• Network: Starz
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 25, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 3
8.7

1. Feb 12, 2013
    love the blood and violence, gannicus, and the new 'villian' crassius are interesting and watchable. for me thats where the good times end, and the show becomes week. for me Liam is a poor cast, worse tho is the dialogue he has to work with ultimately making him look like a douche. i see spartacus portrayed as little more than an angry thug with no real vision and all the charisma of a piece of toast. i dont understand why anyone would follow him.. sadly the way i can watch theshow is to view spartacus as the villian. and be in support crassius. not what was intended i think. overall not really impressed, but will perservere just to see if they get smashed by the romans.. hope so... Expand
  2. Feb 15, 2013
    This series is starting to falter for me. All of the blood and gore is useless. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind violent shows. Just not at the expense of story and plot. It seems that (and sex scenes) is all this show has to offer nowadays.

I feel the other seasons had much more character development and immersive story. Now it’s just comp. animated fight scene after fight scene. Plus,
    the blood looks so fake. Looks like bright red paint at times.

I mean, Game of Thrones has violence and sex too, but never ever at the expensive of being lazy with their plot or story.

This show does not deserve a good rating. I’m going to stop watching it at this point
  3. Mar 5, 2013
    It's not the blood or the sex that's the problem here (after all, if you've made it this far, as I have, that's part and parcel of the shows' appeal), it's the story. As has been stated, the plotting and pacing is weak, especially when measured against previous seasons. I can't really determine what the writers/producers are trying to accomplish, but it's not working for me. Julius Caesar as an action hero was the last straw for me. Too cheesy. I'll stick it out, but I'm not as excited, and I'm ready for it to end now. Meh... Expand
  4. Apr 13, 2013
    The final season of Spartacus is also its weakest, but it ends on a fairly high note. Having watched since the original Blood and Sand season with Andy Whitfield, I was really disappointed by this one. Many of the characters whose unique personalities once defined the show begin to act completely out of character for the sake of moving the plot forward, many times unforgivably. The villains in this season are a mixed bag; some are great and bring something new to the table, others are absolutely and completely idiotic. There's a definitive line between making a character villainous because their evil actions demand it, and making a character villainous just because he's a bad guy, it doesn't have to make sense what he does, as long as he's bad. This is a big writing mistake that will kick a lot of people out of the experience, and this wasn't nearly as much of an issue in earlier seasons.

While Spartacus has never been a perfect show, it deserved a better final season than this. Plot holes and characters problems abound. I will say that the series finale was very well handled though. It's still far from perfect plot wise, and contains a few moments meant to be serious but made me laugh out loud, but it rivals the season 2 finale and is a fitting end to the series. If all of the episodes of this season kept up with the finale, I'd probably be giving this a 9, but there are so many problems that about halfway through the season, I wanted to just stop watching the show, which is a feeling I never had during the first 3 seasons.
  5. Sep 18, 2013
    COSHH: Duties and standards on all aspects of control of substances hazardous to health including chemicals, dust, micro-organisms and dangerous pathogens. (Control of substances hazardous to health regulations 2002 require employers to assess the risks from hazardous substances and take appropriate precautions)

DONT WATCH THIS ITS SH1T

1. Reviewed by: Aaron Riccio
    Feb 5, 2013
    As the tactics of these two characters [Marcus Crassus and Spartacus] grow all but indistinguishable, it becomes clear why this final season is labeled War of the Damned, and all but guarantees that while their fighting will lead to a bitter end, it will lead viewers to the most savory of conclusions.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jan 25, 2013
    You think you know how this story will end, but trust DeKnight and his company of players to surprise us to the last bloody moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jan 25, 2013
    Spartacus worked best when it was an ancient "Upstairs Downstairs" with the house of Battiatus as the "upstairs" component and the gladiator school as the "downstairs." With that element gone, the show has no natural home base and feels a bit unmoored.