South Park : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
8.6

1. Nov 7, 2010
    It is one of the funniest, well written, and smartly done shows ever made. Matt and Trey's ability to take current events and turn them into hysterical and eye opening view points is a talent that no one else could do best. Here's to more good episodes, and to more good times with the foul mouthed 9 year olds!
  2. Nov 2, 2010
    This show is great. The show takes real world situations that need addressing and it then over exaggerates the situations and packages them in a hilarious way. Every episode gets at least 4 big laughs out of me. People who don't find it funny at all are either too young or stupid or both to understand the political and social innuendos the show contains.
  3. Jan 14, 2011
    Anybody who doesn't find this show funny has absolutely NO sense of humour whatsoever. One of the greatest comedy shows of all time. And Comedy Central's best.
  4. Jun 23, 2012
    This is one of the funniest well written shows out there, there is no way in hell anything comes even close.
    Matt and Trey make every episode funny. Of course some episodes are not that funny but 90% of them are. I got to say though i liked Eric Cartmans voice a lot more in the beginning seasons, but he is still my favorite character.
    And for the south park fans who didn't see Matt and

And for the south park fans who didn't see Matt and Trey's movie (BASEketball) i really really recommend it.
  5. Apr 25, 2013
    Trey Parker and Matt Stone's crapmation show may have offensive and controversial content in there, however it is also one of the funniest and smartest animated shows out there.
  6. Jan 24, 2014
    What people seem to not understand, is in addition to shock-humor and immature comedy, this show is mainly political and social commentary. It please immature fans with the first two mentioned comedic standards, and reaches to a more more mature, grown up audience with its political satire. I love this show, and if you look at it right, you will too.
  7. Apr 28, 2011
    Awesome show. It is downright insane to me, that there are some individuals out there who lack any sense of humor and would rate this show anything below a 10. Sure, the show is bold and crosses comedic boundaries but so the **** what- that is what makes it so genius.
  8. Jul 16, 2011
    First few seasons are much funnier than the recent ones, whilst animation might be a bit crude, this will bring laughs every episode
  9. Mar 17, 2014
    South Park is stupid, and it knows it. Quite often only by sitting through two racist Canadian stereotypes farting on one another can you get some of the most blatant, intelligent morals and speeches delivered by people who clearly couldn't care less if you like them or not. Every part of me recommends this show, the censored version over all less to get the more detailed and clever humorSouth Park is stupid, and it knows it. Quite often only by sitting through two racist Canadian stereotypes farting on one another can you get some of the most blatant, intelligent morals and speeches delivered by people who clearly couldn't care less if you like them or not. Every part of me recommends this show, the censored version over all less to get the more detailed and clever humor if you want to skip over the meaningless curses. Expand
  10. May 1, 2016
    This show is hilarious! Parker and Stone describe daily life in a simple and rude way. This show cracks you so hard, you will laugh when you're ASLEEP :")
  11. Oct 9, 2010
    The complete first season of South Park is hilarious, clever and raunchy. While admittedly South Park isn't for everyone, it's one of the funniest shows in television history and definitely worth your time!
  12. Mar 3, 2011
    Easily one of the funniest and most iconic TV shows ever created. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have kept the funny coming for over 13 years now. An entire episode is written and produced in less than a week allowing the writers to keep the material fresh and relevant.
  13. Jun 12, 2013
    I have no problem with comedy shows that push the boundaries of decency and have often found myself laughing at shows like It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia or Family Guy. For me however South Park’s particular brand of crude humour has never been all that funny with the show seemingly often just setting out to see what they can get away with.

South Park may be very popular but it’ll

South Park may be very popular but it’ll never be something I’ll want to watch.
  14. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best shows ever made and my 2nd favorite animated show behind family guy. It is well written and the comedy is spot on. It's awesome.......
  15. May 27, 2013
    this show just needs to end it used to be good the story lines that they are coming up with are just so retarded some of it is it just seems like they are recycling older episodes
  16. Jan 27, 2012
    The storylines for the newer episodes are getting dumber every time. Think of the episode that was based on Jersey Shore. Jersey Shore is just a fad for today's idiots. It won't last that long. Same with the Jersey Shore South Park episode. Let's see if anyone will remember that episode well in let's say... 5 years.
  17. Apr 18, 2011
    This Is The Worst Show I HAVE EVER SEEN!
    Really Annoying.. The Script Is Boring,, Not Even A Chuckle In The Show!
    This Is The WORST SHOW EVER MADE!
    0!
  18. Apr 7, 2011
    Horrible and the most offensive show I have ever watched. Besides it's nothing but a right wing libertarian show, and Matt and Trey are a bunch of idiots if they think their show is awesome.
  19. Aug 3, 2012
    Terrible. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible! This show is complete rubbish. Terrible characters, terrible stories and terrible humour. Its so bad I honestly dont know what to say. Terrible.
  20. May 21, 2011
    Great kickoff for a irresistible TV show.

Highlights of the season :
    Cartman Gets an Anal Probe
    An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig
    Death
    Starvin Marvin
    Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut
  21. Apr 28, 2012
    I've loved South Park for a long time. I *used* to find it hillarious. Well, with new episodes I find them un-funny and completely shockingly written. Such as, the episode "Jewpacabra". This episode simply wasn't funny. It was far too serious and there wasn't enough characters making fun of jews.

However, and episode such as "Cash for Gold" was brilliant. It was hillarious, funny and probably one of the best episodes I've seen. I think in this episode South Park went back to its roots.

South Park is like a roller-coaster. Sometimes they're at the bottom, sometimes at the top.

I want them to be at the top all the time. (Which, to be fair wouldn't make a very exciting roller-coaster.)
  22. May 6, 2012
    I liked this show back in what I thought were the glory days, but these past season 12-16 i have noticed it hasn't been true to its audience and trying to hard to go mainstream and get approval from critics and the general media. Don't get me wrong the show is clever and mostly comical but nothing funny like the old seasons which was painted with raunchy laugh out loud humor, now its justI liked this show back in what I thought were the glory days, but these past season 12-16 i have noticed it hasn't been true to its audience and trying to hard to go mainstream and get approval from critics and the general media. Don't get me wrong the show is clever and mostly comical but nothing funny like the old seasons which was painted with raunchy laugh out loud humor, now its just a trendy show that makes fun of politics and celebrities and riddled with tired jokes and no laughs. Just like most things on Comedy Central know a days no laughs more shock value and social commentary. Expand
  23. Sep 9, 2014
    People who says that "south park isn't funny and that you should watch family guy" has got to be kidding me for satire that stick to the object in the episode and doesn"t do random jokes that are used and also are bad...
  24. Mar 20, 2017
    dsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkldsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkldsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkldsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkldsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkldsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkldsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkldsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkldsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkldsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkldsfg; uhjoigdfsbjkl
  25. Sep 6, 2011
    Of all the adult cartoons out there, SOUTH PARK is, with no doubt, the vulgarest--and by a lot. On the other hand, I'd have to say that as for ranking humor, this one stands right next to THE SIMPSONS, and I greatly applaud the controversially brilliant, outrageously naughty comedy it delivers--and that's coming from someone who can't stand "hard-R" comedies, to compare television toOf all the adult cartoons out there, SOUTH PARK is, with no doubt, the vulgarest--and by a lot. On the other hand, I'd have to say that as for ranking humor, this one stands right next to THE SIMPSONS, and I greatly applaud the controversially brilliant, outrageously naughty comedy it delivers--and that's coming from someone who can't stand "hard-R" comedies, to compare television to film. In other words, SOUTH PARK is an absolute must-watch (and if you've watched it already, simply watch it once again). But if you'd rather not be offended, I'd recommend watching it where it's censored--ahem, not on Comedy Central!--because this show has the wackiest humor that aims to offend every living human. Expand
  26. Nov 23, 2011
    Most viewers will avoid the first season of South Park these days due to it's crude inconsistent animations, but the raunchy inappropriate comedy holds up quite well today. Some episodes from the first season were pretty funny to watch through like "Weight Gain 4000", "Pinkeye", Mr.Hankey the Christmas Poo", "Mecha-Streisand" and Cartman's Mom is a Dirty S***". However, there were someMost viewers will avoid the first season of South Park these days due to it's crude inconsistent animations, but the raunchy inappropriate comedy holds up quite well today. Some episodes from the first season were pretty funny to watch through like "Weight Gain 4000", "Pinkeye", Mr.Hankey the Christmas Poo", "Mecha-Streisand" and Cartman's Mom is a Dirty S***". However, there were some episodes that were okay, which made them right away forgettable. I never really cared for episodes like "Damien" or "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride". The South Park season one may not be as amazing as it was in 1997, but it's still a solid season that will laugh your a**off. Expand
  27. Dec 25, 2011
    Amazing show, like it a lot more that all the other animated shows like the simpsons and Family Guy. Funny and amusing at all points and clever animation and scripting also very original, its about time someone took a break from the dysfunctional family genre of comedy.
  28. Jan 9, 2012
    Funny program. Smart jokes and offensive references like Tom Hanks episodes. Way disgusting some times, but that's South Park's magic (what a magic, huh?).
  29. Oct 27, 2016
    I have been watching South Park since Cartman was abducted by aliens in Season 1, Ep 1. I also have collected every season on DVD. It is utterly amazing that the creators, writers and production staff are able to keep the show so fresh. Their one week turnaround time allows them the ability to be right on top of recent events. But, it is amazing that the new shows are as funny as theI have been watching South Park since Cartman was abducted by aliens in Season 1, Ep 1. I also have collected every season on DVD. It is utterly amazing that the creators, writers and production staff are able to keep the show so fresh. Their one week turnaround time allows them the ability to be right on top of recent events. But, it is amazing that the new shows are as funny as the earlier ones, and Season 20's first 5 episodes are hilarious. I don't know how long Trey Parker and Matt Stone want to continue, but they should for as long as they can keep it fresh. Expand
  30. Jan 30, 2013
    I think this show keeps getting better and better. almost with every episode. Although it is a bit less crude than it used to be, and a bit less vulgar and a quite a bit more topical I still love the characters. I must say tho' it has almost become too topical to a point of preaching to the audience.

1. Los Angeles Times
    Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jun 25, 2013
    Blatantly designed to tickle the funny bones of teenage boys and those who think like them, the show delivers plenty of lowbrow laughs, at the same time indulging in excesses seemingly calculated to shock the sensibilities of TV watchdogs. [13 Aug 1997]
  2. Miami Herald
    Reviewed by: Terry Jackson
    Jun 25, 2013
    It is at once insanely juvenile and very sophisticated, appealing to a funny bone that, as an adult, I try to hide. I feel guilty about laughing, but I laugh anyway. [13 Aug 1997]
  3. Newark Star-Ledger
    Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Jun 25, 2013
    For now, at least, the satirical elements aren't as sharp as other popular cartoons like "The Simpsons" or "King of the Hill" or even "Beavis & Butt-Head." [13 Aug 1997]