyone with the Irish accents in this show. They were embarrassinglyThe show is addictive, definitely, but it's hard to work out why. Each episode is like the missions you get on Grand Theft Auto: "yeah, I'd love to help, but I gotta problem with this guy/group. Help me out and I'll help you out". The acting wasn't very good throughout and I've been all over Ireland and have never heard anyone with the Irish accents in this show. They were embarrassingly bad. Also all the affection between the sons was pretty cringey. Still, plenty of action in it to make up for all the garbage in between. Expand
  2. Jan 24, 2016
    This show has a lot of promise but it disappoints. This is supposed to be about a ruthless biker gang yet no-one in the gang looks intimidating if you added some actors who are like 6'4" and muscly but don't say anything it would improve it a lot. The character development though is brilliant but not quite good enough to warrant it a higher score.
  3. Sep 4, 2014
    I had high hopes for this show. Sadly, the first season of SOA has been a huge disappointment. The characters don't have much depth, the plots twists are at times laughable (no, I really did laugh out loud on several occasions) and, in season 1, you could see some plot developments coming from a mile away. I don't really care about any of the characters after watching all 13 episodes and II had high hopes for this show. Sadly, the first season of SOA has been a huge disappointment. The characters don't have much depth, the plots twists are at times laughable (no, I really did laugh out loud on several occasions) and, in season 1, you could see some plot developments coming from a mile away. I don't really care about any of the characters after watching all 13 episodes and I got to the point that I found that the way Jax walks annoys me. I'll try season 2 in the hopes that it gets better.

This is not a good example of the "New Golden Age of Cable."
  4. Nov 24, 2010
    Watched first 3 episodes, but not the pilot. High point is Katey Sagal. Predictable soap opera with laughably unbelievable story situations. Not enough budget for the production values their stories require.
  5. BrianC.
    Sep 16, 2008
    Not great. Son's is obviously modeled on the Soprano's, which would be great if the show were better. There is nothing in these characters to love, its just a nasty bunch, making it hard to root for them. Its ok, but not great, I removed the Season Pass from my Tivo after episode 2.
  6. AmberH.
    Sep 6, 2008
    It just sucks, not worth watching.

It's grindhouse and art house, and it carries itself as if it doesn't give a damn what you think of it. And its infuriating push-pull quality is still fascinating.
    Sons of Anarchy is bloody, disturbing and maniacally addictive.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Trade press has labeled this "'Easy Rider' Meets 'The Sopranos,'" which seems apt. Show comes from Kurt Sutter, longtime co-executive producer of "The Shield" (and married to Sagal) so that should give you a sense of tone and texture - violent, taut, well written.