Sordid Lives: The Series : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 23, 2008
8.2

1. ThomasW.
    Nov 16, 2008
    We can't fault it for being too short! That means we love it! It's such a fun show, and there are few shows with such a large ensemble that are all equally incredible!!
  2. BobH.
    Oct 30, 2008
    This show is the highlight of my week. I am from TN and the characters are so correct, I know it is supposed to be in Texas. I love the fact that it is REAL and not glossed and airbrushed. This is good TV. I can't wait til it starts again.
  3. ChadG.
    Oct 30, 2008
    The cast is great esp. Sissy (Beth Grant). I do think there are too many story lines to follow. They gay story in LA is dated and does not fit with the Texas story. Call waiting episode is a classic. A guilty pleasure!!
  4. BartW
    Aug 30, 2008
    The acting is uneven and erratic. (Particularly Ty). Episodes are too short and choppy (need to be a full hour). But there ARE some great laughs. It's a bit campy and the emotional outburts are definitely over the top, making it something of a charicature. That makes it hard to make Ty's "coming out" as seriously as it's played. It's hard to go from campy to empathetic The acting is uneven and erratic. (Particularly Ty). Episodes are too short and choppy (need to be a full hour). But there ARE some great laughs. It's a bit campy and the emotional outburts are definitely over the top, making it something of a charicature. That makes it hard to make Ty's "coming out" as seriously as it's played. It's hard to go from campy to empathetic in 10 seconds. Expand
  5. BruceP.
    Aug 17, 2008
    Love it! Fantastic show in every aspect!!!
  6. JoseP.
    Aug 14, 2008
    Hysterically funny, white-trash characters and saucy scripts that make me howl!
  7. TerryB.
    Aug 1, 2008
    This is a VERY funny show! It not only exploits all of the "virtuous" things in every small town U.S.A., but it points out that everyone - rich or poor - has issues with which they struggle every day. The writing is sensational, the tongue-in-cheek dark comedy is very biting, and there are many laughs to be had. GREAT SERIES! I hope they do another season after the initial series!
  8. CarlW.
    Jul 25, 2008
    Too short and too many commercials from logo.
  9. LaneT.
    Jul 24, 2008
    This show is the best comedy on TV!!!

Sordid Lives: The Series has a decidedly amateurish tone, with shoddy production values and acting that shows some seams. But the tone works in the show's favor.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ari Karpel
    Del Shores brings his movie and stage show about crazy Texan Women and slightly-less-crazy gay men to TV with a cavalcade of camp icons and brilliant, canon-ready Beth Grant. [25 Jul 2008, p.64]
  3. Shores has created a funny, loopy, off-kilter comedy that, truth be told, probably would play just as well on other cable channels, including Comedy Central and TV Land.