8.4

1. Nov 7, 2010
    It is one of the funniest, well written, and smartly done shows ever made. Matt and Trey's ability to take current events and turn them into hysterical and eye opening view points is a talent that no one else could do best. Here's to more good episodes, and to more good times with the foul mouthed 9 year olds!
  2. Oct 9, 2010
    The complete first season of South Park is hilarious, clever and raunchy. While admittedly South Park isn't for everyone, it's one of the funniest shows in television history and definitely worth your time!
  3. Nov 2, 2010
    This show is great. The show takes real world situations that need addressing and it then over exaggerates the situations and packages them in a hilarious way. Every episode gets at least 4 big laughs out of me. People who don't find it funny at all are either too young or stupid or both to understand the political and social innuendos the show contains.
  4. Aug 14, 2010
    South Park is not funny and there are way, way more shows out there you should watch instead of this one. The only average episode I saw was the WoW one.
  5. Jan 14, 2011
    Anybody who doesn't find this show funny has absolutely NO sense of humour whatsoever. One of the greatest comedy shows of all time. And Comedy Central's best.
  6. Mar 3, 2011
    Easily one of the funniest and most iconic TV shows ever created. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have kept the funny coming for over 13 years now. An entire episode is written and produced in less than a week allowing the writers to keep the material fresh and relevant.
  7. Jun 23, 2012
    This is one of the funniest well written shows out there, there is no way in hell anything comes even close.
    Matt and Trey make every episode funny. Of course some episodes are not that funny but 90% of them are. I got to say though i liked Eric Cartmans voice a lot more in the beginning seasons, but he is still my favorite character.

And for the south park fans who didn't see Matt and
    Trey's movie (BASEketball) i really really recommend it. Expand
  8. Apr 25, 2013
    Trey Parker and Matt Stone's crapmation show may have offensive and controversial content in there, however it is also one of the funniest and smartest animated shows out there.
  9. Apr 7, 2011
    Horrible and the most offensive show I have ever watched. Besides it's nothing but a right wing libertarian show, and Matt and Trey are a bunch of idiots if they think their show is awesome.
  10. Apr 18, 2011
    This Is The Worst Show I HAVE EVER SEEN!
    Really Annoying.. The Script Is Boring,, Not Even A Chuckle In The Show!
    This Is The WORST SHOW EVER MADE!
    0!
  11. Apr 28, 2011
    Awesome show. It is downright insane to me, that there are some individuals out there who lack any sense of humor and would rate this show anything below a 10. Sure, the show is bold and crosses comedic boundaries but so the **** what- that is what makes it so genius.
  12. Jun 12, 2013
    I have no problem with comedy shows that push the boundaries of decency and have often found myself laughing at shows like It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia or Family Guy. For me however South Park’s particular brand of crude humour has never been all that funny with the show seemingly often just setting out to see what they can get away with.

South Park may be very popular but it’ll
    never be something I’ll want to watch. Expand
  13. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best shows ever made and my 2nd favorite animated show behind family guy. It is well written and the comedy is spot on. It's awesome.......
  14. Jul 16, 2011
    First few seasons are much funnier than the recent ones, whilst animation might be a bit crude, this will bring laughs every episode
  15. Jan 27, 2012
    The storylines for the newer episodes are getting dumber every time. Think of the episode that was based on Jersey Shore. Jersey Shore is just a fad for today's idiots. It won't last that long. Same with the Jersey Shore South Park episode. Let's see if anyone will remember that episode well in let's say... 5 years.
  16. Aug 3, 2012
    Terrible. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible! This show is complete rubbish. Terrible characters, terrible stories and terrible humour. Its so bad I honestly dont know what to say. Terrible.
  17. May 27, 2013
    this show just needs to end it used to be good the story lines that they are coming up with are just so retarded some of it is it just seems like they are recycling older episodes
  18. Jan 24, 2014
    What people seem to not understand, is in addition to shock-humor and immature comedy, this show is mainly political and social commentary. It please immature fans with the first two mentioned comedic standards, and reaches to a more more mature, grown up audience with its political satire. I love this show, and if you look at it right, you will too.
  19. Sep 17, 2011
    In my opinion the funniest show on TV. not children appropriate. lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol lololololololololololololol Expand
  20. May 21, 2011
    Great kickoff for a irresistible TV show.

Highlights of the season :
    Cartman Gets an Anal Probe
    An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig
    Death
    Starvin Marvin
    Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut
  21. Sep 6, 2011
    Of all the adult cartoons out there, SOUTH PARK is, with no doubt, the vulgarest--and by a lot. On the other hand, I'd have to say that as for ranking humor, this one stands right next to THE SIMPSONS, and I greatly applaud the controversially brilliant, outrageously naughty comedy it delivers--and that's coming from someone who can't stand "hard-R" comedies, to compare television to film. In other words, SOUTH PARK is an absolute must-watch (and if you've watched it already, simply watch it once again). But if you'd rather not be offended, I'd recommend watching it where it's censored--ahem, not on Comedy Central!--because this show has the wackiest humor that aims to offend every living human. Expand
  22. Aug 14, 2011
    This is one of the greatest shows of all time and it's up their with other great shows like the simpsons and futurama. South park is on its 15th season and its an overall amazing show.
  23. Apr 28, 2012
    I've loved South Park for a long time. I *used* to find it hillarious. Well, with new episodes I find them un-funny and completely shockingly written. Such as, the episode "Jewpacabra". This episode simply wasn't funny. It was far too serious and there wasn't enough characters making fun of jews.

However, and episode such as "Cash for Gold" was brilliant. It was hillarious, funny and
    probably one of the best episodes I've seen. I think in this episode South Park went back to its roots.

South Park is like a roller-coaster. Sometimes they're at the bottom, sometimes at the top.

I want them to be at the top all the time. (Which, to be fair wouldn't make a very exciting roller-coaster.)
  24. Nov 23, 2011
    Most viewers will avoid the first season of South Park these days due to it's crude inconsistent animations, but the raunchy inappropriate comedy holds up quite well today. Some episodes from the first season were pretty funny to watch through like "Weight Gain 4000", "Pinkeye", Mr.Hankey the Christmas Poo", "Mecha-Streisand" and Cartman's Mom is a Dirty S***". However, there were some episodes that were okay, which made them right away forgettable. I never really cared for episodes like "Damien" or "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride". The South Park season one may not be as amazing as it was in 1997, but it's still a solid season that will laugh your a**off. Collapse
  25. Dec 25, 2011
    Amazing show, like it a lot more that all the other animated shows like the simpsons and Family Guy. Funny and amusing at all points and clever animation and scripting also very original, its about time someone took a break from the dysfunctional family genre of comedy.
  26. May 6, 2012
    I liked this show back in what I thought were the glory days, but these past season 12-16 i have noticed it hasn't been true to its audience and trying to hard to go mainstream and get approval from critics and the general media. Don't get me wrong the show is clever and mostly comical but nothing funny like the old seasons which was painted with raunchy laugh out loud humor, now its just a trendy show that makes fun of politics and celebrities and riddled with tired jokes and no laughs. Just like most things on Comedy Central know a days no laughs more shock value and social commentary. Expand
  27. Jan 9, 2012
    Funny program. Smart jokes and offensive references like Tom Hanks episodes. Way disgusting some times, but that's South Park's magic (what a magic, huh?).
  28. Jan 30, 2013
    I think this show keeps getting better and better. almost with every episode. Although it is a bit less crude than it used to be, and a bit less vulgar and a quite a bit more topical I still love the characters. I must say tho' it has almost become too topical to a point of preaching to the audience.
  29. Jul 5, 2012
    South Park has been on television for some time now. The first episode is unrecognizable. I have enjoyed watching the show for over six years. For awhile the episodes seemed to always be good. The children would cause some problem and eventually have to try and solve it. In many episodes Kenny dies, Cartman hates on Kyle, and Kyle says, "I have learned something today." But lets not forget Stan, because my favorite character in South Park is Stan's dad, Randy Marsh. This guy is an idiot (in a good way). In the 2008 election episode Randy sings out a song in the street, "OOOBama your so fine, you so fine you blow my mind...Hey Obama... Hey Obama." In many episodes he does something stupid like that. All the other characters help add to the show. Mr. Garrison is the children's teacher for the many years they have been in the fourth grade. At first he was gay, but a few seasons ago he became a woman and know is a lesbian. lol... Another character is Mr. Mackey (mmk). He is the school counslar that always says mmk. Chef is someone the children go to for help or ask questions. Their are many other characters in this show like: Hanky, Towely, etc... (Watch the show and you'll see that their is a **** load of characters). Like Family Guy, this show makes fun of current situations, but instead of lasting for thirty seconds (like Family Guy) they last the entire episode (twenty minutes or so). Some of my favorite episodes from the other seasons are: Casa Bonata, Make Love Not Warcraft, Shake Weight, Fishsticks, Pinewood Derby, W.T.F., Whale Wars, Imagination Land, Fat Camp, Scott Tenorman Must Die, Cartmanland, How to Eat with Your Butt, and many others. I have wasted many hours watching this hilarius show and you should too; Expand
  30. Feb 18, 2013
    This show is absolutely hilarious, and creative as well. This is one of the rare shows ive watched, that has actually continually gotten funnier as it goes along. each season gets funnier and funnier, and i always look foward to southpark. A show that litteraly has no limits and makes fun of everything, the key to loving southpark is being able to laugh at yourself. im christian, and i find its not fair to make fun of another religion, and get offended when the same thing happens to you (AHEM, Isaac hayes). Matt and trey really did a damn good job with this show, and i always look foward to a new southpark, and watching re runs as well, always a good laugh alone, or with family and friends. Expand
  31. Mar 17, 2014
    South Park is stupid, and it knows it. Quite often only by sitting through two racist Canadian stereotypes farting on one another can you get some of the most blatant, intelligent morals and speeches delivered by people who clearly couldn't care less if you like them or not. Every part of me recommends this show, the censored version over all less to get the more detailed and clever humor if you want to skip over the meaningless curses. Expand
  32. Jan 3, 2014
    Um das sátiras mais divertidas da tv dos últimos tempos, com certeza South Park uma das minhas série prediletas e com personagens e histórias divertidas.
  33. Mar 22, 2013
    Best comedy on TV offensive but hey if you can't handle it go away. White, Black, Hispanic, Jew, Italian, Jersey, Gay, Straight, Eviornmentalist, Real, Fake doesn't matter all get made fun of thats why I like it its not just Black. Its literally everyone, everything. Watch unless you are easly offended.
  34. Jan 9, 2014
    You can say whatever you want about this show, but as long as there is something to keep me laughing at some of the most horrible things I've ever seen, that's all good to me. It's uncensored "Family Guy" at its best. But it still works, Overall, it's a great messed up show.
  35. Mar 1, 2014
    One of the best cartoons to date. The show ages in time, although the pass few seasons episodes are either mega hits, or super bombs. The South Park is huge, and diverse. There's a lot of easter eggs in this TV show from past characters, to pop culture references. The characters themselves were once one dimensional but season to season seem to grow even more in depth. Matt and Trey do what most writing teams are afraid, push the envelope. They tackle topics are often tabooed or too edgy for most writers.

After looking pass the crude humor, fart jokes, and whatever else might piss "conformist" off, there's always a great message written underneath each episode.

----

If you looking for a few example of must see episodes check out

- World of Warcraft episode
    - Butters Bottom ****
    - And more recently, Thats 3 parter console wars. That's the last episode for 2013 and shows Matt and Trey still have it in them to create masterpieces.
  36. AGK
    Jan 16, 2014
    brilliance! I love this show so much, it doesn't matter which season i love every second of this godlike creation and the movies are flat out hilarious the only bad thing is I have to get foxtel to actually watch it.
  37. Jun 7, 2014
    I watched this with my dad when I was 5 years old and I still remember the first episode I watched,I was to young to understand what was being said or could figure out why my dad laughed every now and then, I like this show and I always look forward to watching an episode everyday. Since I'm older I can see what was so funny. This show is very funny and really unique. Every episode is the best 30 minutes every. Expand
  38. Dec 14, 2013
    This show is brilliant as it reflects current issues and blows them out of proportion just as society often does; however, with a twist to help ground us and laugh or we can stay in denial and call this funny cartoon Satan.
  39. Apr 6, 2014
    Unfortunately, South Park's crude and insensitive humor put me in the wrong frame of mind. A state that makes you just dislike something. I don't like this show, but can I be blamed for disliking something like this?
  40. Mar 24, 2014
    More than just fun, it seems a means to show inappropriate things to the kids, because I did not see anything comedy. It is an offense to all religion, black people, homosexuality, among other things. What were they thinking creators of this series?, And I'm happy just to give you 4, but this does not even reach 1 is very poor and does not give good examples.
  41. Mar 16, 2014
    Hilarious..done. Oh 150 characters minimum?hmm ....hilarious,hilarious,hilarious,hilarious,hilarious,hilarious,hilarious,hilarious,hilarious,hilarious,funny.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jun 25, 2013
    Blatantly designed to tickle the funny bones of teenage boys and those who think like them, the show delivers plenty of lowbrow laughs, at the same time indulging in excesses seemingly calculated to shock the sensibilities of TV watchdogs. [13 Aug 1997]
  2. Reviewed by: Terry Jackson
    Jun 25, 2013
    It is at once insanely juvenile and very sophisticated, appealing to a funny bone that, as an adult, I try to hide. I feel guilty about laughing, but I laugh anyway. [13 Aug 1997]
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Jun 25, 2013
    For now, at least, the satirical elements aren't as sharp as other popular cartoons like "The Simpsons" or "King of the Hill" or even "Beavis & Butt-Head." [13 Aug 1997]