Southland : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.5

1. ChuckC
    Apr 12, 2009
    I'm not psychic, so I never got the connection with the "ants" in the alley and in her apartment??? What makes writers think we understand something that has no credibility? I'll watch once more to make my final decision
  2. MichaelH
    Apr 30, 2009
    I'm disappointed in this show given that comes from the creators of ER. People took ER for granted in later years but there was stellar acting in it and some excellent writing. It was no wonder that it attracted some Hollywood illuminati as guest stars. By contrast Southland seems to have few sympathetic characters and seems to trade in stereotypes. We don't really see inside I'm disappointed in this show given that comes from the creators of ER. People took ER for granted in later years but there was stellar acting in it and some excellent writing. It was no wonder that it attracted some Hollywood illuminati as guest stars. By contrast Southland seems to have few sympathetic characters and seems to trade in stereotypes. We don't really see inside the characters...they are kind of like caricatures...series of appearances. I'm going to give the show a little more time but I am disappointed. More could have been done with it. Expand
  3. TomH
    Apr 9, 2009
    You would think a cop or the dmv could tell the difference between a '63 and a '64 Chevy. I hate it when they make such a stupid, simple mistake. Oh and put the rear view mirror back on the cop car. Any camera man or director could work around it.
  4. HDCase
    Jan 14, 2010
    This should would be great, if it only concentrated on the street cops who are charismatic, well-fleshed out characters. Unfortunetly, it divides its time between them and some very uninteresting and unlikeable detectives. Cut out the detectives and maybe I'd watch again.
  5. Pamela
    Apr 23, 2009
    Can someone please tell me what is the point of the characters cursing on the show just to bleeped out? I thought this was scripted show...hello! It doesn't make any sense to me and it is quite annoying. I would like the show better it wasn't for the foul language.
  6. NerijusD
    Jun 14, 2009
    Started good, but then turned into an ugly visage.
  7. MatthewT
    May 22, 2009
    The first episode was great but it has been downhill from there. The show is focusing on the least interesting characters all of the sudden played by the weakest actors in the bunch. It's not good enough to suck you in and not bad enough to be camp.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Wells and company have delivered a cop drama with its own racing pulse, albeit for a network that's uncomfortably close to flatlining.
  2. Prattle is, in any case, a minor note compared with the crackling pace of the first script, its evocative mood of menace at every turn, each police car racing to destinations that will reveal who knows what tragedy or unspeakable sight.
  3. The acting is top-notch, the editing is fast and furious and the photography is rich, giving the show a fresh feel. But the first episode never really breaks new ground in cop land.