• Network: Starz
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 27, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
8.2

1. Feb 25, 2012
    I was a little concerned about the direction this season was going, but after was Episode 5: Libertus, I have to say my hopes have been significantly elevated.
  2. Feb 24, 2012
    I need to say that, till now, maybe is the worst of the three seasons showed on the TV. However, this is not bad. I miss some fights in the arena, but the true story of Spartacus will show us, soon or later, this type of fights. We just need to wait. Some big think, if I'm right, is coming.
  3. Mar 6, 2012
    Very impressed by the acting in this season including the great twists and comic book action. I feel they made very good decision in bringing back Lucy Lawless as she was definitely a favourite with the fans.
  4. Sep 26, 2013
    Another fantastic chapter in Starz Spartacus series. "Vengeance" takes on a different feel from previous seasons in that you're no longer watching the characters fight for their masters in the arena, but instead watching them trying to survive while building an army in order to fully secure their freedom. Almost all of the original cast returns to reprise their role except for Andy Whitfield (R.I.P.) for obvious reasons, but his replacement Liam McIntyre does an excellent job. The plot is overall darker than previous seasons and you can never know who's motives to really trust. The writing is as always excellent and I was impressed to see how much the story made me sympathize with characters I previously hated and vise-versa. As always action is gory and satisfying, and the new characters introduced this season fit in perfectly with the already established cast. The only real complaint I have with "Vengeance" is that it is far too short at only 10 episodes. Still it's another fantastic season and really sets the pace for "War of the Damned". All in all I am once again impressed. Expand
  5. Feb 26, 2012
    A think it started a little slow, I mean the first episode is fine, then the second one is a little doll but after the third one I think it gets good, then great and then amazing. I guess we all are used to the ludus and the arena, but this is just a little part of the main history of Spartacus. I think that its getting better and better each episode, so all we need to do is be patients.
  6. Feb 27, 2012
    Brilliant Show. one of the best shows on TV right now. Action packed and emotionally charged. I would definitely recommend it to people who liked Rome or Gladiator or The Tudors I hope its here to stay!
  7. Apr 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Liam McIntyre Spartacus was making me question the plot but after a couple off episodes in I did not care as the plot is very good and keep making me question what was going to happen next. Can't wait for the next series and I am glad Garrus is is back. Expand
  8. Mar 24, 2012
    While this new season took a while to find its footing, I have really grown to love it. Liam, the new Spartacus, has filled out the role admirably in my opinion. Glaber, while starting out as a bland villain compared to the magnificent Batiatus of season 1, has grown more and more diabolical as events unfold. And of course Illythia and Lucretia continue to be gorgeous and deliciously evil. If the finale can go out with a bang, I can honestly say that Vengeance will be on par with Blood and Sand or Gods of the Arena. Expand
  9. Mar 7, 2012
    During the first season we watched a legend be born in Spartacus: Blood and Sand and ever since the Male Lead, Andy Whitfield died last year of Lymphoma Hodgkins is was for sure a struggle to get back on the air with Spartacus. But sure enough they hired the new Spartacus, Liam McIntyre they are now back for their official season Spartacus: Vengeance. So far in the three episodes I have watched they are doing pretty well without their old lead and the show seems to be the same which is great because Blood and Sand was awesome, and there is a lot of Blood, Sex, Nudity, Language, and Adult Content to go around which is awesome. Although I must point out this show is not for the faint at heart. You should be at least 14 or 15 years-old before letting your children watch it because of it's adult content and graphicness. Buy it on DVD or watch it on Starz at home. Expand
  10. Apr 6, 2012
    Following on from the first series and subsequent prequel, Spartacus has developed something of cult following and true second season of the most explicit show on TV returns with Spartacus raising an army of familiar faces to take on the might of the Roman empire. The writers manage to find a way to reunite all the favourites from both previous seasons. Spartacus is played by Liam McIntye in Vengeance following Andy Whitfield's sad death and McIntyre fills the role with similar gusto to Whitfield albeit with a slight Christian Bale voice impersonation.
    Third time around its dawned on me how seriously the show takes itself. There are very few light hearted moments and I lost count of the number of grand speeches and intense stares Spartacus and Praetor Glaber give throughout the series. The seriousness of the show is in stark contrast with the attitude of Spartacus' audience, most of whom I believe watch just for fun and with tongue firmly in cheek, adding to the shows cult appeal.

The combination of extreme gore, though impressive, and explicit sex is not quite as novel this time around but the backstabbing, bed-hopping and blood-spilling plot is still strong enough to enjoy. The finale is gripping as the action switches between Spartacus and Glaber and the scheming pair of Lucretia and Illythia.
  11. Mar 28, 2012
    Well we are about to see the end of the season and boy... That was a great one! First I was a bit disappointed with the new Spartacus but after a couple of episodes he got better and better. The plot is thickening and getting richer each episode.
    Overall one of the best series on TV right now.
  12. Jun 14, 2012
    this show is the greatespiece of entertainment known to man, action, violence, great story based on real life, this show made me feel like everything i have watched in my entire life was a waste of my time, if u don't like this show you are prob brainwashed by religion or someother ignorant group that don't like things uncensored, everything about this is high quality, the highest quality, homophobes, or violence phobes or just people who are boring won't like this, 10 out of 10 Expand
  13. Jan 13, 2014
    the 2nd season in this series was almost as good as the 1st. Liam McIntyre fills in the role of Spartacus nicely for Andy Whitefield who sadly past away :/. this season had a very dark intriguing plot to it and some of the twists were great and unexpected!. the action scenes left me stunned as always the case in the show. i loved the emotion this season portrayed especially between glaber and Spartacus and had very emotional heartbreaking moments as well and overall i felt this sequel succeeded just as well as the first introducing new characters as well. definitely my favorite show on TV right now! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Aaron Riccio
    Feb 27, 2012
    Well written and acted, almost perfectly paced, and entirely unlike anything else on television, Spartacus isn't just bloody good, it's bloody excellent.
    Both the new actor and the revamped series take some getting used to.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Jan 27, 2012
    Everything fans loved about the first season--which improved dramatically over its course, by the way--is here. Everyone is not. McIntyre is good, but he's not Whitfield, either.