• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 3, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
8.8

1. Nov 24, 2010
    Watched first 3 episodes, but not the pilot. High point is Katey Sagal. Predictable soap opera with laughably unbelievable story situations. Not enough budget for the production values their stories require.
  2. Jan 30, 2013
    Not cure how the critics have been hammering this show so bad.I like the unpredictability, the violence, the characters developing over the spanning seasons as well as Segal as the matriarch of the family. Casting is spot on. I also realize it has become a male's version of a soap opera and I'm full guilt for falling for it.
  3. Jul 11, 2013
    After struggling through season 1, we really wanted to like this show but time and time again watching it became more of a chore than anything else.
    Unlike many current shows I enjoy watching, Sons of Anarchy assumes the viewer does not have a brain. Nothing actually happens in this show and when it does, it is so brief that if you blink you might miss it. Even if you don’t miss it, I
    wonder what the point of it was anyways because it adds no real value to the story.
    All we see is a bunch of guys hanging out, drinking, cheating on their wives and shooting guns. From time to time they go on these “missions” which are forgotten about in the next episode and have very little significance.

I tried very hard to care about the characters but I cannot. They are so two dimensional that I just could not care less. Maybe I do not understand the way of life of being in a biker gang, but I thought that a show like this was supposed to educate you on a way of life different than your own. It tries to I guess but it struggles and miserably fails.

If you enjoy brainless TV then this show might be for you because to enjoy it, you literally have to shut off your brain and prepare yourself for the garbage. But if you actually enjoy shows that make you think, that have character development and that ties together a cohesive story outside of sitting around the living room drinking beer then I suggest you do not waste your time.
  4. Dec 4, 2010
    Great show. I've been watching this since it first released. Just watched the Season 3 finale and I'm very pleased and can't wait for the next season.
  5. Apr 21, 2011
    Leave it to FX to prove to us that just because it is on cable tv, doesn't means it's bad. This show was beautifully crafted from the word go. It has heart, excellent dialogue and yes it is catchy and you can dance to it. My partner and I plowed through both seasons one and two with a wrecking ball and are anxious for the third season to be released on DVD. Katy Segal is more than breathtaking in this role, she is this role. She and Ron Pearlman make the most delightful and surprisingly adorable couple. Overall this show is fantastic and I highly recommend it. Expand
  6. Jun 25, 2012
    This is by far the best show on television. I have never been so captivated by a television show before. The acting is phenomenal and I have never wished so much for characters to be real. Charlie Hunnam, Maggie Siff, and Katey Sagal are outstanding and the other actors are all believable as well. I literally dream about the show at night when I am done watching it. My obsession is getting a little out of hand. Too bad Jax Teller isn't a real person. Collapse
  7. Sep 11, 2012
    This is my favorite show on television. It isgritty, intense, and develops characters that are unique. They are slimy, dark men trying to make a living for their club and families the best way they know how. I can't wait for the next season to come out!
  8. Dec 29, 2012
    After hearing an onslaught of how "great" this show was, I decided to give it a chance. So I watched the first 2 seasons... I can't say I really want to continue with it. It's too cliche, unrealistic, and boring. Apparently the writers of this show have never heard of a "line-up", often times in the show they smash up entire stores, steal cars etc, meanwhile plenty of people are watching. Them having a one horse town police department in their pocket,isn't going to stop the justice system. Someone files an internal affairs complaint with that department I guarantee the feds would be swarming. The plot has no real direction, this gang blows up this gangs crap, and then they retaliate. There's no real rhyme or reason for the show just a bunch of wannabe thugs riding motorcycles. Ehh but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Expand
  9. Dec 23, 2013
    Best show on TV! This show doesn't get any recognition. It baffles me it hasn't won any awards. The writing is unbelievable. Every week you sit on the edge of your seat. There are scenes you cry you city like a baby. Let alone Charlie Hunnam deserves some recognition for his acting on the finale. He was phenomenal.
  10. May 15, 2014
    The cast is great but the plot lines are terrible. Each episode sees characters doing stupid unrealistic things that make no sense at all. They get in to a new mess at every turn and you just find yourself shouting at the screen: "Why would you do that!?!?!" They are meant to be a hard core biker gang, yet they keep letting enemies live when they have them at gun point only to get shot in the back by the same enemies in the next scene. No one seems to learn! It's enraging and aimed at brainless soap opera fans who just have to have something to watch regardless of if it makes any sense!

I’m giving it 3 stars just because I think the cast is great. Nothing else about this program is.
  11. Aug 23, 2010
    it took me a while to finally check out sons of anarchy, and man was i shocked. fantastic show! acting is great, and the story keeps my interest... this show pushing "the shield" as fx's best drama series to date! i can not wait for season 3.
  12. Mar 30, 2012
    i'll cut to the chase with this review. best series of sons of anarchy yet. the story is written so well i felt as desperate as jax did in his journey to find abel. great ending to the series as well
  13. Sep 9, 2010
    Not bad, but it lacks the complexity and nuance of season 2, and the dialogue and writing get a bit predictable and soap opera-y in spots. Overall, an entertaining, but not quite stellar first season for a show that would soon join the ranks of modern TV's best.
  14. Oct 24, 2012
    I want to heap so much praise on this gripping and wonderfully written show. Sons is one of the very best cable offerings, the lead actors have depth and complexity and a slew of excellent guest stars (like the incomparable Walter Goggins in a tour de force portrayal of a transsexual call 'girl') make this a must watch provided you have a strongish stomach. 5 stars all the way
  15. Jul 30, 2012
    One of the best tv shows i've ever seen. It has everything. The characters are very interesting and the show keeps you glued to the screen as you watch with what happens in each of the characters life and the motorbike club. I can only recommend this show, nothing wrong with it at all. Best acting in a show too. The best cast for this type of show aswell. So many details in the show and scenes it'll only leave you satisfied after each episode is over. Kurt Sutter is a genious. He even went out for sometime to stay with a motorbike club before producing the first episodes. That's dedication. Well done Kurt. You deserve endless grammy's in my book. Expand
  16. Sep 4, 2011
    Best of the Best. Strong story, not overly done, characters are very strong and even though theya re abd, you feel for them. This is my favorite show I have ever watched. End of story.
  17. Mar 31, 2011
    this is by far one of the BEST shows ever . that's all I'm going to say if I go on it would be all spoilers . .
  18. Jul 3, 2011
    Buy Sons of Anarchy DVD at the Sons of Anarchy more DVD in dvdboxroom.com
    It's very Good DVD! Believe me, because I bought, I feel really good!
    It's very Good DVD! Believe me, because I bought, I feel really good!
  19. Sep 7, 2011
    OMG a total 10!!!!! It totally delivered can not wait to see how Season 4 plays out. I hope they get rid of the mayor like they did with Stal he needs to go!!!!!!
  20. Oct 1, 2011
    The worst show I've seen of late. Ranks together with "The Borgias". Terrible acting, no purpose or rationale to the plot. Bad direction. Trying too hard to be cool with characters that the audience are not really compelled to care about. Couldnt finish the 1st episode. Trash.
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    Absolutely the BEST TV show to come out of the states since The Sopranos

I got Season 1 out of curiosity cause it was cheap and my love for the â
  22. Feb 9, 2012
    The main downfall that the first season of Sons of Anarchy has is in the writing. The dialogue can often be rather pedestrian, and the dramatic moments are generally pretty contrived and histrionic. However, the acting is brilliant (Perlman and Sagal are stand-outs), and the impressive depth of the characters helps ease you through the hammier moments of the script. The action that naturally comes with the biker premise is well done; although there could probably be a little more of it. Overall, a good start to the series. Recommended to fans of The Sopranos that perhaps want something similar, albeit not as heavy. Expand
  23. Jan 13, 2012
    Sign me up to be a PROSPECT!...I drunk the Kool-Aide. Sopranos of the biker gang. All warrior alpha-male! The females are loyal and tough but sexy. Its modern Sparta 300 toned down...THIS - - IS - - SAM - - CROW!!
  24. Nov 7, 2012
    An amazing show. Realistic (the scenarist have been in a motorcycle club before writing the plot), captivating.. The actors are freaking awesome. Even if you're not really into bikes/bikers, just try to see the first episodes and you won't be disappointed. With a scenario that doesn't reveal all the "mythology" and has no timeout, you'll want to have your own Harley and have a beer with them.
  25. Aug 19, 2013
    Amazing first season of Sons of Anarchy. The show is filled with thrills, action, and makes you care about the characters right out of the gate. One of the most successful opening seasons I have seen.
  26. Oct 29, 2013
    Oh my God, why didn't anybody think of this sooner! A show about bikers! Tough, independent, sexy, All- American outlaws riding Harleys and kicking butt! But wait, don't they mostly make their money from manufacturing and selling crank, a highly addictive and harmful substance that is killing the soul of blue collar America? Yeah, and I think they may also run drugged out, abused young white slaves for prostitution. Hmm, maybe not such great American heroes after all. But wait, they run guns right? Now that IS cool and All-American, kill, kill, death, death, yeah! Problem solved, they're ultra cool biker who ONLY run guns, no crank or underage whores. Expand
  27. Dec 31, 2012
    Love it. Great show. I've been able to get into all the characters which I find hard with a lot of TV these days. But have enjoyed this series a lot. I found that I was always looking forward to the next episode and was trying to guess ahead the plot line. The show definately deserves more praise then some of the crap on our tv screens these days.
  28. Jan 17, 2013
    This is one of televisions most talked about cable series of the year, and it deserves the recognition. Sons of Anarchy puts viewers on the edge of their seats simply by showcasing the dynamic interactions between characters with strong convictions, alternative moralities and deep connections to one another. Jax Teller, the anti-hero of the series, is easily relatable. His struggle between his family life and club life is clear and continues to create more divergence as the show goes on. Furthermore, the other club members of SAMCRO have their own sub-plots which cause viewers to root for them and the club overall, even if they are in the wrong.

What I like best about the show, and is a recurring theme throughout the series, is the rivalry between Jax and his sinister Father in Law, Clay Morrow. It
  29. Apr 21, 2013
    best show period right there with breaking bad lol worth watching im not even a biker are nothing show straight gangstA is just great ALL AROUND if i havent seen it yet start from season 1
  30. Jan 11, 2014
    Very well thought out and executed show, absolutely enthralling once you get hooked, first couple of episodes it was trying to find its feet and catch a lot of people up on outlaw life and unfortunately to people with not patience (see negative reviews)it lost some people, it is certainly worth a watch and the latest season (season 6) is true anarchy a lot of the time, see trailer link attached. cant wait for the final season will sorely miss it, but glad they are sticking to the arc that Sutter designed at the very beginning which is great.

It's grindhouse and art house, and it carries itself as if it doesn't give a damn what you think of it. And its infuriating push-pull quality is still fascinating.
    Sons of Anarchy is bloody, disturbing and maniacally addictive.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Trade press has labeled this "'Easy Rider' Meets 'The Sopranos,'" which seems apt. Show comes from Kurt Sutter, longtime co-executive producer of "The Shield" (and married to Sagal) so that should give you a sense of tone and texture - violent, taut, well written.